PDA

View Full Version : St George FInal season results up

Stu23
03-12-2013, 02:12 PM
as per title results for the season are now up on the site :)

well done everyone, great seasons racing

chubb
03-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Well done Marshy

Phat3R
03-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Can neva find a friggin thing on that site ... new job ... people wandering behind me ... so Marshy won? ... can someone post da link please?

Stu23
03-12-2013, 02:37 PM
http://www.stgeorgemcc.com/pdfs/roadrace/2013/R6_Results/Honda%20RJays%20Series%20Points%20Rd6%20-%20FINAL%20RESULTS%202013%20Mk2.pdf

Baddie
03-12-2013, 02:51 PM
:cheer::cheer: Well Done Nick :cheer::cheer:

Back to back Now.:thumb:

Phat3R
03-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Congrats Nick ... :first:

w00t I got 75 St G points ...

Marty
03-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Boo I got swindled. No points against round 3 for me, from what I'd logged from natsoft I should be on 154 not 81:(

Phat3R
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Boo I got swindled. No points against round 3 for me, from what I'd logged from natsoft I should be on 154 not 81:(

Yeah, I'm a little suspicious of those lower results ... they had James down for 73 points ... but he finished way more races in front of me ...

Negrogrande
03-12-2013, 07:02 PM
woot woot 3rd last!

thanks zook fuel pump

dadat178
03-12-2013, 10:30 PM
:cheer::cheer: Well Done Nick :cheer::cheer:

Back to back Now.:thumb:

+1

Little Mick
03-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Congrats Marshy!!! Well Done!!!

Marshy
04-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks guys, I'm really really chuffed! Now to hobble on crutches to the presentation.....

Oh, if you think the points aren't right for your final score, let me know and I'll follow up with the club (I've been helping with the scoring - particularly the handicap - recently).

Stu23
04-12-2013, 03:08 PM
ill race you to the bbq....... might even win ;) see you there Nick

dan
04-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Nice one Nick.

Bloody Rick and James beat me. Something to aim for next year. Step one : finish races.

Marty
04-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys, I'm really really chuffed! Now to hobble on crutches to the presentation.....

Oh, if you think the points aren't right for your final score, let me know and I'll follow up with the club (I've been helping with the scoring - particularly the handicap - recently).

Omg it was you who crashed on T1!? My not very credible mate said it was you and I thought he was wrong since I couldn't find anything on the forums about it. I hope your not too bad mate :|

Thanks for the offer on points, I emailed st George this morning asking if they can take a look. Like I said in the email it not changing the outcome of any prizes etc, I'd just be stoaked to see my name further up the list. It has me down for nothing for round 3 when the old result sheet for round 3 says 81 points.

Cheers
Marty

James
05-12-2013, 12:03 AM
James beat me

This is worth repeating.

Well Done Marshy!

dan
05-12-2013, 10:48 AM
This is worth repeating.

Well Done Marshy!

Rub it in. I'm happy being number 2 rider next year - all the pressure is on you (no team orders).

dadat178
05-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Congrats Marshy, good to hear you are up and hobbling about.

Phat3R
05-12-2013, 11:32 PM
This is worth repeating.

:high5:

dan
07-12-2013, 04:07 PM
:high5:

!!!!

Phat3R
07-12-2013, 04:54 PM
!!!!

Dan, I think a very good year is coming up for you and James in 2014 ... [if you slow it down a tad and keep it on track] ... :becky: ... in the meantime I bask in the delusion that I scored more points than you in 2013 ... I'm pretty sure that's the last time that's likely to happen ... :)

dan
07-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Dan, I think a very good year is coming up for you and James in 2014 ... [if you slow it down a tad and keep it on track] ... :becky: ... in the meantime I bask in the delusion that I scored more points than you in 2013 ... I'm pretty sure that's the last time that's likely to happen ... :)

Wasn't a delusion mate. Gotta finish races to score points. My Sunday was a mess. Too eager. Everything after qualifying was forgettable haha

Phat3R
08-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Wasn't a delusion mate. Gotta finish races to score points. My Sunday was a mess. Too eager. Everything after qualifying was forgettable haha

Yeah but you learned heaps from Sun ... you only got to pull it back a little to get back to your super consistency on the Sat ... then start building consistent lap times again.

So where do you think you can improve and go consistently faster??? ...

