PDA

View Full Version : ASBK

Stu23
09-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Im reading an article from australian superbikes, talking $100 race entry fees !! and reducing costs

chubb
09-10-2013, 06:53 PM
And clubmen classes.. based on what they say thats the class I would be most interested in

Marshy
09-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Philby wants an over-40s class! YESSSS!! I'm in for that!! :rockon:

chubb
09-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Clubmen class should be under 40s :p

Mr.Ed
09-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Seriously, this has got to be the best news in racing since I've started riding... I was just doing the math and thinking of maybe doing the Ninja300 championship as it would be a lot cheaper and then this!!!

dadat178
09-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Interesting, and has much to commend it, if it happens, but hopefully in the competition between ASBK and FX, real club racing isn't the loser.

Mstevo
09-10-2013, 07:45 PM
There's more over 40's riding than under 40's riding if you look at all the series, but yes it would be fun
I'm keen to find out more about there club sport class but would only do the local meets as the off the track costs(accommodation, food, fuel, time off work etc etc) as well as tyres are the killers for me.

Interesting, and has much to commend it, if it happens, but hopefully in the competition between ASBK and FX, real club racing isn't the loser.
that is up to us the riders to support "the true club racing"

Phat3R
09-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Seriously, this has got to be the best news in racing since I've started riding... I was just doing the math and thinking of maybe doing the Ninja300 championship as it would be a lot cheaper and then this!!!

Do em both ... :)

Mr.Ed
09-10-2013, 09:01 PM
I will if you sponsor me! :D

Baddie
09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Time for me to build the enclosed box trailer...:rockon:

senator8
09-10-2013, 09:23 PM

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthread.php?252-Should-Baddie-Race-at-St-George-rd5

Just sayin

BoB
09-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Time to get yourself a race licence...

Marshy
09-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Time to get yourself a race licence...

Thought he had one :confused:

tempest
09-10-2013, 09:46 PM
is the entry fee the real point of stopping people racing??
another 400 or so dollars is better in my pocket than the promoters but at the end of the day it's the small end of the wedge.

the national promoters need to ask how a club like st george charge similar prices and have reasonable sized grids compared to their (fx/asbk) handful of riders.
ASBK has 13 600cc riders at the last round!! FX wasn't much better. just over 3 rows on the grid!

cheaper entry may attract a few back, myself included, however maybe not to a class where i need to spend stupid amounts of tyres every day. when i raced FX and ASBK on a more regular basis, it wasn't the entry fee that made me weep, it was the rest of the costs!

Mr.Ed
09-10-2013, 10:46 PM
It may not attract too many riders for the whole championship but will more than likely attract local riders to each track... Plus if they do create a new classes based on Formula Oz, there'll be lining up to get their entries in...

$400 may not be the whole cost but to a local rider the cost will be a set of tires (which he'll no doubt use again on a track day or practice day) + entry fee + fuel. Basically, the whole thing is a much better deal than any track day.

Marshy
10-10-2013, 04:45 AM
is the entry fee the real point of stopping people racing??

Absolutely not!! What's stopping me is the lack of track time/racing, plus ridiculous tyre rules (and eligibility rules in the case of FX). The recent trip to PI for Pirelli RR series (itself a club event, but trying to be 'bigger') was a joke. 3 sessions total on track on Sunday, and 4 on Saturday. Friday practice was a similar joke. Farking loooooong drive for a handful of laps on the track!!

Marshy
10-10-2013, 04:50 AM
Konski asked for emails from 600 class riders thinking of entering next year, so I sent him one. Got this unhelpful reply an hour ago. I'm not quite sure why he bothered.....:

Nick,

The new Supersport rules will remain the same for next year, however the formats will change. We will have it all out by the end of the month as well as the calendar,

Regards

Yarrive

Mstevo
10-10-2013, 06:08 AM
The recent trip to PI for Pirelli RR series (itself a club event, but trying to be 'bigger') was a joke. 3 sessions total on track on Sunday, and 4 on Saturday. Friday practice was a similar joke. Farking loooooong drive for a handful of laps on the track!!

I'm not sure about you but I had qualifying on Saturday and 3 x 6 lap races = 24 laps
Sunday qualifying and 2 x 12 lap races = 30 laps
it doesn't sound much but it is a race meet and you can only run the show as fast as the slowest rider, the only other option is to do double duty if your fit enough and have enough tyres.