PDA

View Full Version : Spot in red group for sunday 29th July (tomorrow)

zoidberg
28-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Hey guys n gals,

I stupidly decided to do god knows what to my back yesterday and can now barely stand, let alone walk or actually ride a motorcycle.

I just tried calling SMSP ride day people to see what the go is, but couldn't get through to anyone.

Anyhow, I have a spot up for sale in red group tomorrow if anyone is interested? I'm not actually sure how to swap it or even if I can? I'll sell it for $200 if anyone is interested and if any of you know how i can transfer the spot to someone else, let me know here!

Thanks

Nath

Marshy
28-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Oh shit!! Interested!!

zoidberg
28-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Sorry Marshy,

Sold sue to the wonders of facebook to Steven Spilly. If you are on here Steven, enjoy!

Now I have more time to wait for the next gen annitori shifter Nick!

Marshy
28-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Yes, Spilly is on here. He was at my place this arvo too, and I gave him shit for stealing 'my' spot ;)

I just missed this thread this morning. I replied to others, but just didn't see this one for some reason. It's all good - I just wanted one last chance to test some electronics before ASBK, but it's fine. I'm pretty relaxed about it.

Phat3R
28-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Nick - I am sure you know, but if you go out there - you will at the very least get a half day for the latter half, sessions 5 & 6 are typically not well attended. Maybe even sooner depending on conditions (it's suppose to be farkin windy as, 55kph+ in the morning!).

And while you wait you can put shit on Steve ;-)

zoidberg
29-06-2014, 09:42 AM
I'm kinda bummed I'm not riding, trying out the new bike, but glad Spilly is getting out there enjoying the day! I was going to mope about the house and find a puppy to kick, but I think I might wander out a bit later and hassle a couple of mates instead.

Or just stay inside in the warmth... Hmm.

Marshy
29-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Spilly kindly left his puppy here today while he went to the track, so I've been kicking it ;)

Phat3R
29-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Just saw on FB Steve binned it on T5 ... doesn't look serious ... just more rashing ... I assume he's OK and picked up the pup?

Phat3R
29-06-2014, 06:20 PM
You might have the pup for a little while longer Marshy. He just mentioned on FB he's getting checked out in emergency ... right ankle. He said he's right for help / packing gear / etc.

Marshy
29-06-2014, 06:54 PM
He just left here, having arrived still in leathers and with ice strapped to his ankle and a very pronounced limp. He gave some story the medics had told him that if he could walk four steps then it wasn't broken. I suspect this is a gross generalisation and not always accurate. However, he is getting it checked out tomorrow instead of tonight.

He picked up his dog but left the bike here to be repaired. It's a little worse for wear. Mostly cosmetic, except it plumes oil smoke when started (apparently - I haven't got that far yet), so there might be something a bit more serious underneath.

Phat3R
29-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Well at least he's walking ... I bet it balloons up by tomorrow.

Steve I still have my moon boot if you want to borrow it. Just got to find the little hand air pump thingy ...

Phat3R
29-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Steve grap yourself a $0.99 bargain ... [I don't know the brand, but at that price it looks like a bargain!]

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Xceltrax-Pneumatic-Walking-Cast-Brace-Boot-Size-Large-Air-Pump-/221474977371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3390eff65b

zoidberg
29-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear he crashed. I kicked too many puppys around home, they all ran away so I went out to watch everyone else have fun at the track. My mate Dave bought Tristan's GSXR 750 from here and was giving it a red hot go. Looked to be a nice day, saw a couple of crashes from pit roof.

Hope everyone that got out there over the last few days had as much fun as possible!

KANGA
29-06-2014, 09:38 PM
My mate Dave bought Tristan's GSXR 750 from here and was giving it a red hot go. Looked to be a nice day, saw a couple of crashes from pit roof.

Hope everyone that got out there over the last few days had as much fun as possible!

Oh think I may have been in your garage chatting away for a bit. Don't know if I met you or not. If its the same Dave then he bought his Daytona 675 road bike from my mate Kris (no_style).

