PDA

View Full Version : TAFE Small Engine Course

Phat3R
27-01-2015, 08:03 PM
FYI:

http://connect2.merlinfx.com.au/index.php?action=social&c=6150ccc6069bea6b5716254057a194ef.3243

Ultimo TAFE

Small Engines Course

Hi NSW Members,

We have received this information from Peter Denison from the TAFE - NSW in Ultimo. Peter has provided information about the small engines course recently started at Ultimo TAFE. We thought some of you might like to find out more about the course.

Peter writes "Ultimo TAFE is heavily supported by some key motorcycle manufacturers (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki to name a few), we certainly are the largest motorcycle training provider in NSW.

After many enquiries last year from the public – particularly motorcycle enthusiasts, we are running a small short engines course to meet the need.

Please don't hesitate to contact me by either phone or email, or Karl one of our teachers (his details provided in the attachment)"

Peter's details are

Peter Denison
Head Teacher
Automotive Technology; Light Vehicle, Motorcycle, Marine, NAVY, API & OPE Industry Training - Wattle St Cluster
TAFE NSW – Sydney Institute, Building Q, Room Q.G.06, Wattle Street, Ultimo NSW 2007
P: (02) 9217 3041 | F: (02) 9217 4003 | Email: peter.denison@det.nsw.edu.au | www.sit.nsw.edu.au

Turbo
27-01-2015, 08:31 PM
FYI:

http://connect2.merlinfx.com.au/index.php?action=social&c=6150ccc6069bea6b5716254057a194ef.3243

How good are those helmet comms?!!

Interesting. got as link for the actual course, Rick?

Phat3R
27-01-2015, 09:41 PM
No that's all I got in the email. I'll see if I have time to ring him up tomorrow to get more details.

I've been eying off some sort of TAFE metal fabrication short course to get some of those mad welding skillz.

Acionyx
28-01-2015, 01:09 PM
I'd be interested. I did a short intro welding course a few years ago at meadowbank tafe and it was pretty excellent.

The instructor told us that the best way to get good in-depth training was to chime in on individual units from the proper trade welding course, i.e. by doing the production mig welding subject from semester [x]. We were to do this as a member of the public by giving the specific unit numbers to the enrolments dept. He also said there was a trade equivalent of the intro course we'd just done which was way better as well.

No idea what the actual unit names/numbers are, or even if it still works this way but probably worth a look. Might be able to just call up whoever it is that runs the hobbyist intro courses.

I also remember them saying that meadowbank had the best course and newest welding facilities at the time. They certainly had three phase power sockets which looked like they came straight out of Halo and I have never been able to find the photos I took of them