PDA

View Full Version : Generators!!!!!!

JC
03-07-2014, 10:00 PM
HI all. WP is coming up and you know how painful is to deal with the power cuts specially in the morning when all the kettles and toaster are in full blast.
I am looking to get a generator and have been looking on Ebay and came across this one. Does anyone know id its any good or you know where can I get something like that...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360865364726&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Marshy
03-07-2014, 10:57 PM
I got the 2.5kva model of exactly the same genny (from the same ebay store) for the ASBK grid, and it's actually pretty good for the money. The only small issue was that the rear warmer cut out until I wiggled the plug..... I'm not quite sure if one of the plugs is a bit dodge, or the gen didn't have quite enough power to run both all the time. But it was the lightest for the power, and for emergency situations (or a few minutes on the Media Grid at ASBK) it's fine.

JC
04-07-2014, 07:23 AM
When I borrowed your warmers it was doing the same thing so I think you should look into it.

Marshy
04-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Oh, I thought you said they were fine??? I mentioned I thought it was the warmers, but you said they were ok, so I then assumed it was the genny.

I haven't had a problem with them since...... But I better do some more testing!

chrispy09
05-07-2014, 12:40 PM
That same gen which I have as well JC is fine! No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk