PDA

View Full Version : Fairing Painting

windy
17-12-2014, 05:32 AM
G day guys,
Just wondering if anyone does fairing painting or know where I can get some done for my R6.

chubb
17-12-2014, 06:04 AM
PGM will know someone in Sydney.

WETTY
17-12-2014, 06:58 AM
i dont wanna get hammered by the painter so i will go straight for the jugular . what brand and have they or do they need repairs?

windy
17-12-2014, 07:27 AM
Wetty,
They are brand new fairings. And they are Chinese fairings. I think the brand is 'turn 1' or something like that. I got them from champions ride days.

WETTY
17-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Wetty,
They are brand new fairings. And they are Chinese fairings. I think the brand is 'turn 1' or something like that. I got them from champions ride days.

gotcha , you got the $350 specials they got out of . Your on your own then , grab a can of paint from supercheap . Unless anyone else knows a painter they wont get earache from after you recommend them ?

Baddie
17-12-2014, 07:34 AM
Metalhead maybe?...:rapture:

windy
17-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Yeah no drama mate. As always thanks for your help and input.

WETTY
17-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Metalhead maybe?...:rapture:

he dosnt paint anymore since he moved , bugger

Mstevo
17-12-2014, 09:37 AM

I spoke to Cam yesterday, and his new house isn't suitable :-(

I've been looking at these as a DIY option from Melbourne
Touch Up Any Color 2 Pack Spray Paint Can Aerosol 2k

Mstevo
17-12-2014, 09:38 AM

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Touch-Up-Any-Color-2-Pack-Spray-Paint-Can-Aerosol-2k-/321185388705?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac82418a1

Saturnalian
17-12-2014, 09:47 AM
I used to use this guy. He's at St Marys. Particularly handy if you want plastic repairs, plastic welding done but he does fibreglass as well.

http://www.zionmoto.com.au

I do it myself now

Saturnalian
17-12-2014, 09:52 AM

Hey Stevo,

The Spray Max2k Clear is an awesome can, good nozzle, good finish.
When i first painted the other R6 in the black i got the paint matched and mixed by these guys and put into cans.
Then used the 2k clear over the top. .

http://www.vgautopaints.com.au

They're at Girraween, not far from Wetty's
Dave, the owner has a Youtube channel with a bunch of good painting tips and doe's track days as well on occasion

Turtle
17-12-2014, 10:51 AM
My missus is a qualified spray painter, her whole family are painters. She doesn't work in the industry anymore, but she's still got the skills and helps people out on the side. I'm sure she'd be happy to give you any advice, or do a basic job for you.
Latest job she did below. Fairings were crashed and then sanded back poorly causing ripples and flat spots. She rebuilt up the nose and lines and sanded properly, then sprayed em. Was just plain white request.

CLIFFY
17-12-2014, 12:03 PM
So is the new 10.
Less disappointment when you bin in on the second day........

chubb
17-12-2014, 01:08 PM
So is the new 10.
Less disappointment when you bin in on the second day........

No truer words spoken.

Negrogrande
17-12-2014, 02:43 PM
No truer words spoken.

Fluoro cans are only $5 a piece at Supercheap

passes 20/20 rule (20 Meters @ 20 KM/H)

WETTY
17-12-2014, 03:15 PM

Slight flaw in your belief
Bike is in the garage for 45 mins of the hour (if all goes well) on display to all of the world to see how bad it really is prepared

Negrogrande
17-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Slight flaw in your belief
Bike is in the garage for 45 mins of the hour (if all goes well) on display to all of the world to see how bad it really is prepared

I'd rather ride it than look at it

windy
17-12-2014, 03:48 PM
I'd rather ride it than look at it
Agreed. At the end of the day its a track bike and prob going to end up sliding down the road.

If it wasnt the case we would all have our prize possessions out there! Along with our wallets burning.

Mstevo
17-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Hey Stevo,

The Spray Max2k Clear is an awesome can, good nozzle, good finish.
When i first painted the other R6 in the black i got the paint matched and mixed by these guys and put into cans.
Then used the 2k clear over the top. .

http://www.vgautopaints.com.au

They're at Girraween, not far from Wetty's
Dave, the owner has a Youtube channel with a bunch of good painting tips and doe's track days as well on occasion

Thanks Jamie All sorted

WETTY
18-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Agreed. At the end of the day its a track bike and prob going to end up sliding down the road.

If it wasnt the case we would all have our prize possessions out there! Along with our wallets burning.

Jamie !! All mine are prized and my wallet is on fire .
If you take no pride your prob 1 of those that dosnt care if you crash it and this in a lot of peoples eyes is why the last rnd was so fatal on bikes , coz the amount of crap lookin bikes entering the track nowdays is way over the top

windy
18-12-2014, 07:30 AM
Jamie !! All mine are prized and my wallet is on fire .
If you take no pride your prob 1 of those that dosnt care if you crash it and this in a lot of peoples eyes is why the last rnd was so fatal on bikes , coz the amount of crap lookin bikes entering the track nowdays is way over the top
I dont think it was ever mentioned not taking pride in what we ride and I am sure no one has the mentality of caring if you crash.

