PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Aprilia RS 125 race glass

dan
03-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Long shot in these parts but if anyone comes across any race glass (cheap, banged up, whatever) for a 08 aprilia rs 125 - or any small bike I guess if it sort of fits - I'm looking

Tristan
03-10-2013, 12:18 PM
What year I'll see what I can do

dan
03-10-2013, 12:19 PM
2008. The emphasis is on cheap though not after new

Tristan
03-10-2013, 12:48 PM
I can only get new but only a few hundred maybe.

senator8
03-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Long shot in these parts but if anyone comes across any race glass (cheap, banged up, whatever) for a 08 aprilia rs 125 - or any small bike I guess if it sort of fits - I'm looking

That's quick Dan. You into it already? :)

dan
03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
That's quick Dan. You into it already? :)

Stripped it and got it running by the end of the day! Hooked up my track bike battery and put a new plug in it. Owner before was running way too cold of a plug in it for the street. No one wonder it wouldnt run before. I think he just gave up on the thing. If I can find the free time I'm going to try race it with the North Coast boys at Lismore on the 26/27 of October! My first race was going to be the following weekend at St George but might do a little sneaky. It's a one hour event as well haha fuck me probably biting off way more than I can chew.

Making a list of bits I need now and will try pick them up next week. This multiple track bike thing is fucked though - I thought just the one was expensive. Two and half (the half being my SRAD) is just taking the piss.

dan
03-10-2013, 05:25 PM
I can only get new but only a few hundred maybe.

If you can find me a price I'm happy to try justify it. The new ones I've seen are $5-600 which is way out of budget.

Negrogrande
04-10-2013, 08:41 AM
just glass the lights in on the plastics you have.

similarly for a belly pan, can be made easily enough. won't look pro, but will cost $50 instead of $500.

you have seen the tail of my bike, that was built using imagination, resin and fibreglass.

or you could do it like Windy and take your time and it will turn out nice

Tristan
04-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Yeah just get windy to make you a whole set he is a pro now

dan
04-10-2013, 02:02 PM
just glass the lights in on the plastics you have.

similarly for a belly pan, can be made easily enough. won't look pro, but will cost $50 instead of $500.

you have seen the tail of my bike, that was built using imagination, resin and fibreglass.

or you could do it like Windy and take your time and it will turn out nice

I was considering that. The main draw back would be that there is about 30 bolts holding the fairings on so it isnt particularly efficient unless I go nuts and start linking all the parts up. I also thought that if I flog off the road gear and lights I could probably get close to the price of track fairings and then I have something designed a little better and will achieve my desired outcome quicker.

May as well try flog the road gear and see what I get for it. Between all the lights, indicators and fairings I should probably get reasonable close to the price of track fairings.