Since the last ARDC I attended [one I flipped the bike 4 times] I have been getting murdered out of T18 onto the main straight ... I reckon its partially due to going back to stock exhaust as I couldn't find a Yoshi replacement this time ... and the PCIII has never setup either ... so new exhaust / PCIII setup / dyno could be the go for me when I get my next round of pocket money.

Those new disks / pads I put on just before the St George races made a huge difference over the previous ones ... they bite super hard all race long ... went a long way in improving my times ... and scaring the fuc out of myself wagging rear wheel in the air all the time. :)

chubb
08-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Power isn't everything. Corner speed (entry/exit) much more importenerer

Little Mick
08-12-2013, 09:06 AM

+1E6

Rick - if T18 has become a problem area, chances are it isnt power, more line, corner speed and when you are getting on the gas. If you blow T18, then you essentially have blown the lap you are on and most of the next one too...

Corners before the straights and high speed corners are the highest prioirity

As Prf. Julius 331 would ask...

Marshy
08-12-2013, 09:44 AM

Absolutely!

Phat3R
08-12-2013, 10:41 AM
+1E6

Rick - if T18 has become a problem area, chances are it isnt power, more line, corner speed and when you are getting on the gas. If you blow T18, then you essentially have blown the lap you are on and most of the next one too...

Corners before the straights and high speed corners are the highest prioirity

As Prf. Julius 331 would ask...

Haha I miss Julius Sumner Miller's Sat morning black & white lectures ...

Mick all the T's are a problem area for me! :) You are spot on about if you blow T18 the rest of the lap is catchup!

Mr.Ed
08-12-2013, 11:44 AM
dafuk is T18??

chubb
08-12-2013, 01:02 PM
last corner?

Mr.Ed
08-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Thought we'd agreed that'd be either T12 or 'old T12'. Them kids and their new lingo

dan
08-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Yeah but you learned heaps from Sun ... you only got to pull it back a little to get back to your super consistency on the Sat ... then start building consistent lap times again.

So where do you think you can improve and go consistently faster??? ...

Since the last ARDC I attended [one I flipped the bike 4 times] I have been getting murdered out of T18 onto the main straight ... I reckon its partially due to going back to stock exhaust as I couldn't find a Yoshi replacement this time ... and the PCIII has never setup either ... so new exhaust / PCIII setup / dyno could be the go for me when I get my next round of pocket money.

Those new disks / pads I put on just before the St George races made a huge difference over the previous ones ... they bite super hard all race long ... went a long way in improving my times ... and scaring the fuc out of myself wagging rear wheel in the air all the time. :)

All my problems / crashes came from passing attempts gone bad. I need to be a little more patient and chill out my hard on for dives up the inside at T11. Part of that is being on a underpowered bike compared to most/all of the other racers - something you are no doubt familiar with. If I get onto the straight behind someone all, other things being equal, I get blown away on the straights so I was trying to hard to make the pass before the straight. If I'm in front out of T12, if they catch me I'll go deeper into T1 and hold my position. Didn't lose a spot at T1 all weekend and it was my most successful overtaking section. Should probably just leave the big dive till the final lap if it's on. Realistically it's inexperience on my part and ill race a bit smarter on Feb 1.

To go faster I need to go back to basics. I'm riding on instinct most of the time with only rough ideas of markers at best. I just know round about where to brake / turn rather than having my reference points down pat. Most likely an adrenalin thing. I should back off 5% and get my game plan sorted. Might even try setting my bike up properly - I haven't touched my suspension since I bought it and just learned to ride it as is. No doubt there is something I can do in regards to that haha

Phat3R
08-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Thought we'd agreed that'd be either T12 or 'old T12'. Them kids and their new lingo

Oh FFS do we have to go through this again with you old timers :hippie: ... for two years the Brabham circuits been in use :gossip:... learn the new damn corner numbers and stop whinging! :violin:

http://www.sydneymotorsportpark.com.au/about-the-park :)

Mr.Ed
08-12-2013, 08:01 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jZcGwgNyPSg/URYQMdf15oI/AAAAAAAAARg/XENmYCzNVjQ/s1600/funny-photo-orkwop8rrp-GRUMPY-OLD-MEN.jpg

Little Mick
08-12-2013, 08:48 PM
All my problems / crashes came from passing attempts gone bad. I need to be a little more patient and chill out my hard on for dives up the inside at T11. Part of that is being on a underpowered bike compared to most/all of the other racers - something you are no doubt familiar with. If I get onto the straight behind someone all, other things being equal, I get blown away on the straights so I was trying to hard to make the pass before the straight. If I'm in front out of T12, if they catch me I'll go deeper into T1 and hold my position. Didn't lose a spot at T1 all weekend and it was my most successful overtaking section. Should probably just leave the big dive till the final lap if it's on. Realistically it's inexperience on my part and ill race a bit smarter on Feb 1.

