PDA

View Full Version : Yoyodyne Slipper Clutches

Marty
02-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Anyone here used them? I'm looking to get a race quality slipper for my 07 cbr600rr.

The options I've been looking at are STM, Sigma and YoYo.

Everyone says the STMs are the tits but them seem to be impossible to get info and parts for and cost a million bucks. These are adjustable but the springs don't come with them, so u have to special order them from the states for 100USD each.

Sigma also cost a fortune but there's an Aussie distributor in Sydney. I'm not sure if these are adjustable like an STM though.

The other option is yoyodyne which seem to have a decent name but aren't adjustable, however you buy either the race or road version which has different ramp angles.

I'm not that picky, I don't think I'll need to fine tune it as long as its designed for what I'm using it for (racing).

My OEM slipper in my 09 R1 was a turd, it would prevent low speed comp lock but it really wasn't very good, nowhere near enough slip (too steep a ramp).

Im not a fan of engine breaking so I'd prefer a biggish amount of slip.

Anyone had any experience with the yours?

Hard racing does them for 800 so with shipping it should come in under the threshold for duty etc.

I'm looking to order one ASAP since the US has some termoil I think the dollar will be down for a day or two. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mstevo
02-10-2013, 05:33 PM
I had a Yoyondyne slipper in my FZ1, I noticed it in my first session due to the lack of engine braking and lack of rear bouncing and skipping at the the hard braking corners, then never really noticed it since....which I take is a good thing :-)
Get the clutch plates stack height right and you'll be right ;-)

Edit
I just remembered the only problem I had was one of the spring bolts came loose and rubbed against the inside of the cover, a drop of blue loctite on each bolt fixed that.

Marty
02-10-2013, 10:06 PM
I had a Yoyondyne slipper in my FZ1, I noticed it in my first session due to the lack of engine braking and lack of rear bouncing and skipping at the the hard braking corners, then never really noticed it since....which I take is a good thing :-)
Get the clutch plates stack height right and you'll be right ;-)

Edit
I just remembered the only problem I had was one of the spring bolts came loose and rubbed against the inside of the cover, a drop of blue loctite on each bolt fixed that.

Thanks for the info, everything I can find is positive but people still say they STMs are better because they are "the best".

Mstevo
03-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Yoyondyne are used by lots of racers and they make what they sell
like I said the slipper in the FZ was faultless for over 2 years

Marty
09-10-2013, 07:01 AM
I bite the bullet and ordered the yoyo.

Steveo what did you use for clutches? OEM or aftermarket? How often did you check your stack height?

Cheers
Marty

Mstevo
09-10-2013, 09:31 AM
I bite the bullet and ordered the yoyo.

Steveo what did you use for clutches? OEM or aftermarket? How often did you check your stack height?

Cheers
Marty

I just used the clutch plates that were in my bike, I rearranged the order of the first couple of plates(closest to the motor) as per instructions and they came in within tolerance, I might have just been lucky, and I haven't touch them or check them since....if it an't broke don't touch it......and I haven't notice any difference since day two

Baddie
09-10-2013, 12:23 PM
I think BOB installed STM brand into his 600.

BoB
09-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Yes i put a stm in the cbr .. havent had much time to really try it out . Only thing i did notice last time i was out was a lack of engine braking im used to going into the old t9 .. found i was very heavy on the front brake to pull it up , but i did just have it dynoed and tried some new rubber .. (must remember to do changes only one at a time.)

Before the slipper fitted i used to be hard on the front brake putting it into 2nd going into t9 and find the back dancing around so i would say it has improved as i didnt notice that last time i was out . Will give it a try on Fri and possibly the ardc on the 25th .

chubb
09-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Glad your engine didnt break..

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd451/chubb35/ku-bigpic.jpg

Sorry had to do it..

*puts on grammer nazi flame suit*

BoB
09-10-2013, 08:45 PM
thanks for the grammer lesson .. i also need riding tips too..:help:

Glad your engine didnt break..

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd451/chubb35/ku-bigpic.jpg

Sorry had to do it..

*puts on grammer nazi flame suit*

chubb
09-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Well I cant spell..

Grammar not grammer...

Hahah I need spelling lessons and riding lessons

Marshy
09-10-2013, 09:38 PM
A little girl opened the door to her teacher.
‘Are your parents in?’ asked the teacher.
‘They was in’, said the little girl, ‘but they is out now.’
‘They WAS in! They IS out!’ exclaimed the teacher, ‘Where’s your grammar?’
‘Oh, she’s in the front room watching the telly.’

Baddie
09-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Let Youtube be your friend...:bounce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQSHHdDJsD8

Marty
10-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Let Youtube be your friend...:bounce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQSHHdDJsD8

I watched this video the other day actually! There's people telling him he's doing it wrong in the comments to which is concerning