PDA

View Full Version : SMP- 3rd & 4th November

Saturnalian
27-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Anyone coming out for a shakedown before St George.
I'm in for both days to try and get the muscles to wake up some...

KANGA
27-10-2014, 09:50 PM
Aiming to do the third. Though I just noticed one of my engine mount bolts has come out and can't seem to be able to get it back in so will see how that progress's :S

stevem
28-10-2014, 03:27 AM
Aiming to do the third. Though I just noticed one of my engine mount bolts has come out and can't seem to be able to get it back in so will see how that progress's :S

Just loosen the other mounts and realign the bolt and you should be good

chubb
28-10-2014, 06:17 AM
No some of us have to work. Well I have to work anyways. See you guys at the creek 8-9th instead

Mstevo
28-10-2014, 06:56 AM

years ago some world superbikes used to deliberately take one mounting bolt out to give the bike more flex so it handled better

Marshy
28-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Just loosen the other mounts and realign the bolt and you should be good

And you might need to jack it up lightly to take the weight off.

KANGA
28-10-2014, 12:58 PM
No luck yet. Tried jacking it up a bit. Have loosened the bolt opposite. Looks like the engine is to far forward by a few mm and I need to some how lever it back. Tried to find points to lever off of but no luck yet.

Mr.Ed
28-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Wait to Lil' Mick sees this, I'm sure he'll be able to give you some insight as he helped me with mine!

Linden
28-10-2014, 01:41 PM
a few mm

1/2 mm is frame flex a few mm is frame damage - just thinking trip to Laurie A seems in the plan

KANGA
28-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Now i reckon the alignments fine. Think it was the light playing games when I was shining the phone light down the hole. Wondering if its actually cross threaded now. Keep going round in circles trying to figure it out. Nfi, Gonna try yell at it some more, seems to help my end at least.

senator8
28-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Anyone coming out for a shakedown before St George.
I'm in for both days to try and get the muscles to wake up some...

I'm coming down on Monday.
Hope you're in red. I'm gonna need a tow ;)

Saturnalian
28-10-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm coming down on Monday.
Hope you're in red. I'm gonna need a tow ;)

Rumours been flying on the mojo wire all day of your return.
If the second part of your post is true the Milky Bars are on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

senator8
28-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Rumours been flying on the mojo wire all day of your return.
If the second part of your post is true the Milky Bars are on me

I just spoke to your lover. I told him I was happy to supply the giggles at my expense.

See you there :)

chubb
28-10-2014, 04:02 PM
I hear the new motor is in place

Saturnalian
28-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Excellent behaviour. Not even my dentist get me that shit anymore

senator8
29-10-2014, 08:58 AM
I hear the new motor is in place
You talking to me?

Mstevo
30-10-2014, 08:31 AM
in for Monday, hope the rain stays away, need as many K's as possible on new motor, before flogging the sh%t out of it the next weekend

senator8
02-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Softcock ECU settings done. See a few of you tmrw.

Little Mick
03-11-2014, 05:21 AM

No luck yet. Tried jacking it up a bit. Have loosened the bolt opposite. Looks like the engine is to far forward by a few mm and I need to some how lever it back. Tried to find points to lever off of but no luck yet.

Wait to Lil' Mick sees this, I'm sure he'll be able to give you some insight as he helped me with mine!

Now i reckon the alignments fine. Think it was the light playing games when I was shining the phone light down the hole. Wondering if its actually cross threaded now. Keep going round in circles trying to figure it out. Nfi, Gonna try yell at it some more, seems to help my end at least.

Sorry guys

just saw this... Did you get it sorted?

If not, you may be right and the thread could be damaged. Run a taper tap in there lightly to see if you can chase it and clean it up. you may well need to do as above and loosen the other bolts to get it in as well.

senator8
03-11-2014, 06:10 PM
We'll that was interesting, and a bit enjoyable.
First couple of sessions I was a fish out of water gasping for air. Even got whiskey throttle a couple of times. Everything felt do foreign and I felt so slow. I reckon 10secs or so down! I'm so, not ready for next weekend.

Bring it! :)

KANGA
03-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Sorry guys

just saw this... Did you get it sorted?

If not, you may be right and the thread could be damaged. Run a taper tap in there lightly to see if you can chase it and clean it up. you may well need to do as above and loosen the other bolts to get it in as well.
Managed to get it sorted in the end and rode today. Was a pain the ass though ... to be fair if I was even slightly mechanically inclined it probably could have been done in 2 minutes instead of 2 days lol.