PDA

View Full Version : ARDC Summary from Today

Spilly209
05-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Good to see you today boys, been a while since I've been out on track. I have to say, the more things change the more they stay the same. i.e.
- I turned up late - just as the riders briefing was finishing
- I had a minor / preventable bike problem, dead battery from leaving the ignition on for over a month
- Everyone gathered their bro-science and gadgets to fix battery. Bob had the best gadget, I believe I heard him say "GTFO with that trickle charger"
- Dan brought his latest, smallest and loudest project bike.
- Garage bro-science rallied again to get it started but to no avail. No fire, only backfires. Next time.
- Dan decides the solution to the above is to find another motorcycle - one that is cheaper and older and more obscure.
- Tristan brought the most bikes but got the least track time again due to mechanical gremlins
- John is the only punter to come prepared with written backup to his bro-science, eg his "Suspension 101" thesis
- James got the most track time and it wasn't close. He even insisted they put on the last bike session with him as the sole entry. (I believe he had the fastest time "buy miles" in that session). They are considering replacing the chequered flag with a flag that has a photo of Jame's bike on it.
- I needed help loading my bike onto the trailer

Ahh, good times boys, see you next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoB
05-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Someones having a good time .

And thanks to Tristan for pointing out the signature on my new fairings .. "Chris Vermeulen" I had no idea .

johnnyb
05-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Normal track days are dead to me......how good are ARDC days!!!!

Had a great day with great company.

Steve needed more power from the R6 so he has moved to "super open class". Just has to learn how to control the power.

Well played boys....see you all soon.

JC
06-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Good to see you today boys, been a while since I've been out on track. I have to say, the more things change the more they stay the same. i.e.
- I turned up late - just as the riders briefing was finishing
- I had a minor / preventable bike problem, dead battery from leaving the ignition on for over a month
- Everyone gathered their bro-science and gadgets to fix battery. Bob had the best gadget, I believe I heard him say "GTFO with that trickle charger"

- Dan brought his latest, smallest and loudest project bike.
- Garage bro-science rallied again to get it started but to no avail. No fire, only backfires. Next time.
- Dan decides the solution to the above is to find another motorcycle - one that is cheaper and older and more obscure.
- Tristan brought the most bikes but got the least track time again due to mechanical gremlins
- John is the only punter to come prepared with written backup to his bro-science, eg his "Suspension 101" thesis
- James got the most track time and it wasn't close. He even insisted they put on the last bike session with him as the sole entry. (I believe he had the fastest time "buy miles" in that session). They are considering replacing the chequered flag with a flag that has a photo of Jame's bike on it.
- I needed help loading my bike onto the trailer

Ahh, good times boys, see you next time!

Forgot to mention about touching elbows between 8 and 9 lol

Spilly209
06-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Oh yea, I normally ask to get taken on a few dates before I let other guys get so close to me mate! :P

Tristan
06-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Good summery Steve hahaha

Marty
07-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Was a good day, not a drop of rain in the end too

dan
07-04-2014, 06:00 PM
ARDC GP days. Love them!

James_
09-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Think you covered it all there Steve!

But there was no insisting.... more a DEMAND!

Strangely tho, at sign on they didn't have my entry form which I submitted on the monday. Anyone else have this issue?? Concerning, as this doesn't help the decision to have bike sessions.

dan
09-04-2014, 05:53 PM
What's the even cheaper and more obscure bike I got haha

Spilly209
09-04-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm sure you'll tell us before the next track day Dan! Haha

dan
10-04-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm not buying anything for a while. I did get a little smoker dirt bike to start racing flat track though!

Stu23
10-04-2014, 12:51 PM
what did you get Dan, and where will you be dirttracking ?

Spilly209
10-04-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm not buying anything for a while. I did get a little smoker dirt bike to start racing flat track though!

And there we have it ladies & gentlemen - prediction proven :D

dan
10-04-2014, 12:57 PM
what did you get Dan, and where will you be dirttracking ?

Got a dt125 to run in the pre-78 class out at nepean. Never really ridden a dirt bike before so should be an interesting experience.

dan
10-04-2014, 12:59 PM
And there we have it ladies & gentlemen - prediction proven :D

Well, no more after this haha

Spilly209
10-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Haha, love it :)

Stu23
10-04-2014, 01:13 PM
practice day out there this sunday, I will be there with Carl if the weather sorts itself out !

dan
10-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Yeah had it in my diary but won't be able to make it cause of work.

Spilly209
10-04-2014, 11:03 PM
What's on on Sunday??

dan
11-04-2014, 09:52 AM
What's on on Sunday??

playing in the dirt