PDA

View Full Version : The Rez-Erection - K3 GSXR600 Rebuild

dan
13-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Seems to be the season for rebuilds so here is where I'll be putting up the progress of mine. Since the crash I've been flat out, both figuratively and literally, so I've been unable to get to the workshop to start fixing my baby up.

I have, however, been spending too my time and money on eBay and FX classifieds so I have been collecting parts. In my OxyContin daze I decided that USD forks would be pretty cool and upon discovering 2003-2004 forks bolt straight in I set about sorting some out. $71 later I had forks from eBay. Went out to pick them up and old mate also had a master cylinder and calipers so I handed over another $70 and got the lot. One of the fork caps was buggered though so I ended up at Metros and for $95 got the full cartridge and spring to swap straight in. They didn't come with a top clamp but found a full triple clamp set in the states and bought that for $120 delivered.

So here I am now in the workshop pulling the front end apart and hit a road block. What is the best way to hold the bike up while I pull the current triple clamps off and mock fit the new ones? Obviously my head stand will prevent the removal of the lowers so I'm guessing I have to suspend the front from something fairly solid to hold the weight of the bike. Any backyard solutions that could be recommended for use with a moonboot?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/13/u7emybug.jpg

Marshy
13-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Cool, another build thread!! Sounds tricky, which I always like.

Any backyard solutions that could be recommended for use with a moonboot?

Yep, car stands under the stator and clutch covers, or thereabouts (or depending on the weight distribution of the bike and rearset positions, you can occasionally use stands under the footpegs). Car stands are heaps easier than suspending the bike from the rafters, which is another way to do it for people with more movement than us....

Medic!
13-12-2013, 04:54 PM
I strap mine to a cross member in the garage roof via the frame. It's an old garage so nice strong hardwood.

KANGA
14-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Any backyard solutions that could be recommended for use with a moonboot?
Give me a buzz if you need a hand with any lifting and I'll walk on over. Mechanical stuff call anyone but me though lol.

dan
14-12-2013, 07:55 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/3abure2a.jpg

Hello pretty girl, nice pins!

dan
14-12-2013, 08:04 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/erasuhet.jpg

I'm in love. Quick question. There is a little bit of pitting around the very bottom of the sliders what is the best way to clean these up without making a mess of them.

Also, fork oil. I have some 10w here. I'm not sure on recommendations for these will that perform well or do I want to be using 5w?

BoB
14-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Nice sexy gold bits :cool:

dan
14-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Nice sexy gold bits :cool:

Fit like a glove!

Marshy
14-12-2013, 10:42 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/erasuhet.jpg

Also, fork oil. I have some 10w here. I'm not sure on recommendations for these will that perform well or do I want to be using 5w?

Ooo la la! Sexxxxxy!!

Oil viscosity requirements depends on the valving, among other things. 5w would be more normal for modern carts such as in those fork legs. Heavier oil tends to be for the older forks with less damping and adjustability. But it's not gonna be awful with 10w.

Saturnalian
15-12-2013, 06:43 PM

Okay matey. Time to start weaning yourself off the meds me thinks

Phat3R
15-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Quick question. There is a little bit of pitting around the very bottom of the sliders what is the best way to clean these up without making a mess of them.
Sliders ... do you mean pitting on the forks ... can we get a closeup photo?

Marty
15-12-2013, 09:18 PM
I use a block & tackle on the roof with a strap through the frame off the bike.

I've seen people use just ratchet straps that's pretty ghetto but works

Phat3R
15-12-2013, 10:02 PM

Ohh ... a naked Gixxer ... hello ... I do love your bouncy bits.

dan
13-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Just a bit of an update. There is a little damage to one of the outer tubes on the 1000 forks so in the interest of getting her ready for Jan 27 I decided to put the old forks back on.

I doubt the oil in these had ever been changed so I crossed my fingers and dove into the wild, wild world of suspension; and I'm pleased to say it wasn't very scary.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/vusa3y3e.jpg

Here is the oil that came out. It had the viscosity of water.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/ugu2yse3.jpg

Got a nice surprise when I discovered how much oil was still inside the valves.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/vapequ3u.jpg

All laid out in my make shift fork workshop

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/7ypu2azu.jpg

Speaking of makeshift - here is my fork clamp

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/yhe9ezas.jpg

Cleaned up, topped up and back on.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/ymateqym.jpg

Got a new tank for something like $140 delivered.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/a3esyqa4.jpg

After a bit of the old hammer / screwdriver combo I'd busted the old lock off and installed a China EBay limited edition race spec motogp a+++++ fuel tank cap.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/yjuvyqe6.jpg

Had some grippier pegs in the workshop so bolted them in.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/ma3y5umy.jpg

Got some actual k3 600 fairings so next job is to see how they mount compared to the k3 1000 ones I had on it before. Those 1000 fairing will be going onto my SRAD 600 as she evolves from daily rider to spare race bike - getting all the hand-me-downs from the k3. So many of the parts are interchangeable which is nice ($$$).

Fairings, tank etc etc won't be painted for jan 27. I'd be happy just to get it (and me) out there to do some laps and cross my fingers there aren't any mechanical issues that don't present themselves till 12,000rpm in 6th...

Marshy
13-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Nice write up!!!

dan
13-01-2014, 11:24 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/yza5y3yg.jpg

Close up of the sticker on the new tank haha

Phat3R
13-01-2014, 01:08 PM
You don't need better bouncy bits ... you are more than fast enuf as it was ... just pop the old airated oil mix back in please. :-)

PS I'll bet you have no problem staying infront of me even with all my new fancy pants bits and bobs!

PPS That workshop manual looks very familiar ... :-)

Phat3R
13-01-2014, 01:09 PM
I use a block & tackle on the roof with a strap through the frame off the bike.

