PDA

View Full Version : The Pain in the Ass rear brake re-install

Baddie
09-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Hello Girls

Seen this On the kawa site thought Id share....:love:

Its all about the little things to make life much better.:wacko:

"So when doing rear tire swaps usually the last thing that can screw you up is your rear brake pads being stuck together or cockeyed. Putting a tiny spring between the pads gives you one less thing to fight with."

Not 100% shore this applies to anyone but sharing is caring.

BoB
09-04-2014, 06:53 PM
I usually use a flat blade screwdriver and open up the pads to give the more clearance for the disc when refitting the wheel .(make sure there is some space for the fluid to go to in the reservoir ).

Just remember to pump the brake pedal a few times to check it still works .

Marshy
10-04-2014, 04:59 AM
"So when doing rear tire swaps usually the last thing that can screw you up is your rear brake pads being stuck together or cockeyed. Putting a tiny spring between the pads gives you one less thing to fight with."

Clever!

Marty
10-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Damn that's a good idea! As long as it's a really pissy spring it should be fine. Why on earth don't rear calipers run two pins? On my cbr the pads always drop off the shelf on the non pin side

dan
10-04-2014, 11:55 AM
I usually use a flat blade screwdriver and open up the pads to give the more clearance for the disc when refitting the wheel .(make sure there is some space for the fluid to go to in the reservoir ).

Just remember to pump the brake pedal a few times to check it still works .

Yeah I do the same.

CBR42
10-04-2014, 04:48 PM
On a related note i saw on someones twitter feed the other day (a WSBK rider,i cant remember who !!) has a hard spring in there to make it harder to lock up the rear brake.

dan
10-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Oh that's cool

CBR42
10-04-2014, 07:31 PM
On a related note i saw on someones twitter feed the other day (a WSBK rider,i cant remember who !!) has a hard spring in there to make it harder to lock up the rear brake.

I think I've had a dyslexic moment.i can't find the picture.it must have been a heavy duty return spring.