21-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Have a good weekend to everyone at the Creek . PB"s all round

WETTY
21-11-2014, 08:26 AM
48 deg i doubt it
stay safe lads

Marshy
21-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Faaaaark! Hot one today. And Sunday is gonna be worse.....

Saturday 22 NovemberSummaryhttp://www.bom.gov.au/images/symbols/large/partly-cloudy.pngMin 19Max 31Partly cloudy.Chance of any rain: 5%http://www.bom.gov.au/images/ui/weather/rain_5.gifRainfall amount: 0 mmSydney areaMorning cloud clearing to a mostly sunny afternoon. Winds southerly 20 to 30 km/h shifting east to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the afternoon.

Fire Danger - High
UV Alert from 8:40 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 11 [Extreme]

Sunday 23 NovemberSummaryhttp://www.bom.gov.au/images/symbols/large/showers.pngMin 19Max 43Hot. Late shower or two.Sydney areaHot and mostly sunny. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds northwest to northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h tending southeast to southwesterly in the afternoon or evening.

Lets Torque
22-11-2014, 04:55 AM
Not to mention all my gardens going brown due to lack of rain :(

Good luck racing this week everyone :)

WETTY
22-11-2014, 07:17 AM
Not to mention all my gardens going brown due to lack of rain :(

Good luck racing this week everyone :)
my Hedge is growin outa control

zoidberg
22-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Wow, good luck this weekend to all racing! Will be out there cheering on Sunday, should chuck your undersuit in the esky before putting it on, stay col for the out lap at least!

Turbo
23-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Live TV feed starts now!!

http://www.formula-xtreme.com.au/NewsDetails.aspx?newsid=3555

Leezx10r
23-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Live TV feed starts now!!

http://www.formula-xtreme.com.au/NewsDetails.aspx?newsid=3555

Sweet, thanks for that sicko

Leezx10r
23-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Also good luck to all racing

stevem
23-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Owen how are you make , on the mend ?

WETTY
23-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Marshy where were u today?

Turbo
23-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Owen how are you make , on the mend ?
Really good thanks mate! Took a few steps today without crutches.
Can't quite belive it's only been 2 weeks.
Got the rear camera back too, footage is ACE! Once I get the front facing one too, i'll upload them and post.

senator8
23-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Really good thanks mate! Took a few steps today without crutches.
Can't quite belive it's only been 2 weeks.
Got the rear camera back too, footage is ACE! Once I get the front facing one too, i'll upload them and post.

Not sure I want to see it :shocked:
Far out it was hot out there today. Me and the kids got hammered by the heat. Hats off to those that raced!

P.S ASC put on a really good meeting and the live feed and the big screen was about as good as it gets for spectating at a race meeting at EC track. Well done.

Little Mick
23-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Shoulda dropped in to scrutineering Rick and said G'Day.

was a great weekend out there. Well run and entertaining with the battle between Aaron Morris and Aiden Wagner, and Mike Jones showing us how its done!.

Great to see some new PBs for some of the boys... Barbie got into the 38s on Saturday!!! brilliant effort.

Congrats to all that raced and supported the event. Hopefully the few that did have a little tumble are ok and can get to planning the next one.

Marshy
23-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Marshy where were u today?

Damn family issues again last night and today :(

Popped out in the morning to pack up my stuff and collect the trailer.

Although I've gotta be honest and say that running around the Creek on a waaaaay-too-soft front control tyre in 43 degree heat didn't appeal very much.

Little Mick
24-11-2014, 05:49 AM

Although I've gotta be honest and say that running around the Creek on a waaaaay-too-soft front control tyre in 43 degree heat didn't appeal very much.

Bugger mate - hope all is ok.

Bike looked sweet as it came through the shed...

pensioner rates
24-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Man what a cooker out there it was over the 3 days! Congratulations to all the riders it was a top weekend racing. Again Aaron Morris nice day at the office !
Guys im going to try and write a little story on flagging for you to consider maybe helping and taking a part.
We were in need of more flaggies and to be honest a break would have been hugely appreciated. Those of you riding would have noticed points missing flags Personally I covered 2point positions for the three days and I did have blind spots and I confess to missing one rider going down in my section. I think it was my friend Dustin Goldsmith. Goldy had a shocker of a weekend! Guess we all have Those from time to time but He will come back stronger next year.
Getting Back to the point. Hey you guys need more Marshals looking after you and your mates racing out there. just one half day once a year would help and its fun you enjoy it . So PLEASE consider and have a read of my post when its up .
Cheers Chris

Little Mick
24-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Onya Chris. Cheers for volunteering mate. Racing doesn't happen without Marshals & flaggies!

WETTY
24-11-2014, 07:33 AM

why run a control tyre ? you were in OZ ? there was a shop sellin tyres there for 3 days .

