Have done CSS 1-3 (4 is essentially riding with an instructor watching you working on stuff from 1-3); also done Bernies course 1-3 of 6 and a day in the park with Alex.

It depends on where you are at and how quick you pick up.

CSS - need to start at 1 and work through the numbers..you will be taught some techniques and slowed down via "controls" such as no brakes, 1 gear etc to ensure you work on the drill and the instructor can keep up. L1-L3 give you the drills, L4 is practice of L1-L3 areas needing attention. you can also go out in as many sessions as you can handle (at least that was the case a few years ago)

Bernie H - weekend at Bernies - think of a track day with some coaching thrown in and someone you can talk to about problem areas, etc. Photos are taken and posted for each session to allow you to see what you are doing. you get to take a copy of the photos on ur USB or download from FB.

Bernie H - courses - need to start at 1 and work through the numbers. L1 is the basics - I had my young fella do it with me before he had his Ls and managed to get a good handle on body position, trail braking, clutchless gearshifts etc. classes are around 9-12 people with around 3-4 instructors/ assistants.

A day in the park with Alex- excellent support and guidance. Be prepared to sort out the areas identified (ideally as soon as they are identified) and you will be able to work through a whole heap of areas through the day. Alex has assisted Bernie on many of Bernies schools so the stuff aligns well with what you learn at Bernies.

All have their place depending on where you are at, as Im sure Al S does as well.

A key area is to listen to what is being observed and understand it, discuss it etc then apply the improvement.

I got a lot out of all of the above, and I think they happened in the right sequence for me... CSS first as there were some basics I needed work on, then Bernies courses - mush more tailored to individual needs and skill levels (if Bernie could see you were a more advanced rider he would give you something more advanced to suit), then 1:1 with Alex, which refreshed some soft spots and go me more consistent and built some confidence...

I did the weekend at bernies last weekend after over 2 years away from south circuit and not much track time in that time of late. I also got a lot out of this and got some great feedback to keep me upright from Gilesy and Bernie.

2c

Cheers

Little Mick