I've seen people use just ratchet straps that's pretty ghetto but works

Soundz kinky ... I like ...

dan
13-01-2014, 02:16 PM
You don't need better bouncy bits ... you are more than fast enuf as it was ... just pop the old airated oil mix back in please. :-)

PS I'll bet you have no problem staying infront of me even with all my new fancy pants bits and bobs!

PPS That workshop manual looks very familiar ... :-)

You can use my old super fast fork oil if you want ??????

dan
13-01-2014, 02:17 PM
It'll go well with your power commander and quick shifter (cheater) haha

dan
14-01-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm going to need some mounts welded onto the subframe to bolt my seat onto (broke off in crash). Does anyone here do that kind of thing?

Phat3R
14-01-2014, 08:34 PM
It'll go well with your power commander and quick shifter (cheater) haha

1/2 cheater ... it' still not an R6 ...

Got to go & pick up my 1.10 RaceTech fork springs from PO tomorrow and drop them off at Nicks. I can't wait for 26th to see what real suspension feels like through T1.

(Shock Treatment rang me back on Mon to say they didn't have 1.05 fork springs ... 1.00 or 1.1 ... and as I'm 98kg thort it was best to round up rather than down ;) )

dan
14-01-2014, 08:40 PM
How much are they worth? I think I'm .95 (using the old internet shock weight calculator- what ever that's worth...)

dan
14-01-2014, 08:42 PM
I think I'll also need a k3 600 fairing stay. Old mate who owned my bike before just lopped the top off the original one and ran with no upper support on the fairings. Will see if it will support the 600 fairings. Doesn't seem like a terrible idea though - didn't seen to make any difference and one less thing to break if / when you come off. Found China eBay specials for $60 though!

dan
14-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Can't get delivery till early feb so might have go out on the 27th without. Fuck it's coming up quick!

Phat3R
14-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Can't get delivery till early feb so might have go out on the 27th without. Fuck it's coming up quick!

I've got one in storage that you can have ... very slightly bent, just needs a little heat ... I ordered two of the farkers off eBay two months ago ... still not here ... :(

dan
14-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Cheers mate! I'll fill my zippo up haha

dan
14-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Did you order the china / Hong Kong ones?

Phat3R
14-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Cheers mate! I'll fill my zippo up haha

LOL ...

Just needs little heat to bend LHS back 1cm ... standard plumbers brazing blow torch would do it ...

I'll go and grab it from storage tomorrow.

Phat3R
14-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Did you order the china / Hong Kong ones?

Yup ... been waiting since Nov ... being an optimist I ordered 2 of them ... got in touch with them two days ago and they say returned. Want me to find out what the PO did or didn't do before they consider resending ... NOT happy Jan. But eBay clip ons arrived within a week ... look and feel fine.

At $60 +P&H they are half the price of a second hand one from the wreckers ... assuming you can find one ... last one cost me over $200 to get it delivered next day so I could make St George. Another wrecker I was counting on called 4 days after the order was in to say he now didn't have the right part and sorry.

Marshy
14-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Got to go & pick up my 1.10 RaceTech fork springs from PO tomorrow and drop them off at Nicks. I can't wait for 26th to see what real suspension feels like through T1.

(Shock Treatment rang me back on Mon to say they didn't have 1.05 fork springs ... 1.00 or 1.1 ... and as I'm 98kg thort it was best to round up rather than down ;) )

I'm now ready for the springs, so hurry up ;) Fully rebuilt your rear shock today, and what a sorry mess the oil was in!! Brown, disgusting colour filled with nitrogen, so looked waaay more bubbly than champagne. Far out; what a pain to pull apart because it's been so long (ever?) and everything was bound up tight. Checked everything carefully for wear, ensured the valving was all good, refilled it with top-of-the-line shock oil, and regassed it. You will actually have proper damping now! It feels awesome.

I also finished fully disassembling your forks (you saw the state of the oil in them already), checked everything (bushes, tubes, valving, cartridges), changed the fork seals, and reassembled them up to needing springs. Apart from the oil, they were actually really pretty good inside. Normal wear on the bushes, within tolerances, but otherwise in good condition for their age.

While I was in a 'suspension' mood, I also built Spilly a kick-ass rear shock for the R6 - revalved and resprung with Ohlins. Keen for him to try it out at one of the upcoming track days....

Looooong day today! Just finished now.

Phat3R
14-01-2014, 11:47 PM
I'm now ready for the springs, so hurry up ;) Fully rebuilt your rear shock today, and what a sorry mess the oil was in!! Brown, disgusting colour filled with nitrogen, so looked waaay more bubbly than champagne. Far out; what a pain to pull apart because it's been so long (ever?) and everything was bound up tight. Checked everything carefully for wear, ensured the valving was all good, refilled it with top-of-the-line shock oil, and regassed it. You will actually have proper damping now! It feels awesome.

I also finished fully disassembling your forks (you saw the state of the oil in them already), checked everything (bushes, tubes, valving, cartridges), changed the fork seals, and reassembled them up to needing springs. Apart from the oil, they were actually really pretty good inside. Normal wear on the bushes, within tolerances, but otherwise in good condition for their age.

While I was in a 'suspension' mood, I also built Spilly a kick-ass rear shock for the R6 - revalved and resprung with Ohlins. Keen for him to try it out at one of the upcoming track days....

Looooong day today! Just finished now.

Nick you are a champion !!! :first:

I doubt either end has ever been serviced. I am so looking forward to riding the new fixed bouncy bits bike I booked 27th as well as the already booked 26th. :dance: T1's going to feel way different ...

I have day off tomorrow, was going to pickup package from PO in morning ... what's best time that suits to come round in arvo / evening ... going to be easier for two to put some of it back together?

I'll give you a call tomorrow & I'll bring some cash for a progress payment !!! ... :)

Phat3R
14-01-2014, 11:55 PM
How much are they worth? I think I'm .95 (using the old internet shock weight calculator- what ever that's worth...)

