PDA

View Full Version : Lotus "Superbike"

Marty
22-02-2014, 08:14 AM
I've been hearing and seeing things about this for years but I found an article earlier saying that it's going into production.

When I saw the photos I thought it was some artists concept but apparently this is the bike.

They say it's got the usual 200 odd hp and 180kg dripping in carbon etc.

But seriously this thing looks like an April fools joke.

Swingarm mounted shocks, massive wheelbase, rider mass is down low over the back wheel and it looks like there's nowhere to tuck in, looks like there's no room for suspension travel in the rear etc. It looks like it should have ape hangers on it..

Does anyone know any more about this bike? I can't find a single pic of the thing being ridden

Don't get me wrong people laughed at the Brittin at the time aswell but I don't think this bike is in anyway a superbike, I reckon it's just something that Jay Lenno would buy and potter up the snake on.

Marshy
22-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Looks very strange!!

Mr.Ed
22-02-2014, 03:21 PM
It also looks like it's gonna corner like the Bat-bike... I'd say it's closer to a V-Rod than sportsbike.

Engine is supposed to be off a KTM RC8R

Spilly209
24-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Looks gross, but yea if the make sure it's ridiculously expensive it should mean they sell out due to the Leno types

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phillmac
01-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Not like you could behind the screen on that model. More show than go by the looks.

dan
07-03-2014, 06:15 AM
If it wasn't being called a superbike I wouldn't have a problem with it - just another over-designed limited run bike. Saying superbike makes a statement and attempts puts it in the esteemed company of the, well, Superbikes. And that's shit cause they know it's not.

Negrogrande
07-03-2014, 07:17 AM
looks cool, for the $150K odd it will cost, no thanks.

I would rather buy a CEV moto 2 bike
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2014/03/the-lotus-c-01-superbike-is-gloriously-impractical.html

dan
07-03-2014, 08:10 AM
I don't even think it looks cool :/

KANGA
07-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Apparently its not even made by Lotus, its made by a german car company that runs the Lotus name in world endurance who licensed the name for the bike.

"Kodewa has been granted a license to produce the motorcycle by Group Lotus plc, the world renowned sportscar manufacturer and engineering consultancy."

http://www.lotus-motorcycles.com/ready-to-roar/