To go faster I need to go back to basics. I'm riding on instinct most of the time with only rough ideas of markers at best. I just know round about where to brake / turn rather than having my reference points down pat. Most likely an adrenalin thing. I should back off 5% and get my game plan sorted. Might even try setting my bike up properly - I haven't touched my suspension since I bought it and just learned to ride it as is. No doubt there is something I can do in regards to that haha

Dan

some thoughts....

undertaking someone into 11 is frought with risk... you are better off getting a better drive out of 12... The block pass into 11 just slows you down and ol mate that you just got infront of can put some distance between you and him and get a good run through 12 and jump you on the straight..

If you captured video footage, revisit it and look at what typically happened... You can get more benefit on the little bike with a slip stream and overtake at the end into 1 if you are confident there, or around 1 or into 2 as you please...

Ed keeps hammering me about tucking in and slip streaming... he is absolutely right... the little old R6 needs all the help it can get..

good thinking to back it off a touch and put some method and planning into it..

adrenalin helps but can also get us undone.. watch Marshy's videos and see if you can spot how many random passes he does... he is smooth and calculated... and can rub fairings with the best of them...

just my 2c ...

cheers

Mick

chubb
08-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Listen to the flouro man

senator8
08-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Oh FFS do we have to go through this again with you old timers :hippie: ... for two years the Brabham circuits been in use :gossip:... learn the new damn corner numbers and stop whinging! :violin:

http://www.sydneymotorsportpark.com.au/about-the-park :)
No matter which way you cut it, it's never going to be T18.
You came off on T9. Anything else is gay or change for sake of change :)

Marshy
09-12-2013, 05:58 AM
No matter which way you cut it, it's never going to be T18.
You came off on T9. Anything else is gay or change for sake of change :)

This! Well said :thumb:

Phat3R
09-12-2013, 07:11 AM
No matter which way you cut it, it's never going to be T18. ... Anything else is gay or change for sake of change :)
Rick you're just another a T18 denialist ... :-) It is 'the gay corner' and it's out of the closet and proud! :hug:

You came off on T9.
twas T15 ... T15 ... T15 :lalala:

So far I have changed de underwear after altercations with T1 & T4 & T11 & T17 ... I haven't doubled up yet, just trying for the complete set. :brick:

senator8
09-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Ok, you can call them anything you like while learning, if it helps :)
I've never spoken with any of the fast riders who call T9 & T12 anything other than what they are. Just sayin ;)

Saturnalian
09-12-2013, 09:25 AM
I'm actually getting faster just because i refuse to accept change.

o-x-y-m-o-r-o-n

J.

Mr.Ed
09-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Ed keeps hammering me about tucking in and slip streaming...

And you're still not tucking in enough! hahahaha Having said that, you've improved A LOT from when you were riding the old girl only... I'm sure that having a dark tint screen had something to do with that too.

But in all seriousness my logic (and it might be flawed but I don't care) is that:

a- we spend a lot of money on the bike trying to squeeze a few extra ponies of the thing
b- we spend a lot of money trying to drop some of the bike's weight
c- we push as hard as we dare trying to brake later
d- we push as hard as we dare trying to carry more speed around the corners
e- we focus on maintaining the best body position possible to allow us to get on the gas as hard and as soon as possible

Basically, we invest a lot and take a lot of risks to go faster. Now, when you don't tuck in 100% of the time, not only on the straight but on every opportunity (i.e. out of T1, T3, T5, T6, old T8, old T9, old T10 etc...) or when you don't try and draft the rider in front, you're just wasting the cheapest/easiest way to go faster out there!! And if you know me, you know I'm not a man that likes to waste anything... hahahaha watch any Moto3 race and you'll see that I'm not alone in those thoughts!

