PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli supercorsa

chubb
24-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Hey all,

Do anyone of you know what the difference is between the old supercorsa and the new V2 variant??

Like I know the tread pattern is less in the V2 and apparently the side grip is better in the V2 but is that it?

The thing is the shop that I got it from got me the old variant instead of the new (same tyre size 180/60)

I'm so used to the new V2 that I'm a bit hesitant to use the older supercorsa with the V2 front or should I just use it (probably last me 3 or so TD)

Any input would be great.

Marshy
24-03-2014, 09:55 PM
IMHO, there's no point in trying out a tyre that you can never use again. If you can't regularly buy them in the future, then why experiment with a tyre that will either be: 1. No different (so why bother), or 2. Worse than the V2 (so you're disappointed and spend 3 track days on an inferior tyre), or 3. Better than the V2 (in which case you'll be seriously pissed off you can no longer buy them).

If it is cheap, then go for it! If you only did track days and didn't much care about lap times, then it'd also be fine. But in your case, I can't see an upside.

My $0.02.

chubb
25-03-2014, 05:57 AM
Cheers I've been thinking about it over night and I think I'm going to return the tyre as they got me the wrong one in the first place!