$169 ... Grant suggested to use 1.2's for my 'weight problem', but after a long chat with Marshy I agree I want to transition slowwwwwwly to a harder spring from the current light stock ... so once I get use to these 1.1's might slowly increase further as/if I up my lap pace ... or not if I really like. I can see a lot of experimentation to get the feel you want ... but need a proper baseline which now possible. I can see I'm going to need to ship the bike to WA to keep playing / testing. One day I might even have some idea what I'm doing :-)

dan
15-01-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm at that same stage chasing a baseline as well. I'll have a bash at setting this up by the book and go from there. Going to have to suss my rear as well; can only assume it's as ragged as the forks were :(

dan
15-01-2014, 12:26 AM
LOL ...

Just needs little heat to bend LHS back 1cm ... standard plumbers brazing blow torch would do it ...

I'll go and grab it from storage tomorrow.

Legend!

Marshy
15-01-2014, 07:11 AM
I'm at that same stage chasing a baseline as well. I'll have a bash at setting this up by the book and go from there. Going to have to suss my rear as well; can only assume it's as ragged as the forks were :(

Dan, if you wanna pop over and work on the rear shock, I'm happy to give you a hand :thumb:

BoB
15-01-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm going to need some mounts welded onto the subframe to bolt my seat onto (broke off in crash). Does anyone here do that kind of thing?

I can do it if its steel but would guess its aluminium . If it is aluminium then laurie alderton at smithfield who straightens frames and wheels does aluminium welding.

Phat3R
15-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Legend!

I'll drop it off at Marshy's when I am over today.

Medic!
15-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Must be some engineering workshops in the yellow pages closer to you that could do a little job like that.

dan
15-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Must be some engineering workshops in the yellow pages closer to you that could do a little job like that.

Probably is just thought I'd suss the old TT resources first.

The dude in the workshop next to mine might even be able to help me. Will ask tonight.

dan
15-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Dan, if you wanna pop over and work on the rear shock, I'm happy to give you a hand :thumb:

That would be great. You around this weekend?

Marshy
16-01-2014, 12:29 AM
That would be great. You around this weekend?

Yeah mate, just call first, but should be around all weekend :thumb:

dan
16-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Had a bit of trouble trying to unbolt the rear shock but finally after a bit of persuasion got it out. The problem was, i didn't have the bike supported properly and the rear collapsed onto my hand. Lucky my mate was there working on a bike with his dad and they were able to lift it off. Hand got trapped between the swingarm and the subframe. Not broken but pretty sore. This bloody bike haha

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/15/ygaqypu6.jpg

Success!

dan
16-01-2014, 01:30 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/15/yvyzasa5.jpg

Also pulled apart the gsxr1000 forks I have to inspect the damage on the inside of the outer tube of one of the legs. There is definitely a dent protruding but it is way up the top of the tube. Obviously one would need to see it to give a proper judgement but generally speaking is this a problem? I would say it is an 30mm from the top of the tube.

dan
16-01-2014, 01:33 AM
Might bring them over with me on the weekend Marshy for a second opinion. Can't wait to get them on. Love the gold stuff.

Phat3R
16-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Dan I dropped off the old front fairing stay at Marshy's, grab it when you are over there.

No cheating and getting a QS. :)

Phat3R
16-01-2014, 06:49 AM
Had a bit of trouble trying to unbolt the rear shock but finally after a bit of persuasion got it out. The problem was, i didn't have the bike supported properly and the rear collapsed onto my hand. Lucky my mate was there working on a bike with his dad and they were able to lift it off. Hand got trapped between the swingarm and the subframe. Not broken but pretty sore. This bloody bike haha

That's best done as a two man job. Getting it out AND back in. Hope you're OK?

Marshy
16-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Also pulled apart the gsxr1000 forks I have to inspect the damage on the inside of the outer tube of one of the legs. There is definitely a dent protruding but it is way up the top of the tube. Obviously one would need to see it to give a proper judgement but generally speaking is this a problem? I would say it is an 30mm from the top of the tube.

As you describe it, no it's probably not a problem. There are two things to consider:

1. Does it inhibit or interfere with any moving parts within the fork? How far does it intrude (ie how deep is the dent) and does it touch on anything inside the fork? If it is above all the moving parts (spring and cartridge) and in line with the spring spacer, then it's possibly ok, assuming it's not touching the spacer and shaving off little bits of white plastic into the fork oil over every bump.

2. Is it indicative of more damage to the tube (ie is the tube still straight overall)? A bent tube will cause all sorts of grief with every other component pretty quickly and will need to be fixed or replaced before use.

Bring it with you. Also bring the rest of the fork (innards and lower), so that we can line them up etc.

Saturnalian
16-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Dan,

if you don't want to go see the best in the biz (Laurie Alderton) give my mate Jarod a call at Alsop engineering.
He builds amazing custom shit for me all the time and works with all metal.
They're in Alexandria, near TDC.

http://www.alsopengineering.com.au
2/17-21 Bowden St, Alexandria NSW 2015
(02) 9699 0083

BTW, Soundwave isn't a tour, it's a Rock n' Roll picnic and you know it.

J.

dan
16-01-2014, 11:53 AM
As you describe it, no it's probably not a problem. There are two things to consider:

1. Does it inhibit or interfere with any moving parts within the fork? How far does it intrude (ie how deep is the dent) and does it touch on anything inside the fork? If it is above all the moving parts (spring and cartridge) and in line with the spring spacer, then it's possibly ok, assuming it's not touching the spacer and shaving off little bits of white plastic into the fork oil over every bump.

2. Is it indicative of more damage to the tube (ie is the tube still straight overall)? A bent tube will cause all sorts of grief with every other component pretty quickly and will need to be fixed or replaced before use.

Bring it with you. Also bring the rest of the fork (innards and lower), so that we can line them up etc.