Mind you, I still have to remind myself to tuck in and draft as well... and by no means I meant to imply that I do what I preach perfectly. But I do try to!!

chubb
09-12-2013, 11:37 AM
now now.. can't give out all the secrets in one hit

Mr.Ed
09-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Nah... hardly the reason why I'm not winning races! hahaha

dan
09-12-2013, 11:55 AM
I definitely need to work on my tucking in.

dan
09-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Rick you're just another a T18 denialist ... :-) It is 'the gay corner' and it's out of the closet and proud! :hug:

twas T15 ... T15 ... T15 :lalala:

So far I have changed de underwear after altercations with T1 & T4 & T11 & T17 ... I haven't doubled up yet, just trying for the complete set. :brick:

Calling them by the old names makes you faster. Less syllables.

I just call the new section bits 'new section', left hander before new hairpin, new hairpin, toe scrape hill... Then 8,9 etc

Mr.Ed
09-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Plus I'm willing to bet you'll be doing most of your racing on the GP circuit anyway

dan
09-12-2013, 01:03 PM
T18 is soooooooo white group haha

Phat3R
09-12-2013, 03:50 PM
And you're still not tucking in enough! hahahaha Having said that, you've improved A LOT from when you were riding the old girl only... I'm sure that having a dark tint screen had something to do with that too.

But in all seriousness my logic (and it might be flawed but I don't care) is that:

a- we spend a lot of money on the bike trying to squeeze a few extra ponies of the thing
b- we spend a lot of money trying to drop some of the bike's weight
c- we push as hard as we dare trying to brake later
d- we push as hard as we dare trying to carry more speed around the corners
e- we focus on maintaining the best body position possible to allow us to get on the gas as hard and as soon as possible

Basically, we invest a lot and take a lot of risks to go faster. Now, when you don't tuck in 100% of the time, not only on the straight but on every opportunity (i.e. out of T1, T3, T5, T6, old T8, old T9, old T10 etc...) or when you don't try and draft the rider in front, you're just wasting the cheapest/easiest way to go faster out there!! And if you know me, you know I'm not a man that likes to waste anything... hahahaha watch any Moto3 race and you'll see that I'm not alone in those thoughts!

Mind you, I still have to remind myself to tuck in and draft as well... and by no means I meant to imply that I do what I preach perfectly. But I do try to!!

Tucking in is definitely the go. I try and pile as much of me as possible behind the screen, keep those elbow right in too.

But question re helmet design ... the Bell I acquired recently is no where near as good as the Reevu, visibility wise with head right down in tuck. Keep having to pop head up every few seconds to see if I've run out of straight yet. Plus eyeballs are strained trying to look through the top of my head. Maybe lack of flexibility on my part from old neck injury, or common problem?

KANGA
09-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Tucking in is definitely the go. I try and pile as much of me as possible behind the screen, keep those elbow right in too.

But question re helmet design ... the Bell I acquired recently is no where near as good as the Reevu, visibility wise with head right down in tuck. Keep having to pop head up every few seconds to see if I've run out of straight yet. Plus eyeballs are strained trying to look through the top of my head. Maybe lack of flexibility on my part from old neck injury, or common problem?

I have the same problem with my AGV GP-Tech. On the main straight I just can't bring my self to put my head right down because of visibility. I always angle my helmet up as far as possible from one of the tips I got from the motovudu dvd which helps a lot but full tuck as low as I can get just gets me a bit on edge when I can't see properly. I'm generally about as aerodynamic as a brick anyway so should try work on it lol.

chubb
09-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Arai. Best helmet since sliced bread

Mr.Ed
09-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Had that problem with the AGV TiTech but pushing the helmet up a bit helped... no issues whatsoever on the Shark. AGV is supposed to have the best field of view of them all on the new Pista but I've never tried one.

dan
09-12-2013, 04:55 PM
The Shark I wore at StG was great for visibility when tucked in. My Shoei is shit but it's old and moves around too much so it was never going to be ideal. I literally have to adjust it on the straight. I'm going to pick up a Shark Carbon R (?) for my next helmet I reckon.

Mr.Ed
09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
If the same one I want, it's called Shark Race R Pro Carbon (good luck remembering that... hahaha)

Phat3R
09-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Ok, you can call them anything you like while learning, if it helps :)
I've never spoken with any of the fast riders who call T9 & T12 anything other than what they are. Just sayin ;)

Those of us that are White group riderz have the time whilst pottering around to actually read the corner signs to learn the correct names. :)

SMSP should to spray paint the numberz in the tarmac.

