PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone Slicks

Mouse
23-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Has anyone tried these new V02's? I'm looking to buy a new set of slicks soon. They seem to rate well overseas.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/ydube3uv.jpg

Mstevo
23-07-2014, 09:16 AM
They are very good, the corner braking grip was exceptional as the acceleration edge grip
However I tried for 6 months to get them to work on my 05 R1 but I couldn't get the bike to turn in or change direction mid corner.
I'm sure they only suit newer bikes with stiffer frames and higher horsepower
Note... I didn't do any radical geometry changes, I might try again after the racing season is over when I have have access to my race set up guru

Tristan
23-07-2014, 10:08 AM
I rate them it's pretty much all I have been using for the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mouse
23-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Doing any deals on them Tristan? I'm using them on an R6, had the NTecs before with the US/uk front/rear combo and they were awesome.

Marshy
23-07-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm yet to try a front (it's on my list of test items), but the rear V02 is fricken AWESOME!!! On my Aprilia at least (not tried any other bikes) it's grippier than the equivalent Pirelli, and much longer lasting. In Queensland ASBK round 1, I destroyed a UK rear Dunlop in 6 laps, then switched to the V02 rear and it lasted two days of abuse with 60 degree track temp (flipped over for the 2nd day). Then I got a couple of track days out of it. Unbelievable longevity, and just outstanding grip!

The odd bit was that it felt grippier than the dunlop, but didn't immediately yield faster times. Although it absolutely got heaps quicker as I got used to it. I had no issue at all with turn in. Switching from the very tall UK Dunlop directly to the V02 didn't feel any different (and I struggled badly with turn when I ran a 200 rear on my Blade).

I tested all three brands at PI last weekend. I will write a report sometime soon, if I get motivated enough.

I can get Pirelli and Bridgestone cheaply for TT members. PM me if interested.

Mouse
23-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Awesome Marshy! Pretty much sold on getting these now - worth a try anyhow! Thanks for all that info - I don't know how you even got motivated to write that much!! Love the idea of turning the rear as I am doing 2 consecutive track days at PI early Nov. What price am I looking at for I'm guessing a 120f 190/55? Rear?

Mr.Ed
23-07-2014, 01:11 PM
I tried them... coming from a LOOOONG time on Dunlops I didn't fall in love with the fronts straight away as I'm too used to the harder carcass I think. The rear has looots of grip... I even poked it a bit more than I should a few times and it never moved. Only moment I had with the rear was when I stupidly over inflated it (and it wasn't even by much!!) and nearly highsided out of (old) T8. The front never slid or anything but I just didn't trust it as much as I did the Dunlops, especially trail braking. I'm sure the grip is there but I'm not used to them... I was told there's another version which is more triangular in shape and that I should try that but it hasn't happened yet. Might not ever...

IMHO (and given my lack of riding take that with a ton of salt) Dunlop UK front > ALL.

Marshy
23-07-2014, 04:37 PM
To be honest Ed, that's why I haven't tried the Bridgestone fronts yet - they couldn't possibly be better than the UK!!

But that said, the new Pirelli front is fantastic! I was really surprised - it feels remarkably like the UK front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mouse
23-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Good to info guys! Everything I wanted to hear, just didn't want to hear people say that they behave like those Pirelli superbikes(I think) that guys have mentioned on here.

chubb
23-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Good to info guys! Everything I wanted to hear, just didn't want to hear people say that they behave like those Pirelli superbikes(I think) that guys have mentioned on here.

its the superbike pro you want to avoid..