PDA

View Full Version : "Mega Money"

KANGA
24-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Anyone else notice the new rider rewards program. Looks like I won't be doing anymore CSS levals lol.

After completing your:

1st Event day - Receive $20 MEGA Money

3rd Event day- Receive $40 MEGA Money

5th Event day- Receive $60 MEGA Money

7th Event day- Receive $80 MEGA Money

9th Event day- Receive $100 MEGA Money

11th Event day- Receive $20 MEGA Money

13th Event day- Receive $40 MEGA Money

15th Event day- Receive $60 MEGA Money

17th Event day- Receive $80 MEGA Money

19th Event day- Receive $200 MEGA Money

20th Event day- Receive BELL full faced helmet (Or equivalent. Limited styles available)

Rewards program repeats once 20 event days are completed.

Policies:
Volume of days completed are accumulated year after year. Meaning there is no expiry date. Even if it takes you 5 years to complete 5 days, you will still receive $60 in MEGA Money for completing your 5th day.

Although your completed days are accumulated year after year, your MEGA Money earned from these completed days have a 12 month expiry date from the date it was earned.

You must complete the event day before receiving MEGA Money reward. Your MEGA Money can then be applied to your next purchase. If purchasing multiple items (or days), MEGA Money is not earned until after each of those days is completed (or items are delivered), so it cannot be applied to that purchase.

You cannot apply discount to past purchases of product or events.

You can apply MEGA Money when making your next booking for any California Superbike School, Phillip Island Ride Day, Sydney Motorsport Park Ride Day…or on any product sold (or service offered) by MEGA Performance! That means everything from being trained to be a better rider, riding racetracks, purchasing a large range of motorcycle accessories (including tyres), and mechanical services!

Turbo
24-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Anyone else notice the new rider rewards program. Looks like I won't be doing anymore CSS levals lol.
Still a helmet to be won...
is Phat3r the only one thats ever made it??

Saturnalian
25-09-2014, 01:23 AM
Still a helmet to be won...
is Phat3r the only one thats ever made it??

There's a few of us that have nice Bell Helmets kicking around.
Cliffy has a room just for all of the shit ones they gave him.

Its a perfect example of how MEGA treat us all like fucktards, from briefing, to track Marshal sergeants to end game.
Which is a shame because there are some good people that work there.

Write a 6th grade press release and just expect that we're all to stupid to crunch the numbers on the $$ difference. Or not give a fuck.....

So, for 20 ride days now you get $ 700 worth of savings and a new skid lid. Of course, the days are more expensive now as well so if you spend $ 5 380.00 on 20 weekend trackdays you will get $ 700.00 worth of savings and a helmet.
Thats less than 2 ½ Trackdays.....

In the previous % based system you were offered 3 ½ Track days or more accurately 340 % worth of discounts and a really good helmet if you had the Charisma to ask for it the right way.

Ohhh, cool. Its called Mega Money, I can't wait....

You'll have to excuse me y'all. I've been catching up on 2 years of business tax all week and numbers can go blah blah blah......

CLIFFY
25-09-2014, 05:06 AM
There's a few of us that have nice Bell Helmets kicking around.
Cliffy has a room just for all of the shit ones they gave him.

........and a really good helmet if you had the Charisma to ask for it the right way.

Looks like I did it at the right time.
Running low actually, can I have yours......PLEASE!

Marshy
25-09-2014, 07:30 AM
Its a perfect example of how MEGA treat us all like fucktards, from briefing, to track Marshal sergeants to end game.

Totally agree. Although I always find it a bit odd when a monopoly offers a loyalty program! Normally, loyalty programs are to reward you for regularly choosing the same business over alternatives. But there's no alternative to MEGA for track days in Sydney, so what's the point?!? A $20 discount isn't enough on its own to convince you to do another track day, against the alternative of not doing one at all.

Binksy
25-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Totally agree. Although I always find it a bit odd when a monopoly offers a loyalty program! Normally, loyalty programs are to reward you for regularly choosing the same business over alternatives. But there's no alternative to MEGA for track days in Sydney, so what's the point?!? A $20 discount isn't enough on its own to convince you to do another track day, against the alternative of not doing one at all.

Will admit the 50% discount was large enough to convince me to try superbike school compared to the competition. New system means unless superbike school is REALLY good I'd have to think twice about doing another level of it.

