PDA

View Full Version : Love thy neighbour

Baddie
15-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Alright Biatches

My friend LEBBO neighbor ask me to come have a look at why his 2008 ex250j is having indicator issues.

The history is as follows....it had light fall and smash the indicators. Therefore he has replaced all OEM indicators with LED units and that's where the trouble started.
After installing the LED's and selected either left or right turn all the lights would stay on (No flashing). He then went to kelen kawa shop and was told to replace turning relay , which he did that also had an inbuilt LED resistor in it.

Now when selecting left all the lights are flashing, but select right turn nothing happens.

All he has done is cut were the oem where connected and replaced them with LED's.

Any ideas legends?.:help:

Slow bro
15-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Sounds like a faulty flasher unit or it's pluged in the wrong way.

Button699
15-03-2015, 07:56 PM
It usually helps to do one indicator at a time.. That way he won't mix the wires up!!! Lol. Def sounds like he's just wire them up wrong . I've done it before and it just does wierd thing like u mentioned ( lights flashy wrong). Just need to redo the wiring brother

Marshy
15-03-2015, 08:09 PM
What are these 'indicators' of which you speak?

dan
16-03-2015, 09:40 AM
What are these 'indicators' of which you speak?

^^^^^^^^ this

Marty
16-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Are they 2 wire or 3 wire indicators? In the states they have some weird rule where the indicators have to stay on like parkers. I found with my CBR the California indicators are 3 wire and have this. If it's running through the OEM plug there might be something funny going on.

Negrogrande
16-03-2015, 05:30 PM
On my aprilia I had to wire the stock globe under the seat when I switched to LED resistor unit/ flasher relay didn't work properly, both would light up

Baddie
16-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Are they 2 wire or 3 wire indicators? In the states they have some weird rule where the indicators have to stay on like parkers. I found with my CBR the California indicators are 3 wire and have this. If it's running through the OEM plug there might be something funny going on.

Two wire cheap ass rubbish.....I've told him to chase down OEM and install them, worry about LEDs after blue slip.

Phat3R
16-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Replace the bike it's faulty ;P

Metal-Man
17-03-2015, 07:37 PM
dun worry about it as most ppl dun use em anyways ;-)