It's probably a third of the way down the spring spacer so isn't in line with any of the moving parts. The intrusion is only a couple of mills so doesn't appear that it will hit the spacer.
After I realised this my concern was tube strength. I'll bring it over would like to know what you think.

dan
16-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Dan,

if you don't want to go see the best in the biz (Laurie Alderton) give my mate Jarod a call at Alsop engineering.
He builds amazing custom shit for me all the time and works with all metal.
They're in Alexandria, near TDC.

http://www.alsopengineering.com.au
2/17-21 Bowden St, Alexandria NSW 2015
(02) 9699 0083

BTW, Soundwave isn't a tour, it's a Rock n' Roll picnic and you know it.

J.

Cheers mate, I'll give him a buzz.

Haha rock and roll picnic. When you've got a good group and your gear truck doesn't get stuck in floodwater (2013) it can be a charm. Such a good group of people though and everything manages to work in the end. Looking forward to it!

dan
16-01-2014, 12:03 PM
That's best done as a two man job. Getting it out AND back in. Hope you're OK?

Bit swollen but it'll be alright. Put some ice on it and then got back to work. Pulled the street fairings and the end of the subframe off the 99 last night and started moving the rectifier and the other electrics on board. Seeing the k3 and the 99 stripped I couldn't believe how much lower the SRAD seat was. Trying to fit my old race fairings (k3/4 gsxr1000) onto the 99. All the mount points are way off so going to have to think about this and see what I can bodge up to get through the 27th.

Phat3R
16-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Bit swollen but it'll be alright. Put some ice on it and then got back to work. Pulled the street fairings and the end of the subframe off the 99 last night and started moving the rectifier and the other electrics on board. Seeing the k3 and the 99 stripped I couldn't believe how much lower the SRAD seat was. Trying to fit my old race fairings (k3/4 gsxr1000) onto the 99. All the mount points are way off so going to have to think about this and see what I can bodge up to get through the 27th.

I have 4/5 sets of GSXR600 K1 fairings in varying states ... if you want something from my fibreglass collection let me know? Won't need anything whilst in WA. The HK fairing stays are going to try for redlivery ... another month ... :(

dan
16-01-2014, 04:44 PM
I have 4/5 sets of GSXR600 K1 fairings in varying states ... if you want something from my fibreglass collection let me know? Won't need anything whilst in WA. The HK fairing stays are going to try for redlivery ... another month ... :(

If you have an upper fairing I could use that would be delightful. I have two bellies and two tails but just the one upper.

Bummer about the stays :(

Phat3R
16-01-2014, 05:29 PM
If you have an upper fairing I could use that would be delightful. I have two bellies and two tails but just the one upper.

Bummer about the stays :(

I think the uppers and lowers typically need to be from the same manufacturer to match up (not just holes, but shape)??? Who's the manufacturer of the belly? I'm running out of tails ... for some reason they get busted up the worst! You might want to bring a belly to the lockup (Kennards @ Miranda) and go through 'the collection' to see what fits? Kinda like Cinderella, but with fibreglass instead of glass :), PM me and we can work out a time, this Sat AM works before I go to Marshy with the new sprockets?

Yeah lets not talk about the stays ... useless / lazy courier SOBs!

dan
16-01-2014, 06:41 PM
I think the uppers and lowers typically need to be from the same manufacturer to match up (not just holes, but shape)??? Who's the manufacturer of the belly? I'm running out of tails ... for some reason they get busted up the worst! You might want to bring a belly to the lockup (Kennards @ Miranda) and go through 'the collection' to see what fits? Kinda like Cinderella, but with fibreglass instead of glass :), PM me and we can work out a time, this Sat AM works before I go to Marshy with the new sprockets?

Yeah lets not talk about the stays ... useless / lazy courier SOBs!

That makes sense. Saturday should be ok I'll be in touch. Thanks!

dan
19-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Spent the afternoon playing with the SRAD 600 and after a bit of messing around managed to get my old k3 1000 fairings to fit. So I officially have a second track bike now. Lucky, not sure I'm going to have time to get the necessary brackets welded up to fit the fairings on the K3 600.

I removed the back part of the subframe, trimmed the plastic and remounted all the electrics inboard as they used to sit on the outside under the bulbous tail section of the SRAD. Also welded some brackets to accommodate the different mounting points of the K3 tail. Had to get creative with the front fairing drilling a bunch of new holes and cutting back the area around the frame sliders.

Changed the stock pads to SBS sintered and will do all the fluids this week. Got some NTECs to throw on her as well. I have a dynojet kit that will be installed when I have a bit more time. Will pick up a 15T front as it's running stock gearing at the moment and the old girl could use a little more punch out of corners.

I've always enjoyed riding this one - bought it back in 2005 and was my first four stroke sports bike. Won't be setting any lap records but I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do with proper tyres, better gearing and better brakes.

Hopefully I'll get the K3 ready and be able to bring them both out.

senator8
20-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Go the SRAD ;)

dan
20-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Go the SRAD ;)

You know it! I'd still love to put SRAD race fairings on it - if you hear of anything going around the PCRA circles let me know.

senator8
20-01-2014, 08:44 PM
In the next couple of months I'll have a full, hardly used freshly painted set for around $500

dan
25-01-2014, 03:15 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/25/8uma6ega.jpg

New helmet arrived just in time

Mr.Ed
25-01-2014, 03:34 PM
That matches Nick's new paint job very well!

Marshy
25-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Nice!! :thumb:

dan
25-01-2014, 04:18 PM
That matches Nick's new paint job very well!

Funny you should say that... one of my favourite helmets of all time is Kevin Schwantz's on his Pepsi Suzuki. The white, blue and red with the dark-as-midnight visor. I always thought it looked SO cool. I've been wanting a similar vibe for years. Now I just need his bike - Schwantz's, or Marshys haha

dan
26-01-2014, 03:25 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/uha6e9e9.jpg

Here is the SRAD ready to roll. Bit of a sheep in Wolf's clothing draped in the K4 gsxr1000 fairing. Now running k3 600 forks and calipers and k4 gsxr1000 MC w/ braided lines up front, woodcraft clip ons and shorty levers.

