PDA

View Full Version : St George vids - SMP Nov 2014

Marshy
11-11-2014, 09:05 AM
BEARS Sunday race 1:

http://youtu.be/twkYNfcGf38

senator8
11-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Great Vid Nick. Awesome corner speed, I can see why you've gelled with it so quickly coming from the R6. It's like a monster R6! ;) Thought Chris's Ducati didn't pull too much on you down the straight.

Marshy
11-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks Rick. I resprung the forks and popped in a used TTX rear for the weekend, and it turned an competent bike into an amazeballs weapon! I just couldn't believe the lean angle! It could use 10-15hp to keep with the Beemers/Pani/ZX10 (or I could lose 15kg), but it's only got a slip-on and the 'race' ecu map. It would be better with a PC5 and a full system. Although the drive off the turns is amazing, and I don't want to lose that to gain top end.

BEARS R2 (part a):

http://youtu.be/DddFQ7rfZHw

BEARS R2 (part b) restart:

http://youtu.be/MqRz7rH64dA

Marshy
11-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Unlimited Race 1 (part a):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8fiSmLccVQ&list=UUrppQQgLX7eqIeuGY-4GGkA

Part b:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVb2vz-emtE&list=UUrppQQgLX7eqIeuGY-4GGkA

Carl-52
11-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Nice riding Nick! is it just me or does the bike sound and look lumpy between 9k and 11k? dont know if its traction related. need a tad more mumbo to keep up with the inline 4's :D
also why is it always you and wetty who have the close calls? ;)

shippy__
11-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Who has the start line crash it think the cooling off period has passed

chubb
11-11-2014, 04:57 PM
no vids from me.... my gopro keeps coming back with a bike and a cross on it.. it gets turned off for some mysterious reason..

chubb
11-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Big move on the 99 bike at T2!!!

stevem
11-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Hey Marshy ,do you have that T1 footage from Saturday ? I'll have to sort my gopro out and get some footage of you.

senator8
11-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Hey Marshy ,do you have that T1 footage from Saturday ? I'll have to sort my gopro out and get some footage of you.

Well done! By the way mate. Found your mojo - you were flying :)

Marshy
11-11-2014, 06:24 PM

Yeah mate, I've finished Sunday's vids, so Saturday is next.

senator8
11-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks for capturing my glory run.
Was the highlight of my weekend until t2 lap 2

Marshy
11-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Nice riding Nick! is it just me or does the bike sound and look lumpy between 9k and 11k? dont know if its traction related. need a tad more mumbo to keep up with the inline 4's :D
also why is it always you and wetty who have the close calls? ;)

Most likely TC mate, although it could use a dyno. And yeah, a few more ponies would be nice, but I'd hate to lose the corner-exit drive in the process. Although Liam Wilkinson's Ape was just rip-snorting away from me with a very mean rasp, so it's clearly possible to extract a bit more oomph...

Wetty feels he can safely run into me because he knows I'm not gonna skittle him in the process.

Marshy
11-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Thanks Rick. I resprung the forks and popped in a used TTX rear for the weekend, and it turned an competent bike into an amazeballs weapon!

I've never been so close to the edge of a UK Ntec, ever, on any bike. Check this out:

http://tarmactalk.com/images/tyre-edge.jpg

stevem
11-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Well done! By the way mate. Found your mojo - you were flying :) Thanks Rick , The old race craft needs some work but was happy with the week end. You should be too mate, your looking good on the bike for the lay off you've had. Good to see man

Turbo
11-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Who has the start line crash it think the cooling off period has passed

The best vid from the start line is likely to be mine. Front camera is still on the bike at Chris P's.
The rear one was confiscated by StG.... Need to get that back at some stage!

Turbo
11-11-2014, 06:46 PM
I've never been so close to the edge of a UK Ntec, ever, on any bike. Check this out:

Never seen you so happy after a suspension tweak!!
Best not change anything now. Judging by the vids, you're on fire!!

chubb
11-11-2014, 07:04 PM

thats some serious lean angle!

Leezx10r
11-11-2014, 07:09 PM
You were flying mate! Great vids btw

Marshy
11-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Never seen you so happy after a suspension tweak!!
Best not change anything now. Judging by the vids, you're on fire!!

It's gold I tells ya; pure gold!

Phat3R
12-11-2014, 04:57 AM
Love the wave from Wetty just before the flag ...

