Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
Front end grip isn't usually like a switch (we aren't at MotoGP lean angles). Think more like Marquez's mini-saves, where he picks it up off his knee, but less extreme. I've picked up dozens of front loses with my knee over the years. This is mostly when you're at the limit of grip and go a fraction beyond. Sometimes you'll get a tiny slide that doesn't need picking up, but you feel it. That's a smaller fraction beyond the limit. Practice, and you'll learn the feeling.

A proper lowside (ie no chance of catching the front) is usually an error of some sort, or pushing way too hard.

By just going a tiny bit harder gradually, you'll get to feeling the feedback from the front. And then as you up the pace, you can pretty much rely on the tyre being able to cope with the same thing again (in the same day/conditions with same tyre wear, not forever under any circumstances). This gets you used to the 'next level' of corner speed. And then you trust it: My best laps have had me thinking "I can't believe the front isn't folding here" on the same turn, lap after lap after lap.
Great info i'm in the same boat as Jashdown..id love to know how much is too much for the front end. This advice on the fact that the front will give warning before it lets go is great.
Thanks guys great info.