PDA

View Full Version : Who do you use? - Dynotuning, Sydney

Ausgecko
01-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Hey All,
I just put a PCV on my 06 CBR1000RR and wanted to see what the general consensus was on who`s the best for tuning in the Sydney area (Preferably Western Sydney). Im not after all out power but smooth and reliable performance.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Chris

Stu23
01-03-2014, 06:53 PM
check out Trevor at Doin Bikes, Moorebank way / Chipping Norton

Baddie
01-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Welcome Chris...

Good to see to you joined...like I mentioned on the Winners site..I had my girlfriend done by Brad at Bikebiz, and very happy so far.

:thumb:

stevem
01-03-2014, 08:06 PM
I have an 05 CBR1000RR and have some really good maps for yoshi slip on and bmc filter,send me your email and i'll get them to you.Steve. AT the creek tomorrow so prob won't be until Monday.0421526521

Marshy
01-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Mine are being done by Road and Circuit at the moment. Very good work - thorough rather than cheap.

Ausgecko
01-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the quick responses guys :) I'll check those places out. Steve, I've sent you a PM

stevem
02-03-2014, 04:57 AM
If you want to try some today and get a break in the weather go to 1000RR there is a thread on maps and try Jims map (Resusit8 ?) I used it for a couple of years ,great map with - 1 front sprocket and r6 throttle tube. i'll give more of a list Monday

Ausgecko
02-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks Steve, I'm not in any rush and can't ride for a few weeks yet, I'm recovering from a fractured hand and some tendon damage, I checked yesterday to see if I could pull the clutch lever but still no good....:(

Spilly209
03-03-2014, 12:21 AM
I initially got Motologic to Dyno tune my 1199S when they fit the full Termi system and a Rapid Bike ECU. They got a respectable 174hp at the rear wheel.

Then I used TuneBoy in Hornsby to do it all again. First thing he did was removed the Rapid Bike ECU. I'm not technical but I believe he re-flashed the "perfectly capable" factory ECU and custom tuned it. He got it to 192hp at the rear wheel with more power and torque right throughout the rev range. He even included cruise control. Total cost $600 or what I paid for the Rapid Bike ECU alone....

Cost is less for smaller capacity / simpler bikes I believe. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/02/e8a8aqe5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ausgecko
03-03-2014, 05:00 AM
I initially got Motologic to Dyno tune my 1199S when they fit the full Termi system and a Rapid Bike ECU. They got a respectable 174hp at the rear wheel.

Then I used TuneBoy in Hornsby to do it all again. First thing he did was removed the Rapid Bike ECU. I'm not technical but I believe he re-flashed the "perfectly capable" factory ECU and custom tuned it. He got it to 192hp at the rear wheel with more power and torque right throughout the rev range. He even included cruise control. Total cost $600 or what I paid for the Rapid Bike ECU alone....

Cost is less for smaller capacity / simpler bikes I believe. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/02/e8a8aqe5.jpg

Thanks, I'll check them out too.

Ausgecko
03-03-2014, 05:00 AM
Has anyone had any experience with S&R Pro at Penrith?

Tristan
03-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Mototech Australia in Smithfield are good

Marshy
03-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Hang on.... this says 'Flywheel Power', not RWHP. :confused: Are they doing a 'correction' to get a higher number? It sure looks like it.

And I've gotta laugh, because your graph starts higher than mine tops out at!!

stevem
03-03-2014, 04:12 PM

Funny you mention Sand R pro. I Turbo'ed the CBR and Jamie at S&R did the tuning work on it after a blown motor elsewhere and he is the only guy I would now let near the thing.As for normally aspirated I haven't had him do any work but he definitely knows his stuff and has the runs on the board in drag racing circles on his own bikes .Him an Rupert are nice guys too.

