PDA

View Full Version : Special introductory offer on Pirelli race tyres!

Marshy
02-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Superbike Source is proud to announce a new partnership with Pirelli. We will now stock, sell and fit Pirelli race tyres (and road tyres by order). As a special opening offer to TT members, we are offering a set of the latest construction and compound race tyres in 120/70 front and 200/60 rear for $500. Or individually for $215 for a front and $300 for a rear. These prices are for the first shipment only, and the usual price will be $550 a set (still heaps cheap!). RRP is $628.

We are stocking the following compounds: SC1 and SC2 in fronts and 200/60 rears. As we are leading up to a bunch of races at Phillip Island, we will also have the PI-specific model, the SCX, available in stock. There will also be a handful of SC0 rears, for those that want a soft compound.

Please PM me asap to get in for this first batch.

shippy__
02-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Thats an awwesome price

Best thing I found with my pirelli's is that they are very forgiving to set up...... I havnt had a tear yet

Marshy
16-06-2014, 08:38 PM
The store room is now overflowing with Pirelli slicks (and wets). Get in quick at the special introductory price! Also an opening special for TT is a bottle of RBF660 Factory Line top-of-the-line Motul brake fluid for $30ea (normally $40). Pick-up only (Lane Cove or at the track, eg the ARDC day Friday week). If anyone wants 20L (or larger) drums of Motul oil, just let me know.

http://tarmactalk.com/images/pirelli-1.jpg

http://tarmactalk.com/images/pirelli-2.jpg

chubb
16-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Keen on a bottle of brake fluid.

I'm overdue to do a full caliper clean

How good do these ones compare to the Maxima ones I've been using?

chubb
16-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Also how much you selling a set of wets for?? With a 190 rear

Marshy
17-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Keen on a bottle of brake fluid.

I'm overdue to do a full caliper clean

How good do these ones compare to the Maxima ones I've been using?

Never actually used Maxima personally, but I've been using either this one or the Silkolene Race fluid, and they are both excellent. They are as good as each other (I can't tell the difference), but as with all top-notch race fluid, it needs changing very regularly to maintain optimal performance.

You can run Castrol High Performance or the like and change it once a year, with no discernible reduction in performance. Or you can run the best*, knowing that you need to change it every 3 months (depending on weather and usage. Maybe longer). What sort of performance-versus-ease-of-use are you looking for? Motul do lower spec fluids too (eg RBF600) which last longer between changes. But the outright performance is less.

* Actually 2nd best. The very very best is Castrol SRF, but it's $150 a bottle, plus it also needs changing every five minutes. The Kwaka race guys run them in their ZX10s, because the brakes are so shit and they need the extra stopping power. Most guys get a syndicate together to share a bottle, because as with any brake fluid, it goes off from the moment you crack the seal on the bottle. So once you open it, you need to use it straight away. Sir Wet One tells me he freezes any surplus fluid in ziplock baggies in the freezer......

Also how much you selling a set of wets for?? With a 190 rear

For you, special price! $520 for the one set I have here right now. More will be coming in the next order, but I didn't want wets sitting around. They are the 190 rear, in an SCR1 rear (there is an SCR2 rear also available). The fronts are all only SCR1.

Leezx10r
25-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Marshy, What SC compond would be good for this time of year on a RSV4? Sc1 front and SC2 rear? and do you still have rubber in stock to bring to the creek this Friday? 120/70 front and 200/60 rear.

chubb
25-06-2014, 02:20 PM
SC2 rear good for winter.

But this with this Friday's weather you probably still can go SC1

Marshy
25-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Marshy, What SC compond would be good for this time of year on a RSV4? Sc1 front and SC2 rear? and do you still have rubber in stock to bring to the creek this Friday? 120/70 front and 200/60 rear.

On a litre-bike, you'd still probably want to run an SC2 front, but an SC1 will be ok too, depending on how hard you/the bike work the front.

SC2 rear good for winter.

But this with this Friday's weather you probably still can go SC1

This ^
But the newer SC1 rear actually covers a much wider temp and surface range than previously. I'm running an SC1 for this Friday at the Creek, and probably for the Saturday sprint round at Wakey St George. I'm running an SC2 for the 4 hour though.

Here's the tyre guide from Pirelli:

FRONT:

http://www.pirelli.com/mediaObject/pirellityre/ww/en/catalogue/motorcycle/diablo_superbike/tb_1a/original/tb_1a.jpg

REAR:
http://www.pirelli.com/mediaObject/pirellityre/ww/en/catalogue/motorcycle/diablo_superbike/tb_2/original/tb_2.jpg

All are in stock. Let me know if you would like me to bring some on Friday.

zoidberg
25-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hi jack your thread slightly, but what would you recommend for sunday? It's supposed to be top of 16 degrees, so not exactly warm. I have a choice of (both already mounted on rims) Metz K2 rear K1 front (same as sc2 sc1 in pirelli compound I think?). Or a set of the superbike pros, which I guess would be harder again than the SC2?

Harder is better for cold yes? Goes against what my brain would think, but then, my brain is always wrong...

chubb
25-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Harder compounds not necessarily better. Depends on the brand. Bridgestone goes softer the colder the temps.

I would ditch the superbike pros. Explained many times by different people that they are good for one or two trackdays at a slower pace but then they let go without warning.

Fridays ambient temps meant to hit 20 and it's party cloudy. So it would be warm enough for K1s if you wanted.

Leezx10r
25-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Hi marshy, can you bring on Friday Sc2 front (120/70) & sc1 rear (200/60) cheers mate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy
25-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Sorry to hi jack your thread slightly, but what would you recommend for sunday? It's supposed to be top of 16 degrees, so not exactly warm. I have a choice of (both already mounted on rims) Metz K2 rear K1 front (same as sc2 sc1 in pirelli compound I think?). Or a set of the superbike pros, which I guess would be harder again than the SC2?

Harder is better for cold yes? Goes against what my brain would think, but then, my brain is always wrong...

Honestly, exactly what Chubb said.

Hi marshy, can you bring on Friday Sc2 front (120/70) & sc1 rear (200/60) cheers mate :)

Noooo worrrriiiiieeeessss!!! Will do ;)

zoidberg
26-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Hmm, I'll turn them into a tasteful garden bed then. I'll take out the Metz's sunday and look for cold tear etc, thanks blokes!

Marshy
26-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Just a reminder that I'll be bringing some of the Motul RBF660 brake fluid to the track tomorrow, if anyone wants to jump on the special offer. Some tyres will also be available, although to guarantee compounds, please pre-order today. :thumb: :peace:

Kimbo
27-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Can I get the BEARS rate for the Pirellis Marshy

Marshy
28-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Can I get the BEARS rate for the Pirellis Marshy

Yes mate, sure can. At the moment, our Intro Special is lower than the BEARS rate, by quite a bit ;)

Kimbo
28-06-2014, 10:08 AM
sounds great, you at the track tomorrow

Marshy
28-06-2014, 10:53 AM
sounds great, you at the track tomorrow

Nope, not at the track, but JohnnyB has offered to take some tyres to the track tomorrow (he is getting some fitted here this morning), so if you want some, please let me know :)

Gimme a call on 0418 166 883 if it's easier ;)

Kimbo
28-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Ok, thanks