PDA

View Full Version : How good is Shipito!!

Marshy
22-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Anyone else using freight forwarding companies in the US for buying motorcycle parts? After BoB put me onto Shipito about 6 months ago, I'm completely taken with just how good it is!! Fourex sample, I just ordered some brake pads and a few fasteners from KurveyGirl, and shipping was going to be US$83. I also ordered a bunch of (bigger and heavier) parts from SoloMoto and shipping was gonna be heaps as well - I didn't even check how much. And they both ship USPS, which is slow as a wet week.

But Kurvey does free shipping in the US, and Solo was $12.95. Both packages arrived in my CA box in 2 days, and they were consolidated and shipped to me via TNT Express within 30 mins of that. TNT takes 3 days door to door, and total cost was $76 for shipping both orders.

So I get the parts much quicker, much cheaper, and all in the one package. Score! How good is it!

Negrogrande
22-02-2013, 10:54 AM
thanks for the info will use in future

triumph
22-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Anyone else using freight forwarding companies in the US for buying motorcycle parts? After BoB put me onto Shipito about 6 months ago, I'm completely taken with just how good it is!! Fourex sample, I just ordered some brake pads and a few fasteners from KurveyGirl, and shipping was going to be US$83. I also ordered a bunch of (bigger and heavier) parts from SoloMoto and shipping was gonna be heaps as well - I didn't even check how much. And they both ship USPS, which is slow as a wet week.

But Kurvey does free shipping in the US, and Solo was $12.95. Both packages arrived in my CA box in 2 days, and they were consolidated and shipped to me via TNT Express within 30 mins of that. TNT takes 3 days door to door, and total cost was $76 for shipping both orders.

So I get the parts much quicker, much cheaper, and all in the one package. Score! How good is it! im waiting for a new stator to come from the us aus$198.00 but its being shiped by usps. so its looks like i be waiting a while for it to get here .

Marshy
22-02-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't understand why USPS is so slow, seeing as everyone uses it. Oh wait....

BoB
22-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Good to hear marshy , the shipito is working for you .. only downside is i keep spending money now as i get the bits off ebay usa nice and cheap .. I think im up to my 3rd cbr frame .. One thing to watch out for is get the sender to make the packaging as small (but securely) packaged ..
If your thinking of getting a frame then the best result i have is getting them to wrap it in bubble wrap (extra bits on the edges/ maybe even a bit of extra cardboard ) then stick a shipping label on it . It was around $260 tnt economy. If they try to put it in a box then the size usually kills the posting costs and puts the weight over 30lbs which ads another $12.50 .

Done the same thing with kurvey girl , if you spend over the $100 free shipping in the us .. and then use the consolidation in ship it to send it with other bits ..

triumph
22-02-2013, 03:43 PM
i think the last time i had something sent from the us it took about 2 weeks to get here .

Kimbo
22-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Will have to look at it. I have had no trouble with USPS. I found the problem was the Australia Post end or the courier

madog
22-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi guys how do you buy off ebay when you have a ozzy account ,when they wont ship to ozz thanks craig,if that makes sense?.please bare with me as i am Dislexic.

Team Zero
22-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Will definitely be joining for the next order. Just ordered vesrah pads from kurvey girl.

Marshy
22-02-2013, 08:50 PM
You just need to enter another postal address in ebay, and also in PayPal (ie your Shipito address they give you, which is a street address in the US). Then be sure to select that postal address when you chek out on ebay and most importantly in PayPal, as many US sellers will only ship to a verified paypal address. Don't worry that your US address isn't itself verified; as long as your normal address is, you're good to go.

madog
22-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Thats great thanks mate

Mstevo
26-05-2013, 07:32 AM
1 order pending, 1 in transit, and 5 boxes already in my "warehouse" so I consolidated 4 into 1 and paid an extra $3 ($97) to get it here in 2-4 days instead of 4-6 days.
It should be sent Monday US time and be here by Thursday-Friday our time so I have that weekend to get the bike up and running before Broadford the following weekend (leaving Thursday)

I can't fault them so far :-)

Motomummy has been making my order for over 3weeks now, no updates or contact :-( ...and I've found cheaper since DOH!
lucky this stuff is for next years project bike

BoB
26-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Just recieved my 4 boxes of goodies last week from fed ex economy using the mps (multiple parcel shipment) . Consolidated heaps into several boxes . Pc5, air filters ,crank,ecu,wiring harness,rear sets,shark fins,fuel pump and tank.

Make sure that the total doesnt go over the $1000. even if there are two separate boxes that are sent at the same time , the total of all the items must be under the $1000 or you will get stung with extra charges.

tempest
26-05-2013, 07:51 PM
i use MYUS.com and have had the same great service.
hold items for 30days free and consolidate and send with a click of the mouse.
it's very sad that i can get OEM parts from partshark send to MYUS and sent to australia alot faster than getting OEM parts from a local bike shop that only has to get them from melbourne!!! and lets not mention how much cheaper it is to shop OS.

Mstevo
26-05-2013, 08:27 PM
i use MYUS.com and have had the same great service.
hold items for 30days free and consolidate and send with a click of the mouse.
it's very sad that i can get OEM parts from partshark send to MYUS and sent to australia alot faster than getting OEM parts from a local bike shop that only has to get them from melbourne!!! and lets not mention how much cheaper it is to shop OS.

Partshark is cheaper than Mr Cycles, which I have been using ;-)
Shipito will hold for 90days fee....if you ever needed to wait that long

Negrogrande
26-05-2013, 08:31 PM
arrgh forgot about shipito and used bonvu instead :nerd: will update on costs after and let everyone know how exxy it was

Marshy
27-05-2013, 08:55 AM

It's just wrong, isn't it!! Although I've gotta say that moving to Yamaha has been a bit of a revelation.... order stuff in the morning from Bikebiz, and the parts are there ready to pick up by 4:30 in the arvo the same day. I haven't bought all that much OEM stuff, but some things weren't as ridiculously priced as other brands.

tempest
27-05-2013, 08:09 PM
i gave up asking dealers here because of the costs (unless it was last minute!)

maybe the yamaha's go thru enough parts that they sell via numbers not mega huge profit margins!!!

Marshy
27-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Ouch!! :D

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2864429312/hA6D21E79/

tempest
28-05-2013, 05:10 PM
haha, remember... i still got a yammie too!