Marshy
26-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Looks good mate. Looking forward to seeing it on track tomorrow.

dan
26-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Looks like my other one!

dan
28-01-2014, 07:47 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/28/uqehy3uz.jpg

First session back after 3 months!

RIP RED LEATHERS

Marshy
28-01-2014, 08:01 PM
I'd be quietly burying the retro tighty-whitey ones at night in an unmarked grave too..... but to each their own I guess. Whatever floats your boat, but you wouldn't have looked out of place on Oxford Street on a Sunday night. Not that there's anything wrong with that! ;)

Phat3R
28-01-2014, 08:06 PM
I'd be quietly burying the retro tighty-whitey ones at night in an unmarked grave too..... but to each their own I guess. Whatever floats your boat, but you wouldn't have looked out of place on Oxford Street on a Sunday night. Not that there's anything wrong with that! ;)

Nick's just jealous! :) I loved the tighty whities ... don't you go a changing Dan ... they will be purrfect for PCRA! :)

senator8
28-01-2014, 08:38 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/28/uqehy3uz.jpg

First session back after 3 months!

RIP RED LEATHERS

Who TF is that? I don't recognise the cohesive colour scheme. Dan, a conformist? I'm in shock :faint:

dan
28-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I love the whitey they were just a little too much on the tightey side. I'm going to keep an eye out for a set of modern white leathers you guys will love it.

Saturnalian
28-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Thought i kept passing a smurf on a stolen Gixxer. It was a little unnerving

dan
28-01-2014, 10:08 PM
I'll make sure next time you don't pass me so you don't have to go through the trauma again haha

dan
28-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Quick question: I ended up using the gsxr1000 master cylinder I had on the 99 so I'm without a MC for the k4 gsxr1000 calipers I have. Found a hyabusa one for a reasonable price in theory would this be a issue putting them together. Hyabusa runs 6 pot calipers so should be pretty decent, right? Wrong?

dan
28-01-2014, 10:17 PM
I think the gsxr1000 MC was the same as the 600 one anyway...

dan
28-01-2014, 10:28 PM
ALSO... Is there any reason I couldn't use, for example, a late model CBR1000 MC? Seems like they are a fair whack cheaper than finding period parts.

Marshy
28-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Quick question: I ended up using the gsxr1000 master cylinder I had on the 99 so I'm without a MC for the k4 gsxr1000 calipers I have. Found a hyabusa one for a reasonable price in theory would this be a issue putting them together. Hyabusa runs 6 pot calipers so should be pretty decent, right? Wrong?

I have one off roughly a K8 (by the looks), if you are interested. It's taking up space....

Edit: also probably a 600/750, again by the look, but I have NFI really. It's just the Nissin that comes on the K7/K8s I've had - I think!

dan
28-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Thought I'd drop a bit of an update in here about where the bike is at. As some would know while I was waiting for some parts to come in I turned my 1999 into a 2nd track / race bike(wet bike? Sounds so professional!)

So last week this is how she was looking

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/28/2yja3y7u.jpg

Very depressing. Neglect, malnutrition, emotional disrepair.

So two big things happened this week. The first was that I got round to Marshy's to pick up my rear shock that he serviced. The second was that the 2004 gsxr1000 fork leg I bought last week arrived so suddenly all the bits can start being hung from the bike again.

Shock went in without any dramas and I figured I may as well install the woodcraft shark fin I had bought off BoB back in November. Couldn't find the instructions but found a YouTube video and worked it out.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/28/y4edegeh.jpg

TBC!

Marshy
28-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Thought I'd drop a bit of an update in here about where the bike is at. As some would know while I was waiting for some parts to come in I turned my 1999 into a 2nd track / race bike(wet bike? Sounds so professional!)

So last week this is how she was looking

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/28/2yja3y7u.jpg

Poor thing! She does look sad and alone.

dan
28-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Yeah pretty depressing.

I forgot to ask the other day has that MC turned up in your garage? Still keen.

Will finish the rest of this off over the weekend.

Negrogrande
29-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Yeah pretty depressing.

I forgot to ask the other day has that MC turned up in your garage? Still keen.

Will finish the rest of this off over the weekend.

I've got a spare you can take mate

dan
29-03-2014, 02:46 PM
I've got a spare you can take mate

That would be great. Where are ya based?

Marshy
29-03-2014, 04:30 PM
I haven't found it yet, but I will have a look later.

dan
31-03-2014, 11:33 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/9a7e4e7a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/apy4u2ev.jpg

As you can imagine, the bits that stuck out from the frame copped a bit of damage. Due to the dents on the pipe I had to rethink the mounts a little otherwise it would bash on the swingarm.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/y5unyteg.jpg

Got around this by getting out the hacksaw and cutting the rear passenger peg off and drilling through the flat area to create a new hole. I will also cut the rear bit off as well to clean it up but this was just mocking it up to see if it would work for now.

I've also reinstalled the rear sets so the back end is done now, more or less, once I tighten everything up.

dan
31-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Yesterday Marshy graciously let me use his very fancy fork spring compressor and we finally got these new (old?) K3 GSXR1000 USD gold babies full of oil and ready to install.

A note on these. Back in November I found a set of forks on eBay for $70. I also picked up calipers and a MC off the dude for another $70. Bargain right? Well, not quite.

They didn't come with top triples so I ended up having to buy another full set of upper and lowers ($120). One of the fork caps was damaged and it ended up being cheaper getting thr full internal than trying to find a replacement ($95 from Metros). One of the fork legs was also dented slightly that prevented full stroke of the fork tube. After a lot of head scratching wondering if I can heat the area and tap the dent out, in the interest of not weakening the area I bit the bullet and and bought a whole other fork leg from the states ($200, quoted $500 at metros). Need new clip ons as well so another $100 there. I also need to get some 24x10mm spacers made as I'm running 320mm discs and the donor forks are designed for 300mm.

