PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Brake fluid Reservoir

dan
08-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Lost my bar mounted fluid reservoir in 'the unpleasantness of nov 3, 2013' and need a new one. Anyone got a spare they'll sell me

Alternatively if I'm looking at eBay, am I correct in assuming all reservoirs are created equal?

CHEERZ

Phat3R
08-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Lost my bar mounted fluid reservoir in 'the unpleasantness of nov 3, 2013' and need a new one. Anyone got a spare they'll sell me

Alternatively if I'm looking at eBay, am I correct in assuming all reservoirs are created equal?

CHEERZ

I picked up a hand full of them at Metros when I was cleaning up my last mess. Slightly smaller than stock they have a shelf of them there, was like $10-$20 from memory. Fitted the K1.

Marshy
08-01-2014, 07:50 PM
am I correct in assuming all reservoirs are created equal?

Not exactly. The outlet tubes exit in different directions (straight down; angled down left, right; horizontal etc), and the mounting point to the bracket are all in different positions. If you're making your own hanger bracket, and you have additional tygon or stock tubing to play with, then any will work. I've got a few if you want one.

dan
08-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Yeah I've got a Woodcraft bracket to hang it off since I changed to after market clips ons. That's be great thanks mate. You around Friday?

Phat3R
08-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Just had a look in my spares stash ... this is one of the the ones I got when I was at Metros to replace my flattened reservoir ... it's not as big as the stock one ... sorry it cost $25.