KANGA
25-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Will admit the 50% discount was large enough to convince me to try superbike school compared to the competition. New system means unless superbike school is REALLY good I'd have to think twice about doing another level of it.
I was the same. And no, its not worth it for the rest of the levels imo.
Bloody bell helmets don't even fit my head shape either :(

Saturnalian
25-09-2014, 11:18 AM
I was the same. And no, its not worth it for the rest of the levels imo.
Bloody bell helmets don't even fit my head shape either :(

When i knew my helmet moment (weird) was coming up i rang them to check on what types they were giving away and then went into MCAS and tried a bunch on.
The RS-1 was a terrible head shape for me but when i tried the Star Carbon on it was a completely different fit.

It is now the most comfortable helmet i've ever had, for the track. I still wear an Arai RX-Q on the road.

KANGA
25-09-2014, 01:34 PM
So apparently mega money can now be used to towards tyres in the mega workshop now.
We have all been reset back to 0 track days I believe. We still have to use our mega money with in 12 months (from the date of the completed track day I was told on the phone so no longer the financial year) and if you don't use them in the 12 month period you still won't lose your progression through the reward system. So if you do one track day a year in 20 years you will get a free helmet *sigh*

When i knew my helmet moment (weird) was coming up i rang them to check on what types they were giving away and then went into MCAS and tried a bunch on.
The RS-1 was a terrible head shape for me but when i tried the Star Carbon on it was a completely different fit.

It is now the most comfortable helmet i've ever had, for the track. I still wear an Arai RX-Q on the road.
I tried on the bell star and it straight up didn't like me. I think i have a round head shape and it felt like it was more for an oval shaped head from the pressure points it was giving me ... annoying cause they have some really nice flouro ones :pound:

zoidberg
25-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Typical, just when I get into doing trackdays, they go and change it to make it less beneficial. My fault then, sorry bout that

James_
26-09-2014, 05:59 AM
I think Stoners classic quote of "ambition outweighing talent" applies to mega's business and marketing practices. But I suppose I am still annoyed about 60 notes they absorbed from the Mrs being sold a voucher that exceeded the cost of a CSS day.

Jamie, you've nailed it in your percentages rant.

shippy__
28-09-2014, 06:05 AM
mega money lol

anyone that can afford 19TD's doesn't give a crap about $200 of mega money................

I am glad I haven't done a TD since January

Leezx10r
28-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Haha, won't be playing their game much in 2015.
But we ate bitching about mega cash, but they will still sell all the spots and rack the cash in.
Now let's get together rent the track and setup our own track days. This time next year we will be millionaires haha

shippy__
28-09-2014, 07:35 AM
I have heard rumors of the cost of renting the track..... its not cheap

Anyone got hard figures ?

Leezx10r
28-09-2014, 08:10 AM
I heard 13k but could be wrong

Marshy
28-09-2014, 06:38 PM
$22k per day on a weekend, plus mandatory security and cleaning (about $5k). Not much cheaper on a weekday, about $16k? or $18k? Can't remember exactly. The South circuit is much cheaper - about $10-12k a weekend, and $8-9k on a weekday, from memory.

But, and there are a few big buts, you can't run a 'ride day' (MEGA have an exclusive contract with ARDC), which is why Bernie, DNA et al run 'rider training' days. Also, you can't get a weekend day for essentially any money, unless it's a draw-card high-profile type event, as the track is booked all year, a year in advance. You get allocated a weekend day essentially on the basis of whether they like you or not. Everybody wants to hire the track, and ARDC can and do pick and choose. Demand massively over-exceeds supply (hence the insane pricing).

Leezx10r
28-09-2014, 07:25 PM
$22k per day on a weekend, plus mandatory security and cleaning (about $5k). Not much cheaper on a weekday, about $16k? or $18k? Can't remember exactly. The South circuit is much cheaper - about $10-12k a weekend, and $8-9k on a weekday, from memory.

But, and there are a few big buts, you can't run a 'ride day' (MEGA have an exclusive contract with ARDC), which is why Bernie, DNA et al run 'rider training' days. Also, you can't get a weekend day for essentially any money, unless it's a draw-card high-profile type event, as the track is booked all year, a year in advance. You get allocated a weekend day essentially on the basis of whether they like you or not. Everybody wants to hire the track, and ARDC can and do pick and choose. Demand massively over-exceeds supply (hence the insane pricing).

Got a feeling you may have looked into this Marshy ;)

Marshy
28-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Got a feeling you may have looked into this Marshy ;)

I might've ;)

Had a long (but unproductive) chat with ARDC about 6 months ago. Was hoping to organise a bike-only ARDC PP day, but they were completely not interested. Which flies in the face of the persistent rumours that if we got ~90 bikes we could have a dedicated PP day. So I then asked a lot of Qs about hiring the track privately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James_
28-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Insurance be included with the track hire you think?