WETTY
24-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Man what a cooker out there it was over the 3 days! Congratulations to all the riders it was a top weekend racing. Again Aaron Morris nice day at the office !
Guys im going to try and write a little story on flagging for you to consider maybe helping and taking a part.
We were in need of more flaggies and to be honest a break would have been hugely appreciated. Those of you riding would have noticed points missing flags Personally I covered 2point positions for the three days and I did have blind spots and I confess to missing one rider going down in my section. I think it was my friend Dustin Goldsmith. Goldy had a shocker of a weekend! Guess we all have Those from time to time but He will come back stronger next year.
Getting Back to the point. Hey you guys need more Marshals looking after you and your mates racing out there. just one half day once a year would help and its fun you enjoy it . So PLEASE consider and have a read of my post when its up .
Cheers Chris

GoKart racing at club level pay there flaggies and feed them , if they can do it so can TON and all the other clubs

BoB
28-11-2014, 03:56 AM
Nice bit of interviewing , and my honda stars as one of the shit bikes at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwy2rkHohVI

Leezx10r
28-11-2014, 08:13 AM
Lmao, that's gold!

Mr.Ed
28-11-2014, 10:36 AM
GoKart racing at club level pay there flaggies and feed them , if they can do it so can TON and all the other clubs

I don't even need their feed but look at the deal Bernie has on his school and see if he is ever missing a flaggie... cost them nothing and everyone wins.

Turbo
28-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Nice bit of interviewing , and my honda stars as one of the shit bikes at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwy2rkHohVI

This is hilarious!

Little Mick
28-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Love it.

Marshy
28-11-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't even need their feed but look at the deal Bernie has on his school and see if he is ever missing a flaggie... cost them nothing and everyone wins.

Agree, and with the other comments. It's not rocket surgery. I was unpleasantly surprised at the amateur-hour way the FX meet was run. Scrutineering was a joke. You signed your own form to say you passed scrutineering. After a 50 minute wait for the helmet and gear scrut to even begin, after getting my bike through (there were 10 guys examining bikes, but nobody willing to examine gear), it was finally under way by a grandma in her 70s who had never done it before. The first rider in the queue told her what to write on the form, and that was it. Nobody helping her. No actual check of the gear or helmet was made. It was simply 'do you have these items'? Check.

And the unmanned flag points likewise was unnerving and a safety issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Mick
28-11-2014, 08:57 PM
interesting perspective.... I wasn't there on Friday due to commitments, but there were 5 people in Scrutineering without me. 1 of which was limited in activities due to recovering from knee surgery so overseeing activities.

Not sure about you signing your own card Marshy (can't comment as I wasn't there) but the sticker on the bike and the signature in the scrutineering register that was kept in scrutineering is what we were going off over the weekend.

We had to pull up a few bikes without stickers (that blew off due to the lack of adhesive characteristics of polished frames) and confirm they were actually registered in the book and had been scrutineered..

As for the Grandma, I don't know if she has done it before, but over the weekend she was managing tyre sticker allocation, which were an issue in themselves as they were coming off with the heat... ( same issue with checking wheels)

between going down to sheds to help bikes get scrutineered faster after a crash and follow up on incidents etc, I managed over 25kms over the weekend... Now if only that was every day Id lose a few reluctant Kgs...

Marshy
29-11-2014, 05:43 AM
It wasn't to criticise Grandma, as she was doing a tough job on her own, with no experience!!
I was 2nd in the gear queue, which meant I was standing at the scrutineering garage doors for almost an hour as no gear scrutineering happened. Then the whole conversation about her doing gear and being told how to by the rider, and not having a clue was played out right in front of me.

I didn't mean signing the sticker; I meant signing the extensive checkbox form saying that everything on your bike was done, and the second form saying that all your gear was suitable and passed scrutineering.

The point was that nothing was actually checked for safety, helmet and gear in particular, but rather just that you were in possession of said items.

I'm also not criticising any of the other volunteers, who I'm always in awe of anyway, but rather to point out that I've never seen a more disorganised shitfight at a supposedly 'national' event in all my years. The biggest thing bikes were being examined for (apart from water in the radiator) was correct FX sticker placement!!!

If you lost any more weight, little mick, you'd disappear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Mick
29-11-2014, 05:48 AM
Feedback understood and I'll mention it to some of the coordinators.

Marshy
29-11-2014, 07:58 AM
I'll mention it to some of the coordinators.

http://www.jolyon.co.uk/illustrations/TakingThePiss/images/Image%20(8).jpg

Kris
30-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Scrutineering process has always been a complete ball ache at FX meets, last weekend was no exception. My mate got sent back to get the belly pan so he could see the stickers - they had to be APPLIED infront of him.