In hindsight it turned out to be a lot of hassle. I better be doing 40s on these otherwise I'll be spewing haha

The good bit though - they look fantastic!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/yvetygu2.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/he6yjede.jpg

dan
31-03-2014, 12:01 PM
With everything off the front end I realised how horrible the standard dash mounts were. The guy I got the bike off basically took a hacksaw to the stock headlight mounts leaving enough meat to bolt the dash too but it looked like a dogs breakfast.

I decided this wouldn't do / couldn't work out how it reattached. For some reason I have a feeling it was zip tied to the fairing stay which is pretty shit.

Found a bit of 25x3mm metal, measured it up and attached it to the bungs where the stock headlights push into.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/abu4e6y3.jpg

Once I had that across I had a heap of freedom where to mount the dash so I lined it up and centred the tacho.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/dedyra6e.jpg

This mount will also allow me to attach any switches or possibly even my lap timer. And it looks cool.

Marshy
31-03-2014, 12:29 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/31/dedyra6e.jpg

This mount will also allow me to attach any switches or possibly even my lap timer. And it looks cool.

Nice!! I'm picturing a row of 'missile launcher' switches.....

dan
31-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Just need to work out what missiles to launch. I got a bar mount switch to try rig up a fan switch but was having trouble getting it to work. Once everything is back together I'll try it again - lots of things unplugged at the moment.

chubb
31-03-2014, 07:12 PM
40s???

Easy :)

Krackeye
31-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Interesting build story Dan.
I run the K5 MC on my K1 and it works a treat, especially with SRJL's.
Be extra careful when you run those 1000 forks for the first time with that dent. I had the same thing when I first got mine but didn't know it was there. The dent was lower than where yours is and restricted the full range of the fork. This caused the fork to be in a constant "twist" and subsequently had the pads rubbing all the time. The over heated brakes then had total fail. Lucky for me it was my first 3 laps on the bike and just went to feather the brakes at the old T10 and found it came to the bar. Glad it wasn't T2.:eek:

dan
31-03-2014, 08:49 PM
I ended up buying an entire spare fork leg as I was worried about the travel and didn't want to risk it bottoming out early. The ones on it are sweet az now.

Negrogrande
01-04-2014, 01:24 PM
That would be great. Where are ya based?

It's at mum's in matraville, I can pick it up next time I'm there, I'm in Surry Hills

dan
01-04-2014, 01:47 PM
It's at mum's in matraville, I can pick it up next time I'm there, I'm in Surry Hills

Thanks mate!

Krackeye
01-04-2014, 02:17 PM
I ended up buying an entire spare fork leg as I was worried about the travel and didn't want to risk it bottoming out early. The ones on it are sweet az now.

Excellent!

Marty
02-04-2014, 08:12 AM
It's coming along nicely Dan

Mr.Ed
02-04-2014, 04:06 PM
missile laucher is a good idea but this what I want on my bike now...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-2-PLAYER-CHROME-EFFECT-ILLUMINATED-ARCADE-START-BUTTON-SET-3-RED-/390429568838?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item5ae76a6f46&_uhb=1

Obviously just one player! hahaha

Marshy
02-04-2014, 05:28 PM
missile laucher is a good idea but this what I want on my bike now...

That's really cool!! ;)

dan
11-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Got a question in regards to making the new 1000 calipers fit with my rotors.

The 1000 came with 300mm discs and my 600 has 320mm so i need four 10mm spacers to make it all work with the radially mounted calipers.

The measurements are for 24mm OD, 10mm ID and 10mm thick.

OBVIOUSLY, ideally I'd get the spacers machined up properly and they'd be perfect and everyone is happy and blah blah blah. However, I'm spending money across 4/5/6 (I cant even remember) race bikes at the moment so where I can I try and avoid having to pay out for custom fab bits.

I started thinking maybe i can just get the same effect with stainless steel washers. Found some that are 1.2mm thick, ID of 10mm but OD of 21mm so they would be 3mm / 1.5mm short on each side. Due to thickness they would also sit either 1mm lower or 1mm higher than the 10mm required.

Is this a terrible idea? My concerns come from 1) reduced OD - although 3mm across 21mm is probably within tolerance but mainly 2) play between washers with 4 or 5 rubbing together may work the bolt loose. I don't think them sitting 1mm higher or lower will really make a difference.

Interested to know people's thoughts. Haven't got a quote on spacers yet but I can probably solve this with the washers for under $5.

Krackeye
11-04-2014, 12:31 PM
It would be sweet fa to get the spacers machined. Toecutter on Rats has the setup you are talking and has the spacers. If you were saving a shit load then it might be a consideration but corners shouldn't be cut when it comes to your anchors me thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan
11-04-2014, 01:18 PM
It would be sweet fa to get the spacers machined. Toecutter on Rats has the setup you are talking and has the spacers. If you were saving a shit load then it might be a consideration but corners shouldn't be cut when it comes to your anchors me thinks.

Yep I hear ya, was just wondering how much corner cutting it actually was. Looks like I've got something sorted and it will be done properly. Can do some massive stoppies now!

dan
07-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Look what Rob very kindly made up for me

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/uzaby9u9.jpg

These were really the final piece in my [mechanical] puzzle. Swung past Coventry today for some bolts and here we are

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/3e9e6usa.jpg

All I need to do now are fairings and I'm ready for St George WP - well, the bike will be ready. Not me. No way.

Rob, you are a bloody legend! Thanks a million xxxxxxxxxxx

Marshy
07-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Works of art, they are!! :thumb:

dan
07-05-2014, 08:55 PM
They are so good, fit perfect! Nicest thing on the bike (apart from me).

Marty
08-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Nothing like a bit of stopping power! Can't wait to see your new rig out on the track

dan
13-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Vesrah pads arrived from the states yesterday. Pads for these calipers are the most expensive thing ever. It runs 4 pads per caliper. Couldn't find any race pads for under $160 then found a dude selling unused ones on eBay and got them for $40 delivered.

