PDA

View Full Version : ZX636 2006 Model For Sale

Rusty
05-05-2014, 05:47 PM
It's finally time to sell my ZX6 and move on.
The frame has been Computracked (checks straightness of frame, triples, forks, swingarm and sets up the geometry to the ideal ride height, rake and trail; which costs $800).
The suspension has been revalved and set up by Nigel Pitch and Al Samuals, who look after many of the top ASBK/ASC riders.
It has a Micron slipon and Power Commander, which has been mapped on a dyno by Doin' bikes with 115hp.
Has new (4 track days old. Cost $250) DID ERV3 520 Chain and Renthal Sprockets (15/45) geared perfectly for Eastern Creek
Front Nissin brake callipers off late model ZX6 with EBC X Pro race pads. (4 track days old. Cost $250 for calipers and $200 for the pads)
Galfer wavy front rotors.
Scotts Steering Damper
Rear Sets
Race clip ons
Braided Lines
Starline gear indicator
New rear brake pads
13,898 klms on the original speedo.
We are looking for $5,500 (firm)*

dan
05-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Wish I was in the market for a new race bike. Love it.

chubb
05-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Leanne where did you get it computracked??

I need to get my 6 done somewhere.

Rusty
05-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Leanne where did you get it computracked??

I need to get my 6 done somewhere.

Nigel PITSCH from Cessnock. https://www.facebook.com/nigel.pitsch Let me know if you need his phone number.

Nelso
05-05-2014, 08:12 PM
It's meant to say Galfer wave rotors, not calipers.

Nigel's number is 0414940472.

chubb
05-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Cheers!

Marshy
05-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Nigel did my championship bike at the beginning of last year too.

Marty
07-05-2014, 06:19 PM
When they computrack it to they set it to ideal geometry or do you need to tell them the numbers your looking for?

Rusty
07-05-2014, 06:27 PM
When they computrack it to they set it to ideal geometry or do you need to tell them the numbers your looking for?

Nigel sets it up based on ideal geometry. You just give him the bike and he does it. Then he helps to make the finer adjustments based on what you tell him the bike is doing. It made a huge difference to how my bike handled. When Rob had his 04 ZX10 done the difference was amazing. He dropped about 6 seconds because he now had a bike that handled. Before Rob had his done I couldn't ride his bike it was so bad.

chubb
07-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Is it a day trip thing that I can make??

Nelso
08-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Is it a day trip thing that I can make??

I doubt it. They put it on a jig and use lasers to align everything and if the frame, swingarm or triples are bent, they will straighten them before plugging the numbers into the computer program that generates the right geometry for your bike (including what tyres you are running so fit the tyres you plan on continuing to use). They need the bike with the fairings and exhaust removed to fit it in the jig so if you turned up with it ready to fit in and it is perfectly straight, on a day that Al was there working with him, they might be able to turn it around in a day, but that's something you really need to ask Nigel. We have always dropped the bikes off and picked them back up after they were done, but then again we have also had the suspension done while they were up there (and mine needed straightening pretty bad) which takes longer.

chubb
08-05-2014, 04:39 PM
ahh ok fair enough..

cheers!

Mazabuzz
08-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I just got my bike back from Laurie and pretty much got everything from the rotors to the subframe straight after my off, will this even correct h's work??

Nelso
09-05-2014, 10:03 PM
From what I understand, Laurie uses a stringline to align everything and he's pretty good at it. Lasers are probably more accurate, but I doubt it would be enough to notice. They would still be able to adjust your geometry, but the later model bikes aren't out as far as the older ones like ours and usually only get minor adjustments. Leanne's bike was raised 15mm in the rear and dropped 20mm in the front to get it to steer like a modern bike! There's no way in hell you would ever make that big of a change without knowing how much trail you still have. What it does do is get your bike pretty close to the right set up straight up without the ongoing testing and adjustments that factory teams do. Once it is done, you know the bike is going to be close to handling right and then it only takes a few minor adjustments to fine tune them.

Marty
12-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Nigel sets it up based on ideal geometry. You just give him the bike and he does it. Then he helps to make the finer adjustments based on what you tell him the bike is doing. It made a huge difference to how my bike handled. When Rob had his 04 ZX10 done the difference was amazing. He dropped about 6 seconds because he now had a bike that handled. Before Rob had his done I couldn't ride his bike it was so bad.

Thanks Leanne, this sounds like a very worthwhile thing to get done.