Ausgecko
03-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Funny you mention Sand R pro. I Turbo'ed the CBR and Jamie at S&R did the tuning work on it after a blown motor elsewhere and he is the only guy I would now let near the thing.As for normally aspirated I haven't had him do any work but he definitely knows his stuff and has the runs on the board in drag racing circles on his own bikes .Him an Rupert are nice guys too.

Ok, cool. I had him do some work and was very happy with the service so I was going to get him to tune it but when I asked him about it he quoted me a price and said that it was because he had to do something with the ECU also, the price wasn't a problem but when I asked him about the ECU he kind of brushed it off a bit and didn't seem to want to tell me what he has to do and I thought that was odd. After some research I've found out that at most he will need to "tap into" it to get an RPM readout but that's it, he made it sound like it was more than that and it kind of threw me.
He's just around the corner from me so it's very convenient, I'm just trying to get some peace of mind of where I should send it, I've heard some bad stories about some places but none of S&R.

I guess I'm just fishing for info :)

stevem
03-03-2014, 06:02 PM
I have sent you 2 emails .RESUS map I have run on the road for 2 years no worries with a yoshi slip on,bmc race filters ,-1 front sprocket and an r6 throttle tube and did a 9.96 quarter mile.If it was me I would just run this,but for peace of mind get it tuned if you want.Enjoy it man what ever you do.Steve.

Baddie
03-03-2014, 07:40 PM
"192hp at the rear wheel"...its is a ducati right???

:flypig:

Marshy
03-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Oh, while we are posting graphs, here are my two R6s. The blue one is the stock motor, and the red one is the "YEC" one that turned out not to be.

And I see that these are also 'power at the engine', not the rear wheel! Not sure whether that's how they all do it??

http://tarmactalk.com/images/dyno-1.jpg

chubb
03-03-2014, 09:15 PM
120 although not 136+ is still not too shabby

Mr.Ed
03-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Or 7hp+ over a stock-ish bike!!!

Ausgecko
04-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the maps, your a champion!

James_
04-03-2014, 07:23 PM

Yeah, I have. Jamie knows his shit. Especially if you want to turbo something. I recommend him highly.

Spilly209
05-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Hang on.... this says 'Flywheel Power', not RWHP. :confused: Are they doing a 'correction' to get a higher number? It sure looks like it.

And I've gotta laugh, because your graph starts higher than mine tops out at!!

Think it must be a mistake because when I had it dyno'd at eastern creek it have the 174 RW HP & the MotoLogic figures were RW as well. Plus the Pani is supposed to have 195 at the crank stock standard without pipes etc. I will ask the question though!

Marshy
05-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Nah, mine's the same - I think it's just a field variable they enter on the form. Doesn't affect the results.

Spilly209
05-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Yea so you mean they entered the wrong data in that field?

Marshy
05-03-2014, 09:47 PM
I mean that, eg on my map, where it says "Power at:" they selected 'Engine' instead of 'Rear Wheel'. Just a drop down field. The default is probably Engine.

I'm guessing, but it's an educated guess ;)

Anyone able to clarify?

Marty
12-03-2014, 07:48 AM
I use doin' bikes, had my bike mapped twice over the years with different parts. I've used off the shelf maps in other bikes before and there's no comparison

dan
12-03-2014, 02:54 PM
What should you expect to pay for a dyno tuning? Roughly

Marshy
12-03-2014, 04:35 PM
$300 for a cashie on the side, easy tune (plug-in tune for a PC or Bazzaz) where it maps automatically, to $600-700 or up for a hand-done tune, custom mapped into a YEC ECU or the like (eg flashed stock ECU). My very limited experience shows that there's no real power difference between the two, but the bike will run smoother especially down low with the customised jobbie. It's more about the time spent tweaking all the numbers at all the rpm points.

Spilly209
12-03-2014, 05:14 PM
What should you expect to pay for a dyno tuning? Roughly

Tuneboy was $650 for the Pani including the $100 for cruise control. For a 600 looking at around $400 with no need for PC etc