Binksy
12-11-2014, 08:59 AM
One for Carl. Yes I can't start and yes I fucked up 2. But full race in the 46's including a new PB and not too bad passing so still probably my best race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmEYjuacdJQ&feature=autoshare

Marshy
12-11-2014, 10:38 AM
One for Carl. Yes I can't start and yes I fucked up 2. But full race in the 46's including a new PB and not too bad passing so still probably my best race.

Looking great mate! Good lines. Bike looks fast too.

Binksy
12-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Looking great mate! Good lines. Bike looks fast too.

Thanks mate, really need to work on my line through 12 though, seem to end up far too wide and struggling to get the bike right into the kerb. I was getting hammered down the straight all weekend as punishment for it I think.

Metal-Man
12-11-2014, 06:33 PM
here is the start of 600 CS race 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UooykgNgstc

Turbo
12-11-2014, 06:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UooykgNgstc

I thought we were waiting for the lights to come on again??!!

Metal-Man
12-11-2014, 06:55 PM
I thought we were waiting for the lights to come on again??!!

it seemed u stalled it on the grid mate .. a few of us swerved to avoid u and thats all I seen

Little Mick
12-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Owen...not sure if your serious in your comment, but lights go out and its go go go...

A thing that "race your mates" helps with is race start practice.. It is one of the biggest risks on the track.

definitely worth getting into to get some practice and fun racing... St George meets could benefit from a couple of practice starts for first time rookies/ D graders at the beginning of the day..

Leezx10r
12-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Owen...not sure if your serious in your comment, but lights go out and its go go go...

A thing that "race your mates" helps with is race start practice.. It is one of the biggest risks on the track.

definitely worth getting into to get some practice and fun racing... St George meets could benefit from a couple of practice starts for first time rookies/ D graders at the beginning of the day..

I agree! first race and found starts very tricky and some practise starts would be excellent. Even motogp get practise starts :)

chubb
12-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Agreed Mick..

Race your mates is a good way to practice the starts

Little Mick
12-11-2014, 08:53 PM
In particular, I like the double spacing grid set up for the practicing...gives a bit more room if any oopsies arise...

Phat3R
12-11-2014, 09:13 PM

Cam, you get any video of the braking incidents you had with Spilly?

Phat3R
12-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Was there something wrong with the lights? I thought I heard comments about them flickering from several riders?

Could we ask for one ARDC practice day session just to do practice starts. Some rules to keep it safe ... no one to go over 100kph or more than a specific gear for the entire session, find a quiet piece of track on the LHS and practice? Last session in the day? Field's normally thinned a little too?

senator8
12-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Yes there was something wrong with the lights.
I asked at a ardc day about practice start on 1st lap for anyone who wanted and then others just head out as normal straight after. The answer was no.

Turbo
12-11-2014, 09:58 PM

I was joking but all jokes aside, I could really have used some start practice!
The first race I popped a wheelie and lost 8 places, the second race I hadn't enough revs and we all saw what hapened. I'll certainly be looking in to race your mates and drag meets to try and get these done better!
Totally agree there should be some form of compulsory rookie practice or something!

Phat3R
12-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Yes there was something wrong with the lights.
I asked at a ardc day about practice start on 1st lap for anyone who wanted and then others just head out as normal straight after. The answer was no.

Thanks for the feedback re having asked. Maybe worth trying again given weekend just past? Could stand a better chance if a formal written request that was put together say with combined signatories from RATS & TT? Would that cover 80% of those attending?

What was wrong with the lights Rick? I heard something like they flickered briefly and people couldn't work out if they had turned off and if it was go or not?

My 2c ... I've always thought the lights out start was counter intuitive ... I think I got caught out briefly when I wasn't concentrating ... except I was up the very back of the grid ;)

Phat3R
12-11-2014, 10:05 PM
I was joking but all jokes aside, I could really have used some start practice!
The first race I popped a wheelie and lost 8 places, the second race I hadn't enough revs and we all saw what hapened. I'll certainly be looking in to race your mates and drag meets to try and get these done better!
Totally agree there should be some form of compulsory rookie practice or something!

How's the titanium metal work going Owen ... they glued you back together finally? Was it just leg, nothing else?

