PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Liamo
05-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Not long home now from what was supposed to be a two day track day at Phillip Island. Speaking with Simon while I was down there. He let me know about this new forum group.

Many may know that I am a member of St George as a D Grade 600 Clubsport hack. I was hoping to get a few more laps in at PI, but I made one mistake at the end of day 1 entering the hayshed. Patched this mess together for day 2, but once I came back in from session 4, my first, for a shakedown, the bike was still leaking coolant.

Been surviving on Voltarin for the last 3 days. Bit of work ahead now to turn this around for the opening round at Eastern Creek 1 February 2014.

Anywho. Enough about me and my inability to adequately control a race bike.

See you all in 4 weeks.

Kind Regards

Liam

Little Mick
05-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Welcome liamo.. bummer about the crash mate..

hopefully not too much to fix!

Cheers

Little Mick

Marshy
05-01-2014, 03:00 PM
G'day Liam, glad you could join us here! If you need a hand with fixing the bike, just let me know..... :thumb:

There's a few of us sporting injuries (bike and person) that are busy rushing to be ready for round 1.

chubb
05-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Hey Liam

sorry to hear about the crash.

BoB
05-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Welcome aboard liam. Heal quick
What was the cause of the coolant leak?

Let us know if you get stuck and need any bits .

Rob

Phat3R
05-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Hi Liam,

Sorry to hear ... that's a long way from home.

What's your bike, can't make out from the picture. Post up some shots on this thread as you put it back together. And sing out if you need a hand, people here have bits for all sorts of shit squirreled away. :thumb:

chubb
05-01-2014, 04:56 PM
suzuki riders cant recognise honda bikes..

Phat3R
05-01-2014, 05:46 PM
suzuki riders cant recognise honda bikes..

My first guess was a Harley ... lucky I didn't say anything ... Doh! :)

dan
06-01-2014, 08:50 AM
G'day Liam, glad you could join us here! If you need a hand with fixing the bike, just let me know..... :thumb:

There's a few of us sporting injuries (bike and person) that are busy rushing to be ready for round 1.

And ego. Don't forget ego.

Liamo
06-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the offers of help and support.

This is my 2007 Honda CBR600RR race bike.

The coolant leak was caused by the aluminium water pump feed pipe getting squashed in the crash.
I tried to round it out with a screwdriver and then a socket.
Only session on Friday, day 2, and the bike felt alright, but when I came back in there was a pool under the bike and a trail leading in.

Day off tomorrow. Out to Hawkesbury Honda with my list of broken bits.
Stressing that Racers Edge dont return from holidays until next week, but if it comes to it I may have to attempt repair myself. Im shit at fibreglass.

All part of the learning curve I have conceded. Everyone seems to think that I got away with it rather lightly considering I left the track at about 150kph.

I am determined to be ready for round 1.

senator8
06-01-2014, 05:14 PM
like ^^^ gday Liam

chubb
06-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes lots of stress and work!!! Hope you get it all sorted!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

BoB
06-01-2014, 07:22 PM
If you get stuck for fairings im sure I have something that will get you ready for st george.

Stu23
06-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Im great at fibre glassing Liam.... just don't ask how I got so good !

Rusty
06-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Glad your ok Liam and the bike's not too bad either by the looks of it. Hope you get it ready for the 1st St George Round. Don't forget to put water in the radiator, not coolant, when you fix it for racing.