PDA

View Full Version : Dunlops GP212

chubb
17-08-2014, 08:07 AM
Looking for some info on these besides what the internets give you.

I'm on Pirellis with a 180/60 rear at the moment and looking at the specs the width is much of a much-ness and the total diameter is smaller by 7mm (for the Dunlops 190/55). I understand again they are a cut variant of the slicks. Fronts are very similar in specs from what I can dig up.

Due to the different carcass and dimensions I would need to set up geometry and clickers on those bouncy bits.

Any idea on where I may start if I give these a try. It's the control tyre for ASC in the 600 class.

Are they a tall enough tyre not to run the spacer on the rear of the R6 shock?

Cheers

Mr.Ed
17-08-2014, 09:56 AM
I never actually ran them other than the front but I did run anything from the old 208s (yep that old) to the 211s and UK Ntecs and I doubt they'll be tall enough to get rid of the spacer... the 195/70 (or was it 65?) probably is but the 55s are really not that different. Even the space under the rear hugger hardly changes... I mean, if total diameter increases by 7mm then you're only really adding 3.5mm but since you run the Ntecs at very low pressures I'm gonna say it would changes even less than that compared to the Pirellis.