Well that was a fun weekend I know everyone was saying how good the circuit was , and they are right. Smooth as, good grip, and Fast ! Finding the confidence to push and use all of the track was tricky ( carl and I have never been there before ). So we spent Friday on the practice day slowly getting up to speed. Think we may have managed a 47 or a 48 by the end of the day, which I was happy with, seeing as i havnt done anything for a year and Carl is still learning heaps.
Sat was Wet, very wet ! Windy and still heaps of fun. The racing was interesting, watching Carl disappear into the distance, hes getting quite quick now quite a few crashes though and a few oil spills meant we didnt get through the program.
Sunday was drying, that meant wet tyres on a drying track but man that was a giggle, sliding everywhere and feeling the front tyre walk under brakes was top fun. As it dried we switched back onto slicks, Carl got straight into it but i was getting tired. Cant believe how fast he was going getting into flat 45's and lots of them, I was stuck at low 48's i think. I had a blast , Carl cannot stop grinning and saying its the BEST place hes ever been to. Thanks to everyone for making it so much fun, thanks to my bike for not blowing up as its now in its 3rd plus season of racing since its build ( well overdue a rebuild ). One year off any track action was def too long before going to PI racing, but it was soo much fun. Till next time