PDA

View Full Version : TONs new rules for 15

WETTY
11-01-2015, 10:51 AM
So his rules are out soon and its rumoured to have a few changes for 600 and 1000 FX classes

1000- Kit harness ecu , remote span adjusters and discs can change

600- Kit harness ecu , shock , remote span adjusters, discs and ex can be full Ti (not Thai)

dont know about any other classes

chubb
11-01-2015, 12:57 PM
He's meeting Dunlop in Canberra next week I hear

If true what you say, a lot of 600 bikes suddenly became FX600 legal.

chubb
20-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Well the rules all laid out here now.

http://www.fxsuperbikes.com.au/?page_id=600

Negrogrande
20-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Superbike is pretty restrictive... Formula Oz it is (if I get faster)

seems unnecessarily restrictive for things that don't really add huge costs or performance advantages

- The wiring harness cannot be modified other than to allow a Lanyard Kill switch to be fitted. No other
alterations including no repinning of any plugs connected to the ECU / harness from the standard layout for the
model and year.
- Fuel Injection Metering Control Device with an Australian maximum new $1000 RRP Inc GST Must plug into
original wiring harness plugs and cannot be used for any other function other than fuel metering.
- Plug in piggy back Auto Tune units with no other functions other than adjusting fuel air mixtures. Must only use
a single plug in oxygen sensor. No other sensors can be fitted or utilised for any other function.

so can run a PCV etc but not a KIT option?

- Thermo Fans must work as per how they came from the factory. Aftermarket switches or plugging
in extra wiring to bypass and or allow manual powering of the fans is not allowed under these rules.
Seems a really odd rule?

- Only standard OEM per year and model (none fixed) wheel spacers can be used.

No captive wheel spacers? again a strange rule

Binksy
20-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Seems like a much more sensible spec considering how many bikes there are with titanium exhausts and aftermarket shocks....

chubb
20-01-2015, 03:32 PM
well you can flash the ECU and it gets you all the kit functions for 1/4 of the price so its a no brainer really..

the switch for thermo fans is retarded.. I will agree with you there...

WETTY
20-01-2015, 04:42 PM
well you can flash the ECU and it gets you all the kit functions for 1/4 of the price so its a no brainer really..

the switch for thermo fans is retarded.. I will agree with you there...

i have banged heads with the fat kiwi about the fan switch rule for yrs, he has no idea

Marshy
20-01-2015, 04:49 PM
i have banged heads with the fat kiwi about the fan switch rule for yrs, he has no idea

It used to be you couldn't run the left-hand switchblock, then you absolutely must run it. Dunno where that rule is now. Fan switches are in the same category.... I can only assume he's trying to stop people running a 'boost' switch (or retard switch, really), that can manipulate the fuel or ignition map so the bike has a 'dyno' mode. ie when you get pulled aside and the bike put on the dyno, there's no switch on the handlebar to flick to put it in low-power-output mode so it dynoes legal horsepowers, not the 30 over it's really got.

Bizarre, because a handlebar switch is the absolutely least likely way cheats are gonna trigger a mode change. It would only catch honest cheats, and I don't know many of those.

WETTY
20-01-2015, 04:57 PM
It used to be you couldn't run the left-hand switchblock, then you absolutely must run it. Dunno where that rule is now. Fan switches are in the same category.... I can only assume he's trying to stop people running a 'boost' switch (or retard switch, really), that can manipulate the fuel or ignition map so the bike has a 'dyno' mode. ie when you get pulled aside and the bike put on the dyno, there's no switch on the handlebar to flick to put it in low-power-output mode so it dynoes legal horsepowers, not the 30 over it's really got.

Bizarre, because a handlebar switch is the absolutely least likely way cheats are gonna trigger a mode change. It would only catch honest cheats, and I don't know many of those.
yeh all that , the pcv has a map switch option so his LH switch rule is a joke .
when you flash a ZX6R ecu you can move the fan on n off setting so he's still got no idea , he can eat tho

chubb
20-01-2015, 05:09 PM
yeh all that , the pcv has a map switch option so his LH switch rule is a joke .
when you flash a ZX6R ecu you can move the fan on n off setting so he's still got no idea , he can eat tho

Reckon he loves hangi best???

doesn't say cant make the fans come on earlier anyhows

Marshy
20-01-2015, 05:13 PM
when you flash a ZX6R ecu you can move the fan on n off setting so he's still got no idea

Same same with the Yammie. Just tell the ECU what temps you want the fans to come on and go off again, and it's good to go.

Lol!

WETTY
20-01-2015, 08:42 PM

""""Thermo Fans must work as per how they came from the
factory""""". Aftermarket switches or plugging
in extra wiring to bypass and or allow manual power
ing of the fans is not allowed under these rules.

Turbo
20-01-2015, 08:50 PM
So, like does he have 1 specific bike VIN in mind that he's allowing??
Seems needlessly complicated and restrictive in some strange places...

chubb
20-01-2015, 09:00 PM

I meant via ECU. Westmead drugged you up too much.

Marshy
20-01-2015, 09:28 PM
I meant via ECU. Westmead drugged you up too much.

Sounds like Turkey talk to me ;)

Even with the ECU change, it wouldn't violate this rule. The thermo fans are working exactly how they came from the factory (they blow air when they are running.... derr!!! How else would a fan work; make coffee??), and there are no aftermarket switches, wires, plugs, or manual power.

ECU flashing is allowed, and it isn't specific about what is allowed in the flash. Changing the fan temp 'on' setting in the ECU from 103 to 80 isn't in breach of any rule.

QED

WETTY
21-01-2015, 08:33 AM
well it is really . they must work as they cum from the factory , if you change the temp setting they dont !
its a total load of shite , Kawi needs a manual switch coz the fan dosnt run unless the engine is going , but he will /wouldnt /never listen to common sense .

i dont know or care how the other brands work so sorry .

WETTY
21-01-2015, 08:34 AM

the rule is remember "if it dosnt say u can u cant!!!"

chubb
21-01-2015, 08:54 AM
So I shouldn't get those captive spacers from you then??? [emoji6]

Marshy
21-01-2015, 08:57 AM

Ouch!!!!

http://mixmatters.com/media/BAhbB1sHOgZmSSIwMjAxMi8wNC8yOC8yMy8xMC8zMS8xNjgvZG lyZWN0X2hpdF9sb2dvLmpwZwY6BkVUWwg6BnA6CnRodW1iSSIM MTkzeDE4MQY7BlQ/direct_hit_logo.jpg

WETTY
21-01-2015, 09:03 AM

no i wouldnt . if you expect to win , you dont want to be chucked out for cheating

chubb
21-01-2015, 09:12 AM
no i wouldnt . if you expect to win , you dont want to be chucked out for cheating

winner winner chicken dinner... I will try... but I'm not expecting too much just gonna have fun

WETTY
21-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Ouch!!!!

http://mixmatters.com/media/BAhbB1sHOgZmSSIwMjAxMi8wNC8yOC8yMy8xMC8zMS8xNjgvZG lyZWN0X2hpdF9sb2dvLmpwZwY6BkVUWwg6BnA6CnRodW1iSSIM MTkzeDE4MQY7BlQ/direct_hit_logo.jpg

only sold 65 sets of 6 and 10r captive wheel spacers , 1 sale aint gunna stop the 101 flowing ;)

Marshy
21-01-2015, 01:25 PM
only sold 65 sets of 6 and 10r captive wheel spacers , 1 sale aint gunna stop the 101 flowing ;)

So that's 65 competitors that chubb could get excluded from the results for cheating..... he will be around soon to get your customer list! :D

chubb
21-01-2015, 01:40 PM