KANGA
13-05-2014, 11:03 AM
bargain! good score mate

dan
13-05-2014, 12:54 PM
yeah was pretty happy with that one

dan
28-08-2014, 10:31 AM
It had been a while since I've done some work on this one due to a) my life-shortening World Cup bender and b) when I arrived back to the workshop there was 31 motorcycles crammed in and not much room to actually reach any of them - don't worry Marshy, they weren't all mine haha

With the mechanical all (knock on wood) sorted my next challenge was to mount the fairing. In the Great Highside of 2013 I managed to annihilate the mounts on the subframe and pretty much every other mounting point. Some of this stuff I've covered previously but the top fairing stay mounts had been hacked off as well so I'm kind of starting from scratch here.

The other night I pulled out my new (old) fairings and decided to work this one out. I found two holes in the fairings that looked like they matched up to some threads on the frame, slung a bolt through and played the mock up game. After a bit of head scratching I got the top fairing on and the belly pan mounted up as well.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/28/nyveruge.jpg

The rear was always going to be a problem. I had cut away the dangling mounts and decided a length of metal across the top of the subframe bolted in with the ends angled down should do the trick. So off to bunnings for some 3mm steel, a bit of measuring and a bit of cutting and bending and here I am. I'm going to put some of those threaded rivets though them instead of welding a nut to the back.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/28/8etydu8u.jpg

So here she is kind of most of the way there. My first priority is to get her back on the track then I'll take the fairings off and give them a coat to make it look a little prettier. Realistically there isn't far to go at all for her to be track ready; a few hours probably just need to find those few hours. Then I'll just chuck her down the road again haha

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/28/a7y8aby9.jpg

Marshy
28-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Nice!!

But now, be honest, how many of the 31 bikes are yours? Is it more than 15? 20?? More???

Turbo
28-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Looks great mate! Alsmost ready to race... Like the rest of em?! ;)
You know how much track time you could have had instead of 31 bikes??
:lalala:

Mr.Ed
28-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Nice!!

But now, be honest, how many of the 31 bikes are yours? Is it more than 15? 20?? More???

Looks who's talking... lol

dan
28-08-2014, 02:46 PM
To clarify I don't own 31 bikes they are a mixture of mine, my mate's, my dad's and other people's that are getting fixed up by my mate I share the space with.

I only have like 12 I think. I can't remember.

Mr.Ed
28-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Oh ok... if it's only 12 it's normal! hahaha I had 2, sold one last week... and even the one I still have looks like it might be going too. :pout:

Negrogrande
28-08-2014, 04:07 PM
I want in on that space, it looks awesome. mums garage is getting to cluttered for me

dan
28-08-2014, 04:32 PM
We have to be out at the end of October :(

dan
28-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Might be looking for people to share a future space if you are keen?

dan
29-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Is there a general rule of thumb about how much space you need between your belly pan and the back of the front wheel? Don't want to find out I didn't leave enough braking into T2 :/

Negrogrande
29-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Might be looking for people to share a future space if you are keen?

Super keen, would be goo to get somewhere I can do servicing Front Mount fitting etc on the skoda

dan
30-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Getting closer everyday. Finally got around to using that threaded rivet tool I picked up a few months ago and now I have seat mounts.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/30/8u9ataja.jpg

Took a little off the fibreglass at the front mounting holes and now it is all bolted up. Success!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/30/azyreteh.jpg

The trick now is solving my seat issue. Standard mounts had been ground off (well, cut off in an even more agricultural way than I tackle things) so I need to knock up another solution. Keeping with the threaded rivet theme I'm thinking a few of those into the subframe then just making a metal plate to shape, cover that with foam and bolt it on. Easy, right? Stay tuned!

dan
02-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Having a crack at getting this seat started today. Since I'm starting from scratch I figured first thing I needed was to work out how high it needs to be. Too low and I'm sort of trapped inside the bike and too high I won't have the stability I need. Had a look around the workshop and found this aprilia rs 125 seat I have from another bike. Chucked it on and it felt alright so I marked the height on the tank and will try replicate the shape on my own base.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/hyqedume.jpg

Now I've got to work out how high the base needs to be so hunted around for something within tolerance and my old mate Laphroaig came to the party like he has on many occasions.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/eqetubyd.jpg

The plan is to build a rail running over the subframe that just bolts in with a bit of foam covered aluminium as the seat base. Will rubber mount it on the subframe and fingers crossed everything will be fine. Just booked Sept 14 at EC so I finally have a real deadline. Here we go...

dan
02-09-2014, 01:22 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/6e8y8y7y.jpg

Bit of a mock up before I start drilling and shit. Can't see any problems yet!

Marshy
02-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Top stuff!! :thumb:

dan
02-09-2014, 01:32 PM
As long as the two braces are in line should be a breeze getting the actual base down. Will just have to trim the rubber to size. They will be attached using the threaded rivets into the subfrane

Negrogrande
02-09-2014, 01:47 PM
As long as the two braces are in line should be a breeze getting the actual base down. Will just have to trim the rubber to size. They will be attached using the threaded rivets into the subfrane

can you bring your rivet thinga majig next weekend?

I still need to put an insert in to hold the fairings on

dan
02-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Yep you have to remind me though!

Turbo
02-09-2014, 02:02 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/6e8y8y7y.jpg

Bit of a mock up before I start drilling and shit. Can't see any problems yet!

I reckon those rattle can lids might not be structural...

dan
02-09-2014, 03:48 PM
I reckon those rattle can lids might not be structural...

True but it fits the theme haha

dan
02-09-2014, 03:59 PM
So drilled my first hole for the rivet...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/y9asara4.jpg

And turns out it's in the wrong fucking place! The rivet goes too deep and hits the bolt holding the tail section on. Bummer.