Was crashes galore today!

zoidberg
30-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Hey Kanga,

I was the one moping about, wearing a beanie, no riding gear. Sorry, should have introduced myself and said hello! It was great to just be there as an observer, doing a bit of timing from pit roof, but everytime I heard the 5 minute warning for red group I died a little inside... Yeh, lots of crashes! Saw Mark Varg have a quick one at the old turn 9, he was passing a bloke, went to tip in and BAM! Instant front end tuck, his bike slid all the way to the tyre wall and hit it pretty hard. Was chatting to him afterwards as he was assessing damage, mainly cosmetic aside from RH rearset, brake lever. Hopefully nothing worse. It shows if someone of his calibre can crash with zero warning, it must have been tricky conditions.

Anyway, next time I see you out there I'll say hello!

I was going to race the 4 hour, but changing work conditions means I don't really know what my hours days may be soon, so I'll be back out hopefully doing trackday GP circuit 18th or 19th of august and full circuit 31st.

Can't wait!

KANGA
30-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Ah yeah think I met you then when kris and dave were chatting. I had the turtle neck under armour shirt with the green stitching and blue shorts. I ended up talking to your mate with the ridiculously loud R6 at the garage door lol. I'll keep an eye out for you guys next time I'm about, we usually garage down that end of the pits.

Saturnalian
30-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Ah yeah think I met you then when kris and dave were chatting. I had the turtle neck under armour shirt with the green stitching and blue shorts. I ended up talking to your mate with the ridiculously loud R6 at the garage door lol. I'll keep an eye out for you guys next time I'm about, we usually garage down that end of the pits.

How was your quick shifter after we changed the sensitivity ?

zoidberg
01-07-2014, 08:00 AM

Ha, yep, that thing sure as shit isn't quiet... We've got another mate on an equally loud R6. When Dave bought Kris's Daytona, he started his R6, I thought that was loud... When are you blokes looking to get back out there?

KANGA
01-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Ha, yep, that thing sure as shit isn't quiet... We've got another mate on an equally loud R6. When Dave bought Kris's Daytona, he started his R6, I thought that was loud... When are you blokes looking to get back out there?

Looking at CSS on august 28th and a track day on the 30th at this point. How about you guys?

How was your quick shifter after we changed the sensitivity ?

Inconsistent, I reckon it had smooth shifts about 1 in 4 times. It was puzzling, sometimes it would work well when short shifting at slightly lower revs (12000ish) some times it wouldnt, same with higher revs when I was right on the shift light(14500ish). I couldn't pick out anything that was causing the inconsistencies. I think I might end up trying the highest sensitivity next time I'm out ... assuming I can work out how to change it with out you haha

How did yours go?

zoidberg
01-07-2014, 12:46 PM
we have a fair few booked in for the 31st of august, I'm not booked just yet, but will soon. Trying to work out whether to go play with some mates in green or not. I was hoping to race the 4hr at wakefield, but possibly changing work in the near future, so cannot guarantee time off. So, all things being equal, I'll be there 31st, long with a big crew and if work situation remains the same I will also be doing GP circuit on 18 or 19th of August.

Or, I win lotto and go ride European tracks for the remainder of the year.

Saturnalian
02-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Inconsistent, I reckon it had smooth shifts about 1 in 4 times. It was puzzling, sometimes it would work well when short shifting at slightly lower revs (12000ish) some times it wouldnt, same with higher revs when I was right on the shift light(14500ish). I couldn't pick out anything that was causing the inconsistencies. I think I might end up trying the highest sensitivity next time I'm out ... assuming I can work out how to change it with out you haha

How did yours go?

W-E-A-P-O-N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KANGA
02-07-2014, 03:09 PM
W-E-A-P-O-N

haha nice, figured as much!! loved what you have done to it.

zoidberg
02-07-2014, 11:26 PM
What quickshifter did you put on yours Saturnalian?

W-E-A-P-O-N

Saturnalian
02-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Annitori

zoidberg
02-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Fantastic, can't wait to get one on my bike!