PDA

View Full Version : Broken Brembo Master Cylinder Question

WRCPUG
23-12-2014, 10:17 AM
I had a lil low side spill at the island last friday and seemed to have damaged my Brembo M/C 19x18.
The lever pumps fine and the brakes work but the lever will not spring back and pretty much stays applied.

I was chatting to someone at the track with the same M/C and he told me they have a built in breaking washer (or something like that) and that i need a repair kit to fix them.

Just wondering where i would buy these from and has anyone had any experience fixing these units?

Thanks

Alex

stevem
23-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Gowanloch Ducati here in Sydney would have them. 02 97504246

Kris
23-12-2014, 12:05 PM
I had a lil low side spill at the island last friday and seemed to have damaged my Brembo M/C 19x18.
The lever pumps fine and the brakes work but the lever will not spring back and pretty much stays applied.

I was chatting to someone at the track with the same M/C and he told me they have a built in breaking washer (or something like that) and that i need a repair kit to fix them.

Just wondering where i would buy these from and has anyone had any experience fixing these units?

Thanks

Alex

Alex, yoyodyne sell them as mentioned and kurvygirl or locally as steve as mentioned. It was me you were talking so ;)

Very easy to fix.

Remove lever, Remove rubber seal, remove circlip, pull out breaking washer thingie, remove the pin. Install new pin, install new washer & circlip, install new rubber seal, reinstall lever

Kit comes with instructions.

WRCPUG
23-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Hey Kris yep it was you i was talking to :)
I didn't realise you were on these forums too haha

Thanks for the advice ill try to get one in the new year from one of these guys you mentioned

Was good to see the Ape out in action last Friday its a beautiful bike you have created there.

Kris
23-12-2014, 03:32 PM
:) here there everywhere...

Thanks for the kind words ;) hope the bike wasnt too badly damaged! Drop me a line if you need help with installing the kit.