PDA

View Full Version : EOI - FX round 3 at QR

Marshy
16-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Due to the complete lack of other race meets in the next 2 months, I'm thinking about heading up to Queensland Raceway for FX. Having just been there for the first time for ASBK a month or two ago, I actually really liked the track (although I'm really glad it's not in Sydney and the only local track, or I'd be bored stiff). Anyone else keen?

Pato
16-05-2014, 11:44 AM
I am thinking seriously about entering Fo Oz on my GSXR. What is the track condition like Marshy, smooth?. Any recommendations for accomodation.

Marshy
16-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Smooth and grippy, except for a big bump going into turn 1. Heaps of grip, and fairly hard on rear tyres. And brakes. The stop at the end of the back straight is mega!! I really enjoyed the track.

We stayed at the Country Comfort in Ipswich. Definitely stay in Ipswich; it's only 5-10 mins from the track and has better food and accommodation than Willowbank.

Marshy
26-05-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm going to commit to this. Anyone else keen??

chubb
16-06-2014, 02:51 PM
what class you running in? Can't see your name?

Mstevo
16-06-2014, 04:45 PM
what class you running in? Can't see your name?

with Marshy's bikes mechanical upgrades he might not be ready to race that weekend

chubb
16-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Ahh ok. More go fast bits???

Marshy
16-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I bailed (actually, I just never entered). I did a last ring-around, and nobody was keen. Then I did the sums on the cost, including control tyres, and decided it was uneconomical, considering my... errr.... negative equity position.

But I am definitely going to PI for ASBK in a month :thumb:
Even if I go alone, I'm going.

Marshy
16-06-2014, 05:19 PM
with Marshy's bikes mechanical upgrades he might not be ready to race that weekend

Ahh ok. More go fast bits???

I should probably do a build thread....