PDA

View Full Version : Is T1 getting bumpier ...

Phat3R
05-01-2014, 05:25 PM
I posted up a while ago that I thought T1GP/T1BR ;) was significantly more bumpy than I recalled ... some thought it was bumpier ... some didn't ... just saw this on FB ...

Is T1 due for a resurface ... do they need to fix the subbase ... is there anything that can be done about it that won't cost a billion dollars ...

[Other than going slower and getting my suspension properly setup?]

Spent a large amount of time yesterday in green looking for "the smoothest line" through there ... whilst dodging guys on postie bikes delivering the mail. Every now and then would find something half reasonable - but couldn't consistently hit it.

chubb
05-01-2014, 06:05 PM
To be honest I don't notice the bumps much.

I know they are there but I try to stay as relaxed on the bike as much as possible.

That said if they want a vote to resurface the track count me in.

I like bump free tracks!

Carl-52
05-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Hey Phat3R i was chasing you for abit on the on saturday (Fluoro yellow and black R6 - all white leathers) !!! Was fun as i was following Nelso :) I Changed from the standard R6 seat to Dad's special race seat and i felt a MASSIVE increase in the severity of the bumbs around turn 1. I cant tell if they are getting worse but they are definately very harsh.

Rusty
05-01-2014, 06:57 PM
I don't think the bumps at turn 1 are any worse. After making a minor change to my suspension in the front end I actually found turn 1 to be even better. If I run a tad off line I do find it bumpier, but if I get the right line it's fairly smooth and I have no issues and can drive out fairly early and hard. That's doing about 2.05's on the full circuit too, :boink:.

Phat3R
05-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Hey Phat3R i was chasing you for abit on the on saturday (Fluoro yellow and black R6 - all white leathers) !!! Was fun as i was following Nelso :) I Changed from the standard R6 seat to Dad's special race seat and i felt a MASSIVE increase in the severity of the bumbs around turn 1. I cant tell if they are getting worse but they are definately very harsh.

Hi Carl,

Mate you two wouldn't have been chasing me for long ... :) You guys were flying out there! I recall Nelso blasting past me T11 in the last session, I think I blocked him in T6, heard the bike just as I was turning in - woops!

Very interesting observation re the seat. I've got a stocker and I can feel the entire rear skipping through there ... but I've 'kinda' got use to it ... my current "self confidence trick" is to try and get the bike turned in so that I'm rolling on throttle as I hit the worst of the bumps ... I've got a nasty feeling that if I was still loading up the front as I hit the worst it could all go pear shaped. Had a couple of incidents through T1 with slower riders that day requiring me to roll off the throttle and once having to brake ... the effects were very unpleasant when hitting those damn bumps.

I suspect those that are not feeling the bumps have their suspension really dialed in, something I should really look into. Marshy ... have you got time to look at an old gixxer? :)

Marshy
05-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Marshy ... have you got time to look at an old gixxer? :)

Always, mate. Actually, now is a pretty good time, seeing as I'm spending soooo much time in the garage rolling around on my Supercheap stools, keeping the weight off my feet!

Phat3R
05-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Always, mate. Actually, now is a pretty good time, seeing as I'm spending soooo much time in the garage rolling around on my Supercheap stools, keeping the weight off my feet!

I'll be in touch Nick.

Nelso
05-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi Carl,

Mate you two wouldn't have been chasing me for long ... :) You guys were flying out there! I recall Nelso blasting past me T11 in the last session, I think I blocked him in T6, heard the bike just as I was turning in - woops!

Very interesting observation re the seat. I've got a stocker and I can feel the entire rear skipping through there ... but I've 'kinda' got use to it ... my current "self confidence trick" is to try and get the bike turned in so that I'm rolling on throttle as I hit the worst of the bumps ... I've got a nasty feeling that if I was still loading up the front as I hit the worst it could all go pear shaped. Had a couple of incidents through T1 with slower riders that day requiring me to roll off the throttle and once having to brake ... the effects were very unpleasant when hitting those damn bumps.

I suspect those that are not feeling the bumps have their suspension really dialed in, something I should really look into. Marshy ... have you got time to look at an old gixxer? :)

I came up the out side of you through turn 5 to say hello and then you accelerated and took off up the hill.:laugh: I stayed next to you to see if you'd recognise me and actually laughed when you braked so late for turn 6. I thought for a split second about shooting around the outside of you between 6 and 7 for a bit of a stir, but I was only out there to show Carl some lines so I thought I better not blast past you and leave him behind through the tight stuff.

You also take way too tight a line into turn 11. If you turn in from out wider, you can take that corner much faster.;)

Nelso
05-01-2014, 09:45 PM
I posted up a while ago that I thought T1GP/T1BR ;) was significantly more bumpy than I recalled ... some thought it was bumpier ... some didn't ... just saw this on FB ...

Is T1 due for a resurface ... do they need to fix the subbase ... is there anything that can be done about it that won't cost a billion dollars ...

[Other than going slower and getting my suspension properly setup?]

Spent a large amount of time yesterday in green looking for "the smoothest line" through there ... whilst dodging guys on postie bikes delivering the mail. Every now and then would find something half reasonable - but couldn't consistently hit it.

Yes, it is definitely bumpier than before and the bumps cover more of the track than they used to so they are harder to miss. The smoothest way is to get on the gas before the bumps, weight the outside peg and just drive through them. Leanne only feels them less than before because we made some significant changes to the bike to get the weight off the front end so it is better balanced and works better now.

senator8
05-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Yeah I didn't notice anything enough to give it a 2nd thought.
I try to keep the bike as upright as possible so I can use maximum power out of it.
See how it feels on the Suzuki at st George.

Saturnalian
06-01-2014, 12:17 AM
I posted up a while ago that I thought T1GP/T1BR ;) . do they need to fix the subbase

I've not really paid much attention to the bumps lately but the audio sounds fine through there. Wouldn't change a thing.

Phat3R
06-01-2014, 08:01 AM
I came up the out side of you through turn 5 to say hello and then you accelerated and took off up the hill. I stayed next to you to see if you'd recognise me and actually laughed when you braked so late for turn 6.

Didn't know it was you untill you went past in T11 ... thort it was the guy I passed earlier that lap trying to retake me under power as I was winding up the gixxer for the hill ... after I didn't get away through the twisties I knew it was one of the fast guys ... was waiting for the blast past on the inside. If I recall correctly we caught a gaggle of yellow group riders through there too.

You also take way too tight a line into turn 11. If you turn in from out wider, you can take that corner much faster.;)

Thx for the beta Rob, I'll try that wider line through there ... hope to be back for the ARDC practice day. :happy:

shippy__
06-01-2014, 02:38 PM
I was probaly one of those slower riders in green on sunday but what do you do ? I have spent the last 4 td's in yellow constantly being slowed by slower riders with only the last session of each day giving me clean air how can you progress ?

at the end of yesterday day I was overtaking occasionally, I progressed more yesterday than I have any other day

I found 10sec yesterday

Marshy
06-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Always move to a higher group, rather than being one of the fastest riders in a lower group. Otherwise you are just practicing going slower....

Tristan
06-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Agree totally I was very comfortable cruising around in green most of the time at the front. Now in red I have people to chase lol so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Nelso
06-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Always move to a higher group, rather than being one of the fastest riders in a lower group. Otherwise you are just practicing going slower....

It is good practice for passing lapped riders.:wacko: