PDA

View Full Version : power commander your thoughts

Ashico
26-07-2014, 12:47 PM
just wondering if its worth while having one fitted to my 2012 fire blade do they make a notable difference ps any one going to the practice day on 15 aug

Marshy
26-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Hey Ashico,

If you have an aftermarket exhaust, particularly a full system or even just mid-pipe/cat removed, then a PC/Bazzaz and dyno tune will make a big difference to the rideability of the bike. It won't gain you much peak horsepower, if any, but it makes a big difference to getting rid of the normal 'emissions-and-noise-level-friendly' flat spot all bikes have at about 5k rpm. It will smooth out the midrange, usually give you a small but noticeable extra bit of midrange, and will make the power delivery much smoother and betterer.

If you have the OEM full exhaust, including the standard muffler, then it won't do much for you and isn't really worth the money. There's also no point in getting a PC without getting it dyno tuned. Maps downloaded off the internet, even for supposedly the exact same bike and mods, are totally useless performance-wise and may actually harm your engine with incorrect fuelling.

I'll be there on the 15th ;)
So will a bunch of other TT members, I think.

Ashico
26-07-2014, 01:08 PM
thanks marshy

Leezx10r
26-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Just had my zx10r tuned yesterday with a bazzaz.
As marshy said, made a little bit extra at top, but helped nicely from 5k to 12k rpm torque wise.
Bike has cat removed 3/4 exhaust and k&n filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk