PDA

View Full Version : TARMAC Garage at SMP - 9th, 10th, 11th

Marshy
30-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Hey all,

Whilst not officially sanctioned by ECRD, we plan on having a TARMAC garage at the track on the upcoming track days. However, there's a big difference to the other 'official' garages - the TARMAC garage welcomes new people!! People we don't yet know will be encouraged, not excluded!

Remember back to before you were a member of TARMAC, RATs, KSRC etc? Did you find the group by entering a RESERVED garage at the Creek?? I certainly didn't. I happened to accidentally garage with people that I got to know and who told me about their online community. When all you do is pit with the same few people every time, you never meet new people in real life (just the odd keyboard warrior) and the online community gets smaller and smaller.

Look for the TARMAC signs, which will be a garage somewhere in the high 30s (36 to 38-ish).

There'll be TARMAC signs on the doors, and some flyers so people can get the details about the forum. Let's welcome some new and regular track day punters into the forum and help grow our beloved sport. Soon enough, they might even be racing, and that's just great for everybody in the Track And Race Motorcycling Australia Community (TARMAC).

Phat3R
03-05-2013, 09:42 PM
+1 Marshy ... I'll stop by and say hello.

Kaneg
07-05-2013, 02:39 PM
I'll be there with you on Thursday if you promise a dry day :rockon:

Marshy
08-05-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll be there with you on Thursday if you promise a dry day :rockon:

Done, Pete - a dry day has been arranged! See you in the TARMAC garage!! :llama:

Marshy
09-05-2013, 06:13 PM
What a great day today! There was a good buzz in the TARMAC garage (35, 36, 37 triple), and there are still signs and flyers there for the next two days. I'll be back on Saturday. Team Zero and a bunch of their mates will be there flying the TARMAC flag, so look out for a blue R6 and say 'hi' to Cos and Jo.

Phat3R
09-05-2013, 08:31 PM
What a great day today! There was a good buzz in the TARMAC garage (35, 36, 37 triple), and there are still signs and flyers there for the next two days. I'll be back on Saturday. Team Zero and a bunch of their mates will be there flying the TARMAC flag, so look out for a blue R6 and say 'hi' to Cos and Jo.

Thx for the slicks Marshy ... will put them on the Gixxer when I get it back together. Who knew handlebars for 45mm forks were so damn hard to come by!