PDA

View Full Version : Riverina Motor Complex (Wagga Wagga)

BR
14-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Thought I would make a thread for this....please post updates if you hear anything.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1309857/race-track-hits-road-block/

Linden
30-10-2014, 09:12 AM
We all know NSW desperately needs more Motorsport Facilities. Here's your chance to help convince the Wagga Wagga City council to grant final approval for the proposed new circuit down there. It is all set to go (apparently) and this is the final step.

Copy and paste the entire email below into a new page and address one copy to council and cc the individual councilors. Their addresses are listed below.

Then put your name to it the bottom. Feel free to send it to as many contacts that may be interested in supporting the project.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: council@wagga.nsw.gov.au
Cc: councillors@wagga.nsw.gov.au

The General Manager,

Wagga Wagga City Council.

Re: DA11/0625, Lot13, DP1028930, RiverinaMotor Complex. Driver Training and Motorsports Facility

Dear Phil,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my support for the above development application.

In my opinion this development has the potential to have a significant and positive impact on the economic and sporting future of the Wagga Wagga community as a whole.

Business sectors such as hospitality, accommodation, fuel and food suppliers, mechanical and construction trades as well as many other service providers will experience the increased business a facility such as this would offer. The Committee 4 Wagga Wagga has recognised the potential of the facility, listing it as an important development in the economic future of the city and region.

A recent independent study commissioned by the management of Winton Motor Raceway and Wakefield Park found that these facilities generated in excess of $25 million per annum each to their localcommunities. Can the business sector to Wagga Wagga be denied a financial boost such as this?

Wagga Wagga is known worldwide as the City of Good Sports with amazing facilities to back this up. The city is unique with its variety of sports and the champions it has produced. Wouldn’t it be nice to see the next F1, World Rally, V8 Supercar,Nascar or Indycar champion be a Wagga Wagga local, promoting the city worldwide? It could happen if we had the facility to foster this.

Wagga Wagga has a very large fraternity of motorsport enthusiasts, not just competitors, but those who love to spectate, officiate and experience all that motorsport has to offer. Unfortunately, to enjoy their sporting passion, these people have to travel to other towns and cities. Taking their money with them. Money that could be spent locally.

The road death and injury statistics for our youth are always concerning. A driver training facility such as this will be an invaluable asset for the region, allowing not just our youth, but a wide range of road users the opportunity to develop the advanced driving skills that can prevent them from becoming a statistic themselves.

I ask that you consider the big picture and the benefits as whole, by voting to approve this development.

Yours Sincerely,

Marshy
30-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Emailed!!! :cool:

Thank you for contacting the City of Wagga Wagga. Your email will be processed by our Records Management Team, and forwarded to the appropriate Council staff member.

City of Wagga Wagga
Phone: 1300 292 442
Fax: (02) 6926 9199
Website: www.wagga.nsw.gov.au (http://www.wagga.nsw.gov.au/)

This is an Auto Response email. Please do not reply to this email.