Guess its just a matter of opinion for some people.

WETTY
18-12-2014, 07:40 AM
I dont think it was ever mentioned not taking pride in what we ride and I am sure no one has the mentality of caring if you crash.

Guess its just a matter of opinion for some people.

Nobody here on TT said it , it was elsewhere by more than a few

Marshy
18-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Interesting thought! Basic level of acceptable appearance/prep before hitting the track?

WETTY
18-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Interesting thought! Basic level of acceptable appearance/prep before hitting the track?

how about something your proud of and that you would put your name on

Turtle
18-12-2014, 10:57 AM

I liken it to going to the pub on a Friday night. You've got all sorts.
The bloke in a wife beater, shorts, and thongs.
Guy in jeans and a shirt.
Guy in a nice suit.

Personally Im a jeans and shirt kinda person. Looks fine, but still functional, doesnt matter if I get a bit of gravy on my jeans, Itll scrub out.
Not sure if Ive got the bother to fully suit up as Ill probably get drunk and fall over.

WETTY
18-12-2014, 11:04 AM
I liken it to going to the pub on a Friday night. You've got all sorts.
The bloke in a wife beater, shorts, and thongs.
Guy in jeans and a shirt.
Guy in a nice suit.

Personally Im a jeans and shirt kinda person. Looks fine, but still functional, doesnt matter if I get a bit of gravy on my jeans, Itll scrub out.
Not sure if Ive got the bother to fully suit up as Ill probably get drunk and fall over.

Then your the one that goes home with the fat chick

Phat3R
18-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Then your the one that goes home with the fat chick

Mmmm fat chicks taste like ...

CBR42
18-12-2014, 04:16 PM
/prep before hitting the track?

I see what you did there. :rofl:

CBR42
18-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Wish some of the racers in the national series would take note and shout themselves a couple of cans and make their bikes look half decent instead of blue leathers ,white/black/purple/biege combo fairings.I know racings expensive,blah blah blah but if your bikes green or blue or whatever,spend fifty bucks and buy a few rattle cans to match and patch up the bodgie looking technicolour yawn look.Photographers groan and dont like shooting as many fancy pics of fuglies,while the pretties get more shots taken even if they are running last!
Think they started handing out prizes or cash to the prettiest at each event this year?

Carl-52
18-12-2014, 06:24 PM
I like my bike, its my style and i don't really want to crash it. IF i do though bodywork was pre-crashed/owned before i fixed it and the paint is cheap. People think its ugly but it gets a lot of photos :D IF you're not fast, look fast... right Negrogrande?

WETTY
18-12-2014, 07:57 PM
I like my bike, its my style and i don't really want to crash it. IF i do though bodywork was pre-crashed/owned before i fixed it and the paint is cheap. People think its ugly but it gets a lot of photos :D IF you're not fast, look fast... right Negrogrande?

never seen it

dan
19-12-2014, 10:00 AM
As long as it's safe is it really anybody's business what it looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nelso
19-12-2014, 03:57 PM
never seen it

That one made me lol.:lol:

WETTY
19-12-2014, 04:05 PM
That one made me lol.:lol:

finally

windy
30-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Ok i need to apologize here gents. I finally got around to opening the fairings i brought and they are rubbish.
Not even going to bother with them. Will invest in some better quality ones.

WETTY
30-12-2014, 07:49 PM
I was only called this evening by ol mate who is ebaying all those chinky fairings
They are garbage
I told him to bin em
Oh yeh and it's champion ride days that are gettin out of em
I'm on my 11tyeth turkey and have service so watch out all you sandbaggers and fibbers

senator8
30-12-2014, 08:02 PM
11th! What did you start as soon as you got off the boat? Fish tonight?

senator8
30-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Ok i need to apologize here gents. I finally got around to opening the fairings i brought and they are rubbish.

That's a shame mate. It's hard unless you know someone who has a brand in exactly the same model as yours. Cheap or expensive, once you've got them it's a gamble if they're a quality fit or not. I got some well known Aus ones sent from Vic that cost a fortune and they were simply wrong. Luckily I had already bought a set off Wetty and while he was fitting them he fixed the others as my spares. That's the biggest advantage of buying local - service and repairs.

chubb
30-12-2014, 08:22 PM
So I should start thinking of selling the pro fibre ones? Maybe for 995 so I can get a new set. The Chinese ones on the bike currently are utter crap and heavy.

Saturnalian
30-12-2014, 09:46 PM
11th! What did you start as soon as you got off the boat? Fish tonight?

He said 11tyeth Rick. You know thats a whole other number for him....

stevem
31-12-2014, 06:01 AM
[

I'm on my 11tyeth turkey and have service so watch out all you sandbaggers and fibbers[/QUOTE]

I didn't say anything

Mstevo
31-12-2014, 06:43 AM

I bought some 2nd hand but brand new for $100, I'm in the middle of painting them
They'll do for track days, they will also give me time to repaint my racers edge ones, it's amazing how damaged they get from racing with all the nuts, bolts and stones peppering you lol