PDA

View Full Version : Question about off the rack leathers

Gc33
09-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, I am down in Beechworth on the VIC/NSW border.
It is time to replace my custom made Tiger Angel 1-piece leathers, I was hoping to avoid going down the custom made path again purely due to cost.
I am 6'5" and 105kg, just wondering if anyone of a similar size has some off-the-rack leathers that they have been happy with the fit that they could recommend?? I obviously want the room to put a back protector in.
If not, where is the best place for custom made stuff other than Tiger Angel? Shark?

Thanks,
Glen.

Marshy
09-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Hey Glen, welcome!

Some of the site's taller members might be able to assist...... :thumb:

Nelso
09-02-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm 6' and 123kg and the only off the rack brand that come close to fitting are Berik. At 6'5" I doubt you'll find anything that will fit though.

Other than the ones you mentioned there are also Ricondi and Gimoto that do custom leathers. What are Tiger Angel charging these days for a custom suit?

Gc33
10-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Yeah, is looking like I will have to get some made.
Has anyone used the Collins leathers before? They are only $1100 for custom made 1-piece suits. Pretty good price, Tiger Angel start at around $1500 but I have to say their 15 year old website really puts me off them!!

chubb
10-02-2014, 11:41 AM
I think the Gimoto ones start from $1295 the last time I looked

KANGA
10-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Nah Gimoto off the rack entry level is $1595, top level $1995.
I'm getting measured up for a custom Wednesday as I just don't fit in to any normal sized leathers :S

CLIFFY
10-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Go the kangaroo, worth the extra couple hundred

Nelso
10-02-2014, 08:18 PM
I thought Collins only did off the rack leathers. He used to put an order in for suits once a year, so if he ran out of the size you needed, you had to wait ages for him to put another order in and get more. It would be good if he is now doing custom orders, but I haven't heard much about this brand in the last couple of years.

$1500 for custom Tiger Angel doesn't sound too bad, considering everyone I know with them have only good things to say about the quality. Gimoto, you are looking at a couple of gorillas for a custom suit and Ricondi are about $1800.

Please keep us informed about any info you find out and which way you end up going.

KANGA
10-02-2014, 08:48 PM
I contacted Collins earlier in the year out of interest. $1100 for a custom race suit.

Go the kangaroo, worth the extra couple hundred
Tis the plan

Gc33
17-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Alrighty, I have ended up getting my existing leathers repaired and altered at Tiger Angel, was the cheapest option and I have been wrapt with them.
A bit of a round up of what I found:
- Ricondi - $1750 for custom suit in cow-hide and $2400 for custom in kangaroo hide
- Collins - $1100 for custom suit
- Tiger Angel - start at $1650 for custom suit.
Found all of them bloody good to dal with and ended up buying a back protector or Andrew at Ricondi.

One thing that I noted is that of the 3 Tiger Angel is the only one to make their suits in Australia, Collins are made in Vietnam and Ricondi also overseas, can't remember where though.