This one is a bit better

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/ehezutyv.jpg

Same to the other side and my front mount is all but done.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/ve9ymy9u.jpg

Up the back as well and we're in business

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/nejaryse.jpg

Used 2 lengths of 3mm aluminium for each front and back to give it a bit more strength.

Currently heading over to Clark rubber for some, well, rubber for the bolt to go through and get some more height for the mounts. Will pick up something for the seat as well.

dan
02-09-2014, 05:05 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/equty4ap.jpg

Boom! Door stops, not just for doors!

senator8
02-09-2014, 06:23 PM
very creative Dan ;)

chubb
02-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Haha love this build!

dan
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/zuguhumu.jpg

Ended up putting another brace across the middle so I can now use a much thinner piece of metal to mount the seat without worrying about it bending.

Tomorrow I hope to have the sheet cut roughly to shape and work out how it's all going to bolt in then I'll look at foam.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/u9yruhem.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/02/y5yba4u5.jpg

dan
03-09-2014, 12:34 PM
This particular post is dedicated to Phat3r. I'm sure he can recall all the trouble he had when ordering a new fairing stay for his gsxr race bike.

After a bit of hesitation I decided to bite the bullet and buy one myself from good old Hong Kong eBay. I ordered it on August 29 and to my relief it arrived yesterday! 5 days! Killing it!

AAAAA++++++++ would buy again

dan
03-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Sorry 4 days haha

dan
03-09-2014, 07:04 PM
So came down to the workshop pretty excited to nail this seat issue. Swing past bunnings and picked up a sheet of 0.6m galvanized steel (about $12, only need half of it). Learning from past mistakes I made a cardboard mock up

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/03/jutuze8u.jpg

Happy that it would all fit I cut it out of the sheet. I did it with tin snips so there are a few flags I'll have to clean up before it gets upholstered

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/03/yvy4avuv.jpg

Lined up where it needed to be and took the front brace off to make sure all the holes lined up then drilled it and bolted it back on

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/03/ahaja9eg.jpg

Was worried about fucking up where the rear holes should go so drill them while it was on the bike by feeling for the bolt underneath. Managed to get all that correct and now I have a proper seat base.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/03/y6y5uvas.jpg

From here I can now work out where I can take material off abs will be rounding the edges and getting it all smooth so nothing gets caught. Quite happy with the result :)

dan
12-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Lots to fill in BUT after 10 months on the stands the old girl is about to leave the workshop. I'm a little nervous!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/12/by2u2u6u.jpg

Saturnalian
12-09-2014, 03:16 PM
I love fiddly shit like this. The payoff is when it finally actually works.... Kinda. Although remind me never to lend you a Sharpy.

Turbo
12-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Rattlecan lives!! :peace:

dan
12-09-2014, 07:15 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/12/veveta7y.jpg

Wearing Keith Wallington's old fairings. After the shakedown I'll do some half arsed attempt at painting them up proper haha

Took her for a spin before and everything feels alright - rear sets a little loose though. Easy fix. Did a burnout in the lane to celebrate!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/12/8eqaradu.jpg

chubb
12-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Love the burnout vid!! Stylin.. Shouda wheel stand the thing after burnouts

Marshy
12-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Unreal!!!!

dan
12-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Second best way to use up a ntec!

dan
12-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Here's the vid haha

http://youtu.be/Hm4ojFQZci8

Marshy
13-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Coooooooool!

dan
13-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Everyone loves a burnout

Phat3R
13-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Looking good Dan! I bit the bullet and re-ordered another front stay from HK too ... I was also relieved it arrived. I spoke to eBay re the missing ones, the trick is to lodge the complaint before the 30 day period otherwise PayPal won't sort it for you.

My K1's got some fixer upperer bits floating around here too ... been too flat chat at work and flu to be arsed to fix ... want to get the frame checked re straightness before I put it back together.

If you need new fairings let me know I'm probably going to sell all my odd sets ... did you keep any of the original forks on the K3 (I recall you upgraded them on either this or the SRAD). I need a right hand side one to replace the one I ground down?

I'm booked in for Sun Sep 28th ... going to try and get back to doing once or twice a month again, although having a farking mortgage again sucks hairy balls.

dan
15-09-2014, 11:57 AM
I thought you were going full time UA and was going to start trying to pick bits off your bike haha

dan
15-09-2014, 12:00 PM
For sure let me know about fairings. Re: forks I put the k3 ones on the srad when I took them off. Looking to hold onto them has I have a full front end that I'd like to keep in one piece.

Hopefully this week I'll paint the fairing and tank. Just going to clean it up and go straight over the top. Whatever haha

dan
15-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Will cover the seat as well then good as done in regards to aesthetics. Going to have to get a quickshifter when my pocket money comes in...

Turbo
15-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Will cover the seat as well then good as done in regards to aesthetics. Going to have to get a quickshifter when my pocket money comes in...
Yeah, any more paint will only slow you down ;)

dan
15-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Yeah, any more paint will only slow you down ;)

Probably come by the workshop one night to find you painting secret layers on lead paint on my fairings haha

dan
18-09-2014, 03:32 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/18/nymedetu.jpg

Getting ready for the beauty pageant...

Marshy
18-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Ooh la la!! :D

dan
18-09-2014, 03:37 PM
20@200 remember

chubb
18-09-2014, 04:43 PM
No it's 20 @ 20 I thought?

Negrogrande
18-09-2014, 05:14 PM
defo 20 @ 20 it will pass Dan don't worry, the gixxer looks horrible up close, but photos nicely from turn 2
https://www.flickr.com/photos/en1gmatic/15058774057/in/set-72157647218654838

dan
02-06-2016, 10:43 PM
*scene missing*

Sold the bike. New vibes coming soon...

Marshy
02-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Newer than 2008?? :pray:

dan
03-06-2016, 12:05 AM
Haha not quite but it did come standard with USD forks ;)