PDA

View Full Version : Flipping Pirelli supercorsa SC

Leezx10r
27-02-2014, 07:14 AM
Just wanted to get your thoughts on flipping front and rear Pirelli supercorsa SC rubber?

I understand that if wet thats a bad idea due to water not being able to leave footprint with wrong direction, but apart from this would there be any problem flipping a Supercorsa?

Cheers

Lee

Marshy
27-02-2014, 07:28 AM
I presume this is for the track? If so, as a general rule, flipping the rear is ok, but I wouldn't flip the front unless it was an emergency.

For the road, I wouldn't flip at all - too many safety and insurance implications!

Leezx10r
27-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Thats correct Marshy just for the track :)

LHS is looking OK but could do with a flip for the creek, thanks for your help mate

Any reason why you wouldnt flip the front for the track?

chubb
27-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Yes you can flip the rear. However everytime I flip the rear it does destroy it so I only do it for a last day or something.

Not many people I know flip the front.

Leezx10r
27-02-2014, 08:25 AM
thats good thanks Chubb, because the rear only has one day left, thanks for your help mate

Stu23
27-02-2014, 08:38 AM
It used to be that the tyres construction used to determine wether or not it could be flipped.. something to do with the direction the belts in the carcas were layed

JC
27-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Done that. Crashed due to that. Never do it again. You will always have one side compromised.

Baddie
27-02-2014, 05:07 PM
A little birdie told me...when the fast mothers have to run control tyre's they flip them to get fresh rubber.

But based on the specials that come up on pirelli etc...Me personally spend $200 to $300 on new rubber than $5000.00 on repairs.

Lee.. if you are after a good set of Pirelli's (Ex wade, ex Metalhead "Cam" ) i have a set you can have for a carton super dry....Pm if interested....ill send to a few pictures, just let me know as I'm planning to get Girlfriend (Marshy) to install rear tyre this friday.

:thumb: