PDA

View Full Version : Foot pegs

Button699
21-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone is in the kno of the best way to get hands on replacement
Pegs for rearsets... It seems alot if brands use a peg with a bit of a shaft to go through the lever onto the bracket.. Can see heaps for sale on fleabay and
The likes.. Just wanting to kno if anyone Round The local area( Sydney, south coast) may keep this kind of thing in stock. Any help would be appreciated.. Cheers

Turbo
21-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Hey, it'll depend on what's on the bike. Do you know the make of the rear sets? Also, what bike is it for?
You may be able to source the replacement peg on it's own, if it's a relatively common brand.
Otherwise you might need to switch to a brand of rear sets with pegs that are readily/locally available...
Hmmmm, now who sells rear sets?? :playball:

Marshy
22-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone is in the kno of the best way to get hands on replacement
Pegs for rearsets... It seems alot if brands use a peg with a bit of a shaft to go through the lever onto the bracket.. Can see heaps for sale on fleabay and
The likes.. Just wanting to kno if anyone Round The local area( Sydney, south coast) may keep this kind of thing in stock. Any help would be appreciated.. Cheers

Hey mate, I just emailed you some rearset pics. I've also got a stash of various shaped footpegs only, if you didn't need the whole assembly. Let me know :thumb:

Nelso
23-08-2014, 05:34 PM
I don't know if you know much about them Marshy, but do the Chinese knock-off Vortex rearsets have the same grip as the genuine ones? Also, can you get the knock-off pegs on there own?

Turbo
23-08-2014, 06:52 PM
I don't know if you know much about them Marshy, but do the Chinese knock-off Vortex rearsets have the same grip as the genuine ones? Also, can you get the knock-off pegs on there own?
Ooooft! Ask him how he broke his foot!!

Marshy
23-08-2014, 06:52 PM

TBH I haven't tried the Vortex look-alikes. I know Ken (Binking) used to sell those particular ones, and BoB has a set or two, so maybe he can comment. I don't have those ones. The ones I have lots of are the ones below. They are grippy, but not as grippy as the Vortex. The Vortex pegs polarise people - on the one hand they grip like shit to a blanket, and on the other hand they rip holes in the soles of your $700 racing boots!!!!

I've got a few spare new top-brand pegs I've collected over the years, but the ones I stock lots of (and the ones that come on the SS rearsets) are these. The rounded plug is optional and easily removed (I normally don't run them, for better 'side' grip when cornering):

http://tarmactalk.com/images/footpeg.jpg

Marshy
23-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Ooooft! Ask him how he broke his foot!!

Ahahhahahha!! Touché, although that's a different kettle of fish, that is.

Besides, what are you doing on TT?? Aren't you supposed to be playing hide-the-sausage with the wife on your dirty weekend away? :behindsofa:

Nelso
25-08-2014, 09:02 PM
The Vortex pegs polarise people - on the one hand they grip like shit to a blanket

That's why I need them. It's hard to hang 126kg off the side of a bike and the extra grip makes a huge difference.

Saturnalian
26-08-2014, 05:20 AM
I have a couple of spares of the vortex copy foot pegs Rob. The grip is solid. They were for the MSO rear sets that used to be around. As far as damaging your boots I choose not to look tat my sole lest the desire to spend more money take over. On the new bike I have actual Vortex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Negrogrande
26-08-2014, 07:23 AM
The MSO vortex imitations were awesome I had them on my r6 grippy as all shit

Mr.Ed
26-08-2014, 11:25 AM
+1 for MSO and Vortex!

Had the MSO on the 600RR and then Vortex V1 on the R6 and V2 on the ZX6R! The V2 is hands down the best thing for someone who's gravity challenged such as myself!:rolleyes:

BoB
26-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Had both the Vortex and the MSO rearsets on the cbr 600rr and they are virtually the same , just the MSO ones were heaps cheaper , i would buy another set if they were still around , good value for money.

MSO

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/robmuirhead/2014-08-26-1015.jpg (http://s847.photobucket.com/user/robmuirhead/media/2014-08-26-1015.jpg.html)

Vortex

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/robmuirhead/2014-08-26-1017.jpg (http://s847.photobucket.com/user/robmuirhead/media/2014-08-26-1017.jpg.html)

Nelso
26-08-2014, 08:01 PM
I have a couple of spares of the vortex copy foot pegs Rob. The grip is solid. They were for the MSO rear sets that used to be around. As far as damaging your boots I choose not to look tat my sole lest the desire to spend more money take over. On the new bike I have actual Vortex

Are you interested in parting with them? If so, how much do you want for them? Also, are they exact copies or are there differences in how they mount? I have genuine Vortex on the ZX10, but I need to make something up for the GSXR and Vortex don't make anything for bikes that old.

Saturnalian
26-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Are you interested in parting with them? If so, how much do you want for them? Also, are they exact copies or are there differences in how they mount? I have genuine Vortex on the ZX10, but I need to make something up for the GSXR and Vortex don't make anything for bikes that old.

I'm away until the 2nd Rob. Let me take some pics when i get home and send 'em to you. In the meantime send me a pic of how yours need to mount

Nelso
26-08-2014, 09:15 PM
No hurry and I'm pretty sure I can get them to fit, even if it takes a bit of modifying.

KANGA
29-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Marshy what size thread are those grippy foot pegs you have made for? I'm not satisfied with my current pegs, they look like a pretty ideal substitute if they can work with my rearsets.

Marshy
29-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Marshy what size thread are those grippy foot pegs you have made for? I'm not satisfied with my current pegs, they look like a pretty ideal substitute if they can work with my rearsets.

I will check mate. I'll get back to you tomorrow on that.