Turbo
12-11-2014, 10:55 PM
How's the titanium metal work going Owen ... they glued you back together finally? Was it just leg, nothing else?
Going well thanks Rick! I arrived home a short while ago.
Happily the femur was the only broken bone although I took a fair knock to my head as well as my pelvis and shoulder that also had to go through for some scans.
On the road to recovery now.. Gradually adding more weight and moving around.
will be time for a bike re-build soon!

shippy__
13-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Vids people Vids......

Glad your home owen, I was on the grid with all the paramedics.... it wasn't pretty

Turbo
13-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Vids people Vids......

Glad you're home owen, I was on the grid with all the paramedics.... it wasn't pretty

Thanks mate... happily most of that is a blur for me. Shame all I saw of the chopper was the roof tho!

Mr.Ed
14-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Finally managed to watch the videos here!

Nick, GREAT riding but you need more powah!!! It's amazing you even managed to keep up with some of the other bikes when you look at how they pull away on the straight... I have to say though, the brakes on that Ape of yours seem to be doing their job!!!

Baddie
14-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Finally managed to watch the videos here!

Nick, GREAT riding but you need more powah!!! It's amazing you even managed to keep up with some of the other bikes when you look at how they pull away on the straight... I have to say though, the brakes on that Ape of yours seem to be doing their job!!!

Next ARDC day Lee might let nick ride his weapon...."Size of a R6.. torque like a rocketship".. :)

Leezx10r
14-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Next ARDC day Lee might let nick ride his weapon...."Size of a R6.. torque like a rocketship".. :)

Baddie what you doing to me! It's just the same as saying "can I borrow your daughter for the weekend" lol amounts to the same thing!

Baddie
14-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Baddie what you doing to me! It's just the same as saying "can I borrow your daughter for the weekend" lol amounts to the same thing!

Mate....Why do you think I ride a bike...get away from the bitches, more than help for you to take them away....:pound:

BoB
14-11-2014, 08:14 PM

or maybe he could borrow your zx10 :smile:

Saturnalian
14-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Mate....Why do you think I ride a bike...get away from the bitches, more than help for you to take them away....:pound:

I can honestly say Baddie that in 4 years I have never once seen you riding a bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metal-Man
15-11-2014, 08:03 AM
I can honestly say Baddie that in 4 years I have never once seen you riding a bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea same here, but he always has lots of input for a bloke that dun ride ;-)

chubb
15-11-2014, 08:41 AM
sorry whose ZX10R can I borrow?

Mr.Ed
15-11-2014, 09:17 AM

I'd better never have a daughter then 'cause my bike is quite the slut...

Marshy
15-11-2014, 09:36 AM
sorry whose ZX10R can I borrow?

Take a number and get in line, chubb. Behind me.

Turbo
15-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Sounds like there's money to be made in hiring ZX10's out...
What sort of deposit would one's daughter require?

Leezx10r
15-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Owen, you pimping my bike? :)
Am sure we could work something out!

Carl-52
15-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Blinksy thanks for the video!! cooked my passing opportunity with Jake (turn 2 just before you caught me up ) cost me so much. Looks like im turning in early pretty much everywhere, more track time needed.

Turbo
15-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Owen, you pimping my bike? :)
Am sure we could work something out!

I promise I'll only try to make money from it when you're not looking... How about that?
;)
Nah, I'd be hard pushed to let anyone one my bike even if they were 'good for it'!

stevem
17-11-2014, 04:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y5XoANVpCwA

A bit more footage from Saturday Bears Eastern creek.

Marshy
17-11-2014, 07:13 AM
Oh I see the problem right there..... TOO MUCH BLOODY HORSEPOWER!!!! ;)

I love hearing the scream of the RSV4 over the Beemer when I'm in front (2nd half of the vid). It's interesting that although the Ape is down on hp, it really gets it down to the ground nicely on corner exit.

Thanks for the vid!

Negrogrande
19-11-2014, 10:42 AM
[EDIT] re-uploading tried to fix the sound in movie maker just dropped the res

Sorry about the sound Go Pro shit itself for this race for some reason...

then I ran out of memory *facepalm

Turbo
25-11-2014, 02:03 PM
I finally got the footage back from the crash...
Thanks to Johnny-B for the chopper footage and Spilly/Marshy for the bike pics.
Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KLBaOFDTbA

chubb
25-11-2014, 02:08 PM
that looked painful..

tyre still looks good though! :peace:

Leezx10r
25-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Bugger!

