Quote Originally Posted by WRCPUG View Post
Thanks heaps for the information and tips mate. The thing is this post was not meant to be about any issues i've got with the bike these are just thoughts and questions i've just got about cornering in general.

The only reason i have raised the rear is going by a post on another forum about shock setup and also going by the manual for my bike it suggests for track use to take the rear shock height to 313mm rathe than the 310 for street.

The front end feel on this bike is great and the only issue i did have was a slight running wide on corner exit which i think was caused by too much squat.

But as you mentioned track time is what i need before i make major adjustments and i was at Phillip island last friday and was feeling much more confident. Im almost back down to my PB on my old bike so i came away quite happy.
All good mate.

Getting the Pros to assist you when at the track will help heaps if you can swing it... the point is to make a mental note as you feel it happening so you can go back and assess why and what needs to change.

Pick 2 corners at opposite ends of the track to work on getting the feel. Start with your favourites so you have some lines sorted and are focussing on less variables.

When you come in from the session, take a few minutes to yourself to clearly remember what was going on so you can tell the pro what it was doing. Don't try to analyse it out on track.. Use that time for the next turn

Most of all - Enjoy