Little Mick
09-12-2013, 05:29 PM
what corner signs??

CLIFFY
09-12-2013, 05:56 PM

You look all tucked in in your avatar!
Have had 3 AGV's (all top of the line) which restrict visibility while tucked or turning tight and low. On the south circuit it drove me insane.
Got the Bells now, visibility is massively improved in this area, in fact I have not had to lift my helmet since.

dan
09-12-2013, 06:20 PM
what corner signs??

They put them out for white group

dan
09-12-2013, 06:25 PM
If the same one I want, it's called Shark Race R Pro Carbon (good luck remembering that... hahaha)

That's the one. I hope they make it in plain white I want to put my own design on it.

Phat3R
09-12-2013, 06:34 PM
what corner signs??

See ... that's what I would expect from a Red group rider ... :)

Mr.Ed
09-12-2013, 06:42 PM
That's the one. I hope they make it in plain white I want to put my own design on it.

What size do you wear?

Phat3R
09-12-2013, 06:46 PM
You look all tucked in in your avatar!
Have had 3 AGV's (all top of the line) which restrict visibility while tucked or turning tight and low. On the south circuit it drove me insane.
Got the Bells now, visibility is massively improved in this area, in fact I have not had to lift my helmet since.

Interesting re the AGV's ...

I've got the Bell RS-1 that "I won / paid for in installments" and whilst I love the feel of the fit of helmet it drives me nuts on the track and getting tucked in ... the Reevu is way better ... but I still can't really see as well as I'd like ... I'm hoping the race ones are designed for a better view when tucked in ... or tight corners. I'll have to try the Shark Race R Pro Carbon on in store to see if the field of view is an improvement.

Yeah the Avatar is a new riding style I'm working on ... the idea is to head butt the rider next to you on the inside of the turn ... less tuck and more "oh fuc"! :)

Phat3R
09-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Arai. Best helmet since sliced bread

What model / year, so I can include it in the ones I try on?

Mr.Ed
09-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Helmets are a very personal thing, you really need to try them all... decide on a budget and then go shopping. I'm a massive fan of Shark helmets but that's because they fit me awesome, have an amazingly clear visor regardless of the color your pick and, to me, they have by far the best cost/benefit ratio out there.

Unlike Chubb and many many others, I'm not a fan of the Arai. Tried a few and even did a session in one (Corsair V) but in the end they cost a lot more without actually offering anything extra and to me that's a big 'no no'.

I like the fit of the Shoei as well but hate the fact that their visors don't come treated with anti fog... they're a bit on the thin side too when compared to the Shark.

The quality of the AGV is not bad, especially the paint job, but I'm not game to pay what they're asking for the Pista GP. If they dropped the prices on the Corsa I'd consider it.

Little Mick
09-12-2013, 07:17 PM
See ... that's what I would expect from a Red group rider ... :)

The funny thing is I am serious :) I havent seen any corner signs... :loco:

CLIFFY
09-12-2013, 07:21 PM
I've got the Bell RS-1 that "I won / paid for in installments"

Yeah the Avatar is a new riding style I'm working on ... the idea is to head butt the rider next to you on the inside of the turn ... less tuck and more "oh fuc"! :)
Ditto.
I jam my head into a small in all helmets I've tried on (except I'm a medium in my Fox V4), my theory is if I can fit my head in it and not pass out in 3 minutes then that's the correct fit for the track. A day or 2 on the track after the padding fags out a bit, they fit perfect.

I kept thinking you were about to lose it through T1 all last Sunday.

dan
09-12-2013, 07:36 PM
What size do you wear?

I'm a medium in the racer r pro carbon. Small in the standard racer r.

dan
09-12-2013, 07:42 PM
The Shark I was wearing when I crashed was a Vision R. The shell cracked on impact so it (or, I) took a pretty heavy hit. Was going to say I walked away fine but obviously that's not true haha but I had no head or neck pains what so ever. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Negrogrande
09-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Try a smaller helmet, most people run them too big and it doesn't sit properly, my first one was an XL after getting fitted properly I am a S/M depending on brand

chubb
09-12-2013, 08:25 PM
What model / year, so I can include it in the ones I try on?

Arai vector 2 if you're on a budget and the corsair are just more exxy.

