PDA

View Full Version : Traction

stevem
12-05-2014, 06:15 PM
This is from ARDC day in April on a s1000rr.Traction seems to be cutting in to much on the exit of some corners( It is the yellow light that flickers under the solid red light on the left).I am running a PCV and std beemer TC. The TC has no adjustments,what other systems have you guys used ?

http://youtu.be/6ZgBTlL_xtQ

Marshy
12-05-2014, 06:20 PM
What are all the warning lights??

Calling Rick R....

stevem
12-05-2014, 06:37 PM
The red one is ABS turned off,The white one is shift change,I have to chase up the other one.Thanks Nick.

Marshy
12-05-2014, 08:25 PM
The yellow one looks exactly the same as the TC light on my Aprilia..... Mine is normally off, then flashes when TC (or WC) is actually kicking in. Solidly lit indicates an error.

stevem
12-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Yeah I just read through the hand manual and it says that the yellow light will come on and a notice will appear on the dash lamp out or globe out .It is in lap timer mode on the video but I don't recall seeing any notes on start up.My mate Ben was at the track on the 9th on his ape and said he caught up with you Marshy.

Marshy
12-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Yeah he did, although we didn't chat for too long (he was never around, and I was too busy having fun!!). It's nice seeing so many Apes there now :thumb:

Marty
12-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Is the yellow light on the entire time?

senator8
12-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Looks normal to me Steve. Although you can't manually adjust the level of intervention (you can actually by changing the modes) it is not an on/off switch. There are many, many inputs and factors it calculates to give the level of intervention required. Just because the light is on doesn't mean it's slowing you down. just means there is loss of traction - it may only be making the smallest of correction. There is no obvious sign of intervention looking at and listening to your video. :)

stevem
13-05-2014, 04:47 AM
Thanks guys,yes Marty the yellow light on the right is on all the time,Rick does your light stay on ?

senator8
13-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks guys,yes Marty the yellow light on the right is on all the time,Rick does your light stay on ?

Steve, I can't see the other light. If it's the yellow triangle on the right above the multifunction display it should also have a error code on the display. Like lamp or ews.

stevem
13-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks Rick,yes that is it.It is on permanently but I don't recall any display in the multi function.(Can't check at the moment).I figured it was because all the lights were disconnected but I will chase it up. It is in slick mode at the moment so that should be the least amount of intervention from TC. I will be going quicker in the future but it seems at the moment it may cut in to soon.