PDA

View Full Version : The day has finally come!

Turbo
25-06-2014, 01:52 AM
So I finally got the wife to agree that I won't shut up unless I get to have a track bike and race it!:high5:
The green light came a few months ago, not long after Spilly gave me a shot of his new R6. After a couple of laps on that, I was completely sold and I set about doing whatever I had to do, to make it happen...
"Now, I'll need something to bring it to the track on... hiring a trailer every time isn't going to work, no room to store a trailer if I bought one.." :confused: RIGHT! selling car, buying a UTE.
"Hmmm, wife wants to put all of our money towards a house....." :confused: RIGHT! Selling street bike, I'll put that cash on track bike!
Selling your car whilst buying a new one AND selling your bike (only other form of transport), all within the same timeframe is not something I'd choose to do again. It took a ridiculously long time for things to come together, and endless patience from Marshy :wink: but I finally picked up my new track bike this evening!!
If you look extra specially closely, you probably notice that it's none other than Marshy's champ winning machine from last season!! :whoo: I asked Nick a very long time ago to sell it to me.. He wasn't exactly keen at first but happily for me, his new found love of all things Ape has worked out excellently.
I've big shoes to fill, stepping on to such a capable bike so I'll need to start working on my excuse repertoire....
but I CAN'T FLIPPIN WAIT to have a ride on this awesome piece of kit. I'll be out for the first spin of many this Friday at ARDC and I'm pumped as!:flame::flame::flame:
In the mean time, if anybody needs me, I'll be sitting on the bike in the garage making vroooooom noises...

stevem
25-06-2014, 05:00 AM
Congrats mate,enjoy

chubb
25-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Nice pick up mate!

Marshy
25-06-2014, 07:21 AM
http://tarmactalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=797&d=1403624004

HAHAHAHAHA!! Gold!!!

Phat3R
25-06-2014, 07:57 AM