Shocking development....

Despite having bought the gear second hand, the Bitubo guys in Australia and at HQ have been incredibly helpful when it comes to information.
I've heard from a fair few people that the BMW's can be a pain to setup for handling etc so I was keen to at least get a base setting to work from.
What I received tho, was page after page after page of setup information for a rider my weight, including fork height, shock length, clicker settings, oil height and even shim stacks, straight from WSBK recorded data for a variety of tyres on a variety of tracks.

Just a snippit...

One thing I discovered, is that the shock I'd bought is actually for a 2010, not the 2013+ that my bike is.
The overall wheelbase was decreased from 2010 to 2012 on the bike to make the handling better, so this would have been the reason the shock changed.
Armed with the setup and build data for both models, it was easy too see what needed changing to make it work...

So it's out with the old...

....and in with the new!!

Last thing for today was some GB crash protection!! Race profile frame sliders and the engine case covers...