PDA

View Full Version : 3rd EVER and final trackday in 2013 Progress report

Carl-52
20-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Sooo (sing in 12 days of christmas tune)......
On my third day of trackdays, my r6 gave to me, one used up tyre, two false neutrals, and a KNEE DOWN on turn 3.... also 2, 5 and 10 and 18, a crash at turn one (at 1km/h) and a very very happy chappy... :)

Seriously though, best day ever... Even though i dropped the bike (absolutely no damage!!!!!!!!) i got my body position just right, lines are flowing and smooth and i even got to follow both Greg Zacconne and Mark Weaver... I even passed Weavle on Wade Lewis' "goof" HAHA it didnt last for long :P

Time to move up to green group seeing as though the guys in yellow were holding me up abit and i GOT MY KNEE DOWN!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!! 3rd trackday EVER!! and i got a knee down around 2, 5, 10 and 18. Never would have thought i would have been here after 3 trackdays..... STOKED!!!! Cheers Stu23!!!!!

:dance: :faint2: :smokin: :rockon: :flame:

:eyebrows: Carl-52 over and out..... :bolt:

DisPlaCeD
20-12-2013, 07:39 PM
A crash at T1 going 1km/h? :wacko: I'm sorry... but what? lol Further explanation please...P.S. :roll: thumbs up for the rest!

Carl-52
20-12-2013, 07:51 PM
well, im going full throttle to the 150 mark now, so i backed off the gas and went to drop it into 5th gear and i got a false neutral!!!! (was wearing dads old Gaerne boots and i couldnt feel the gear lever as much as my other now broken boots). So i tried to get it back into 6th to make the corner and when i let the clutch out it locked up the rear..... so i pulled the clutch in and decided i would do a bit of grass tracking straight off the track. Managed to stop the bike Juuuuust before the first gravel trap and just as i was turning the bike the rear dropped into the gravel whilst the dash read 1km/h. i then promptly fell on my arse but kept the bike from hitting the deck hard. Ran over to the wall and sat out the last 4 laps. Received Cheers and applause from the other staff guys when i returned!!!

chubb
20-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Well done mate!!

Mark and Greg shoulda been in red

Carl-52
20-12-2013, 08:50 PM
they dropped down for a giggle, Mark to try Wade's goof and Greg to follow me for a bit :)

Marshy
20-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Top stuff Carl!! Embarrassing the fast boys! ;)

Little Mick
21-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Im so glad I wasn't out there Carl :) :thumb: you would have made me feel old and slow... oh wait....:redface:

Well done on getting it together!

chubb
21-12-2013, 09:53 AM
like I said soon you'll be gridding up next to us!

senator8
21-12-2013, 10:38 AM
like I said soon you'll be gridding up next to us!

Chubb, you're not allowed to run in novice races anymore......

Stu23
21-12-2013, 04:44 PM
at least another session in yellow , then we can think about moving again..... lines , body position, and the pace will come, were not in a rush ;)

Marshy
21-12-2013, 05:37 PM
at least another session in yellow , then we can think about moving again..... lines , body position, and the pace will come, were not in a rush ;)

Bah, you're such a DAD, Stu! Let the boy have a run in the faster groups. It will be better for his riding.

Stu23
21-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Hahahahahaha hmmm if im still around ill remind you of this in say oooh another 10 or so years lol. Only 1 or 2 more in yellow to make sure all is good then onto scarey green group !

Little Mick
21-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Hahahahahaha hmmm if im still around ill remind you of this in say oooh another 10 or so years lol. Only 1 or 2 more in yellow to make sure all is good then onto scarey green group !

+1!!!! use yellow to practice overtaking... very valuable for racing ;)

Mr.Ed
21-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Dammit... I'm not even a dad (knock on wood) and I have to admit I agree with the elderly above. Don't rush it, learn as much as you can from each group (except white where all you learn is that there's a lot of ppl who shouldn't own bike) and you'll be fine, mate.

A wise man once said "you don't get faster by moving up, you move up because you got faster"**

**that wise man was me... thank you very much, peeps.

Little Mick
22-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Dammit... I'm not even a dad (knock on wood) :preggers:

and I have to admit I agree with the elderly above. Don't rush it, learn as much as you can from each group (except white where all you learn is that there's a lot of ppl who shouldn't own bike) and you'll be fine, mate.
:help: :frusty:

A wise man once said "you don't get faster by moving up, you move up because you got faster"**

**that wise man was me... thank you very much, peeps.

:hail:

Marshy
22-12-2013, 07:43 AM
I agree with the elderly above.

http://files.sharenator.com/funny_celebrity_pictures_i_see_what_you_did_there-s500x375-256933-580.jpg