Riders briefing on Saturday morning "if you stall, think small!"
I thought oh shit!
Glad you ok, and the other riders are too.
Catch up soon mate

Turbo
25-11-2014, 07:17 PM
tyre still looks good though! :peace:

Yeah that, the valve and I'm almost there! ������

Turbo
25-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Bugger!

Riders briefing on Saturday morning "if you stall, think small!"
I thought oh shit!
Glad you ok, and the other riders are too.
Catch up soon mate

Thanks mate, good advice!
Glad the rear wasn't any smaller tho... Seems to have taken the brunt of the impact!

BoB
25-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Ouch .... nice footage.

Mr.Ed
25-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Yeah that, the valve and I'm almost there! ������

hahaha that's the spirit!

Tbh, I thought the bike would look worse... not saying it looks good though :redface:

Turbo
25-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Tbh, I thought the bike would look worse...

Yeah, same!
I lucked out with bike damage, considering.
Seems like the back wheel copped most of it... Crumple zone

senator8
26-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Yeah, same!
I lucked out with bike damage, considering.
Seems like the back wheel copped most of it... Crumple zone

I'm sure you've already thought about it. I'd definitely be getting the frame and alignment checked. Big hit!

Linden
26-11-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm sure you've already thought about it. I'd definitely be getting the frame and alignment checked. Big hit!

Bet the swingarm bearing and pivot shaft are ROOTED

Turbo
26-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Bet the swingarm bearing and pivot shaft are ROOTED

Yes! Good plan chaps... I'll certainly be getting any of that rectified before too long.

Marshy
23-01-2015, 09:53 AM
FINALLY got around to encoding the only two races I did on the Saturday. Both are requests.... one for Sir Wetness, and the other for Mr Bagger, or as I like to call him, Steve McDoohan.

Firstly, the BEARS race 1, featuring our own stevem nearly highsiding the mighty Beemer on the exit of T1. Nice save, brother. :thumb:

http://youtu.be/J3976txRX1c

chubb
23-01-2015, 10:20 AM
sorry have to asked what happened at the start??

Marshy
23-01-2015, 11:12 AM
sorry have to asked what happened at the start??

Stuck in gear. It wouldn't change up. I had to clutch it, and still nothing. Got it into 2nd and that was it. Wouldn't go up any more.

Marshy
23-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Ok, this one is for Wetty. Unlimited race 1, where he abruptly changes line into T2 and bashes into me..... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRFWmGbE-p4

Turbo
23-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Ok, this one is for Wetty. Unlimited race 1, where he abruptly changes line into T2 and bashes into me..... ;)

Lever protectors earned their keep that day!!

stevem
23-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Firstly, the BEARS race 1, featuring our own stevem nearly highsiding the mighty Beemer on the exit of T1. Nice save, brother. :thumb:

Thanks for that Nick, I remember thinking I can have these clowns next lap and then just got too greedy on the throttle. It was pretty violent 200 k tankslapper , it actually pushed the pads back off the disc's and just when I thought ok I didn't loose to much there I turned up at turn 2 with no front brakes. Straight off the track and rejoined in 10th.
Any sort of a wheelie cost you big time down the straight or I guess anywhere for that matter. Thanks again Nick.

Phat3R
23-01-2015, 09:50 PM

Did something fall off the bike at T4b, 1:35 rear view ... a camera? No looks like a lever???

Marshy
23-01-2015, 11:21 PM
That would be said lever guard. It was flapping loosely around for a bit, before parting ways with the bike.

Phat3R
24-01-2015, 09:18 AM
That would be said lever guard. It was flapping loosely around for a bit, before parting ways with the bike.

Fark, so they come off when hit! Did you get it back at the end of the race? BTW nice shortcut through T4b ... ;-)

Marshy
24-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Fark, so they come off when hit! Did you get it back at the end of the race? BTW nice shortcut through T4b ... ;-)

It just loosened in the bar (it was a very solid hit!) enough that it could flap around, and then quickly came out. I deliberately fix them in very tight, but not rock-solid-never-gonna-move-in-an-impact fixed in position, as I'd rather it loosened in an impact than rip off a bodypart!

It worked perfectly - stopped the brake lever being either applied or ripped off (either of which would've potentially been disastrous), but still gave way-ish in the impact. Wetty's leg probably wouldn't agree with me though..... it was quite bruised and sore, I gather.

I popped a new one on before the next race ;)