PDA

View Full Version : Bikes wanted- Concours d'Elegance Supercars CARnivale - Martin Place

motorbiker
23-01-2014, 06:56 AM
(copy and paste warning):::
Motorcycle Council of NSW are looking for people/bikes to fill a display at Martin Place this Sunday (26/1).

If you ride on the road then your life is much easier thanks to these guys and the fights they take up with State & local governments, RMS, Police, CTP Insurers and other regulators (and usually win!).

They run on 1000 times less funding than MNSW but manage to be 1000 times more effective in looking after motorcyclists rights.

See below for the call out and contact details - Sounds like a good day and chance to show off your wares!

Last year we had a stand at the Concours d’Elegance Supercars CARnivale in the CBD and we were in Martin Place.

We had a display of bikes and our usual little tent with brochures and such.

It was considered a success by us and the organisers. We recognised it as an important opportunity to connect with non-motorcycling enthusiasts and to continue to spread our message/s.

We had hoped to grow bigger and better over the years...

However, this year we got caught in a bit of a power struggle between the organisers and the Govt Australia Day events committee. (Our side won).

So, as of now we have a 5 metre by 5 metre marquee, back in Martin Place.

We’ll fill it with a couple of hardy souls and a bunch of brochures etc.

WHAT WE NEED IS:
- Anyone who has the time to pop along and give a hand.
- Anyone who’d like to have their bike on show and – if possible – hang around to talk to people and answer questions about it.

The actual event is a pretty good one for anyone interested in motor vehicles generally and old ones in particular.

Here’s some photos http://www.supercardelegance.com.au/carnivale-photo-gallery/ the event is a big one, running up and down Macquarie St and some side streets.

If you have an interest in showing your bike, you’d need to have it in place by around 9am and once there it can’t be taken away until about 5pm. Anyone wanting to drop off a bike and head somewhere else, we will be only a few feet away to look after it.

I appreciate it is short notice but we were only confirmed in place yesterday.

Please email me john@johnhollands.com or call me 0405 304 505 anytime.

In particular they love vintage and veteran but at this stage I’d be happy for a pit bike !!!

Our plans for coming years is to have themed displays (track bikes with people in leathers, dirt bikes with the famous fake campfire, maybe re-enact the Norton Commando ad http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Norton-750.jpg )

Email, text or call, it’ll be a good day

Thanks,

John