Thread: How do you ride a bike?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I set up pre braking . Like turn 1 at the creek I set up as I cross the start finish line still under power so the bike isnt upset at all. Maybe t 6 or t 9 I'll stay back on the bike to keep the rear wheel down but will be off the side ready to roll in and as the braking is under control slide forward into corner entry position . Another thing that helps me with changing direction that can be underused a lot is using your feet and footpegs to change direction.
    Last edited by stevem; 26-02-2016 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    I set up pre braking . Like turn 1 at the creek I set up as I cross the statt finish line still under power so the bike isnt upset at all. Maybe t 6 or t 9 I'll stay back on the bike to keep the rear wheel down but will be off the side ready to roll in and as the braking is under control slide forward into corner entry position . Another thing that helps me with changing direction that can be underused a lot is using your feet and footpegs to change direction.
    That's an interesting point! Never really thought about using the footpegs much, other than riding the shitty new stuff at the creek, up the hill out of turn 6 it's all about that for me.

Steve, I have an 04 R1 without traction control, same as you. I find I tend to watch the more modern bikes laying black lines without their tail moving, whereas I need to wait a little to stand it up more or all the rear end does is move rather than drive. In my mind, I always wish I could do what I see Pedrosa do, IE; really push the bike more vertical up and get hard on the gas, but I tend to just be gradual on the throttle and roll it on harder as the bike gets more vertical. If I ever try to be more enthusiastic, it slides and I lose drive.

Thread Information