PDA

View Full Version : PCRA 2014 Race Calender

senator8
03-10-2013, 04:55 PM
PCRA kickin arse next year!

6 rounds plus the Barry Sheene, Plus the One Hour!

R1 Club Champs 8th Feb Wakefield Park
BSFOS 21st/23rd March SMSP GP Track
R2 Club Champs 6th April SMSP South Circuit
R3 Club Champs 3rd May SMSP North Circuit
R4 Club Champs 19th July SMSP GP Track
R5 Club Champs 9th Aug SMSP GP Track
R6 Club Champs 30th Aug Wakefield Park
One Hour Endurance Races 31st Aug Wakefield Park

dan
03-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Great calendar!

chubb
03-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Need to get me a premodern or 2fiddy proddie

Mstevo
03-10-2013, 07:16 PM
deleted...dumb comment :-(

senator8
03-10-2013, 07:46 PM
I hear there will be a Nsw road racing championship round as well which will also include historics

Marshy
03-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Is this where all the St George committee effort is going?

senator8
03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Not sure. But it is a big improvement over the ass end of the stick Pcra got last year. I'd actually decided not to run next year as I thought the rounds would be similar and just do select ones. Now I'm thinking I'll have another crack.

Be interesting to see what the St George calender looks like. The FX one is a bit of a disappointment for me, considering I was hoping to make it the focus for next year. No Sydney round until November!

chubb
03-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Hoping they plan it all out properly so they don't clash.

I would like to cross enter into a couple of FOz rounds.

My second year of racing on the 600 and I would like to do all the rounds this time round!

Mstevo
03-10-2013, 08:33 PM
I heard a whisper that St George will be similar to this year or completely different with the possibility of a PI round ;-)
it all depends on how all the other series dates fall into place and what they get dealt

Marshy
03-10-2013, 08:42 PM
I was at the meeting a week ago, where this was all reported on. Next year St George will be similar to this year, with 2 rounds at the Creek on virtually the same weekends as this year (so Feb and Nov). The 4 hour weekend will likewise be in freezing cold middle of the year again (same weekend as this year). The second proposed Wakey round was rejected by the track, so Jan is going back to them and asking for a different weekend (early May, or failing that, October? sometime). It hampered by most of the officials all going to the Isle of Man for a month in late May/early June, and we can't race without them!

If they can't get the second date at Wakey, then Broadford will be on again. Dates there are pretty easy to get. PI was potentially the backup plan if they only got one round at the Creek, but since they got both that they asked for, it's not under consideration for next year.

I feel like we are still missing a round though.

chubb
04-10-2013, 07:28 AM
I don't mind going to Broady..

Its a much much better track than wakey and well worth the drive. Wakey track surface has just gone downhill

So all those chinese whispers about them considering SMP rounds in winter are out the window?

Negrogrande
04-10-2013, 08:37 AM
I need to get to broady and PI

and get a bucket racer on the cheap.

sigh... this buying a house nonsense really sucks up a lot of my bike funds