I tried the Bell carbon star and they're a great helmet too!!

I might just get a second lid.

Phat3R
09-12-2013, 09:42 PM
I kept thinking you were about to lose it through T1 all last Sunday.

Was I riding that bad? It felt a little bumpier than usual, I kept trying to find a smoother line than the last, the suspension was working hard. Looks like will be up for more wet weather practice this weekend. :(

dan
09-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Try a smaller helmet, most people run them too big and it doesn't sit properly, my first one was an XL after getting fitted properly I am a S/M depending on brand

True that. My Shoei is a L and O-L-D. Silly to be using it in the first place really.

CLIFFY
09-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Was I riding that bad? It felt a little bumpier than usual, I kept trying to find a smoother line than the last, the suspension was working hard. Looks like will be up for more wet weather practice this weekend. :(

Not bad, rear was stepping a little through the bumps and it looked like you were putting all your attention into getting your head as far away from the bike as possible.

Can't help the weather...........

Mr.Ed
09-12-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm a medium in the racer r pro carbon. Small in the standard racer r.

Oh dammit... that's a really cheap one for sale atm, white and all. But it's a Race R Medium

Mr.Ed
09-12-2013, 10:20 PM

Same. Then I did a track day at Oran Park and the helmet would barely stay on my head when I hit the straight! hahaha

Not sure who said it but buying it almost too tight on your face really is the way to go! As long as it's not tight on your forehead/back of the head, obviously.

Phat3R
09-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Not bad, rear was stepping a little through the bumps and it looked like you were putting all your attention into getting your head as far away from the bike as possible.

Yeah midway through Sunday had a little "oh fuc" moment between T14/T15 when the rear stepped out and spat me out of seat. Came back in at end of session and found rear outside proper range (31psi v 28psi max recommended) ... dropped it 6 psi to lower end of correct range ... it felt way better connected afterwards, T1 included. I had checked pressures first two sessions and thought they had stabilised ... obviously not ... silly mistake. :redface:

I think I'll need to prioritise getting the suspension tweaked before St George, to better deal with the "new improved T1" "with extra large corrugations". :)

dan
09-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Oh dammit... that's a really cheap one for sale atm, white and all. But it's a Race R Medium

How cheap...

dan
09-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah midway through Sunday had a little "oh fuc" moment between T14/T15 when the rear stepped out and spat me out of seat. Came back in at end of session and found rear outside proper range (31psi v 28psi max recommended) ... dropped it 6 psi to lower end of correct range ... it felt way better connected afterwards, T1 included. I had checked pressures first two sessions and thought they had stabilised ... obviously not ... silly mistake. :redface:

I think I'll need to prioritise getting the suspension tweaked before St George, to better deal with the "new improved T1" "with extra large corrugations". :)

Mate, that's just the SBK Pro for ya

When I had mine on I dropped it to about 24 as well before I had faith in it - and even then......

chubb
10-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Ditch the pros.

Said countless people

The rears on them aren't as great as other tyres you can get out there.

The only thing between you and the Tarmac are those round black things.

How much is your bike worth to you again?? And would you like to keep repairing them all the time?

Phat3R
10-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Mate, that's just the SBK Pro for ya

When I had mine on I dropped it to about 24 as well before I had faith in it - and even then......

I got the Superbike's ... Not touching the Pro's.

Marshy
10-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Don't forget that damaging your body sucks big-time too.......

Mr.Ed
10-12-2013, 10:25 AM
How cheap...

Well... FMD! The one I was talking about was on gumtree last night for $250... gone now!

dan
10-12-2013, 10:48 AM
I got the Superbike's ... Not touching the Pro's.

Oh, figured from the massively high recommendation it must have been Pros. My bad ;)

Negrogrande
16-12-2013, 04:47 PM
where?
Scratch that...

Mr.Ed
16-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Have a look at bikebiz online, mate! No idea what size you wear but they have the race R for $299 in some size/models and the race r pro for $499...

Found this as well! :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MOTORBIKE-HELMET-SHARK-RACE-R-AS-NEW-KAWASAKI-YAMAHA-SUZUKI-HONDA-/231111299722?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35cf4e928a&_uhb=1

Negrogrande
20-12-2013, 08:38 AM
I bought the bikebiz one but I crashed it in the road (taxi) I'll get another one eventually