PDA

View Full Version : Telstra ADSL2 modem/routers

Medic!
13-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Got 2 of these. One is the latest they offer TG797n v3. The other is the first one they supplied me with TG587n v3.

Both work fine but it took 4 months for them to finally listen to me and send an ADSL2 tech out who eventually found the fault in the pit caused by a pit upgrade done 15 yrs ago. The same fault they refused to acknowledge that made me dump them back then. The only good thing to come of it was they wrote all this stuff off including the tablet which they kids love.

I'm now back with optus and proper internet speeds.

Anyway who needs one? Yours for some scratchies or a lucky lotto ticket.

Mr.Ed
13-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Mate, you might wanna put them on ebay... they go for around $70, sell them both and it's like 50% off a track day. Can't complain about that, right?! ;)

Medic!
13-11-2013, 06:04 PM
I did a quick search before posting and found some for $15.
Still, I could do with some $ so maybe I should try. Youve talked me into it mentioning track.
So at the risk of upsetting someone ill temporarily withdraw the offer. I'll give it a week on eBay.
If no luck ill offer thru here.
Thanks ed

Mr.Ed
13-11-2013, 08:36 PM
I did a quick search before posting and found some for $15.
Still, I could do with some $ so maybe I should try. Youve talked me into it mentioning track.
So at the risk of upsetting someone ill temporarily withdraw the offer. I'll give it a week on eBay.
If no luck ill offer thru here.
Thanks ed

Anyone annoyed can just address it with... erm... Grant? hahahaha

Phat3R
13-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Got 2 of these. One is the latest they offer TG797n v3. The other is the first one they supplied me with TG587n v3.

Both work fine but it took 4 months for them to finally listen to me and send an ADSL2 tech out who eventually found the fault in the pit caused by a pit upgrade done 15 yrs ago. The same fault they refused to acknowledge that made me dump them back then.

As this is no longer an active for sale thread I thort I might crash it and say I f#$ked the Big Blue T and their ADSL right off! Also over pit flooding ... they were downright unhelpful ... months ... wanted $$$ to come out ... plus they charge a fortune each month for two pair of ancient copper wire. I got Optus to put in the coax (FOC) and took the hi speed 100MB option too ... friggin marvelous ... plus no stupid exxy monthly fee for some wires a caveman put in 10,000BC.

Medic!
13-11-2013, 10:20 PM
I screwed them straight back to the wall. Didn't pay a cent for the 3-4mnths of shit and got to keep all their gear. I worked for them for 12yrs commissioning and testing fibre way back when.

Mr.Ed
13-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Unfortunately I'm with Telstra (Bigpond) albeit cable... can't complain about the speeds but fark they're expensive in comparison. As I should be moving soon I don't wanna take out another contract till I know where I'll live... and unfortunately Optus cable is not available here. :(

Medic!
13-11-2013, 11:12 PM
It's crazey. The pits that were upgraded years ago were part of the broadband battle with Optus. Because of all the stink about trees being butchered and ugly overhead wiring ( Optus ) and destroyed driveways and road enclosures (Telstra ) they both stopped dead. I can't get telstra cable even though the optical rim is 50m around the cnr. My Optus coax cable travels about 12 m from house to optic fibre so the speed tests so far are all in the 90-100 mbs range.
Telstra ADSL2 even after fixing the fault topped at 8 mbps at 2am with nothing connected eg WiFi or tbox. With the tbox on that dropped to 5mbps. In peak times 3 or less. It was unbearable. I told them I wanted 12mnths free for whole package and full foxtel pack included. They offered 6 so told them to stick it. Optus gave me 2 months free for signing up get a free fetch tv box no install or connect fees. Free extra sock anywhere I wanted. No foxtel but that's no real loss when you can stream to tv from the net thru hdmi.