More shiny things have been arriving in the post so I thought I should get to work fitting them up!!

First up from the good people at Hel Australia, some braided lines front and rear:

Before I could fit the new lines tho, there was the small matter of eliminating the ABS system.
If you've not seen one before, basically all the lines are run back to a central pump that has a bunch of plungers in them that apply the ABS. On the BMW this box is also a control box for the traction control so you can't just rip the whole thing out.
You can either buy a clever harness/black box thingo that takes care of the traction control and potential fault codes or you can go at it with blunt instruments until it looks done. (Thanks for the tips Stevem, JonnyB & Wolfie57!!)
Happily my new ECU flash takes care of the error codes so I decided to go without the aftermarket harness and opt for the latter, blunt instrument approach...

Here's the ABS unit, under the seat...

I think I only really need the bit on the left, under the plug, as the stuff on the right is for the ABS plungers. There looks to be a PCB board underneath it all tho so I'll not strip it back any further.

It was a bit of a mission, pulling out all of the rigid brake lines that were threaded through the engine but I think we've saved a fair bit of weight!

Whilst I was in there I removed the old exhaust flapper servos too. Again, the ECU flash will take care of any errors.

I tidied up the control unit under the seat but found there was a bit of a hole where the ABS pump unit was mounted...

I've got some BMW control software coming, for the electronics, and I'll need a cable to control that, so I made the hole a bit bigger and it'll get an IP rated USB port fitted

With the old brake lines off, I was now ready to fit up the new ones. Happily this meant fitting up the new Vortex rear-sets, carbon hugger and finally the Akra!

I ran the front lines too but there are a few more bits that need done to the front end before I can call that done...