PDA

View Full Version : Tyre changing?

Jashdown
29-09-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone from here does tyre changes at race meets or know where I can get my tyres changed in Wollongong?

I tried to get a set of pirelli slicks changed by WRP today and he just flat out refused because I bought the tyres cheaper elsewhere and he has a grudge against the pirelli importer in Australia. Thought it was a bit ridiculous because when I asked he wasn't busy at all, so it makes no sense to refuse the work and hence refuse the cash I would have happily paid, rather than sit there and get no cash.

So yeah, looking to get some tyres changed, preferably for cheaper than $90 a set (what I've been offered down here).

fitzy
29-09-2013, 07:09 PM
and this is why i go to marshys ;) WRP seem like tools mate. 90 a set screw me is that ride in ?

chubb
29-09-2013, 07:10 PM
I had no problems with Craig White

$90 per set is over the top though

Jashdown
29-09-2013, 07:17 PM
$90 was wheels off the bike. I thought it was ride in, but alas, the answer was no. It's because they sell brand new tyres (at an uncompetitive price) do they don't like fitting brand new ones from elsewhere.

Yeah I thought it was out of character for WRP too, I've spoken to him over the phone a few times to get prices and he's been more than helpful even with telling me where I can find tyres cheap elsewhere if he doesn't have any in stock. Baffles me why he would just refuse me the service.

Tristan
29-09-2013, 08:49 PM
If you go there again just tell him I sent you there and he will change them for you or you can try Mototech Australia in Smithfield or just go see nick if your out his way.

Marty
01-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Whitey has always been very good to me and I go to him as a nobody in the racing seen. He has given me alot of helpful advice whenever Ive seen him. He definitely has a grudge against Pirelli though, I've picked up on that a few times.

DisPlaCeD
01-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Any motorcycle shop will replace tyres and balance them for you man... no need to go somewhere special... my local Kawasaki dealer did my Suzuki wheels for $15 each... and I'm all the way out in Orange. In regards to WRP, it's simple business sense. You get a similar reaction from SW Racing and to an extent from Madaz. They fit the tyres they sell, I've dealt with all of them... that being said, I've never had a problem getting them done at race meets.

Jashdown
01-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Not in Wollongong. One place simply refuses to fit brand new tyres that have been bought elsewhere, but will happily fit my used tyres for $15 a wheel. Another place wanted $45 a wheel to fit brand new tyres and $20 for used ones, the other place wanted $25 to fit used ones.

I understand businesses not wanting to fit brand new tyres bought elsewhere, but I wouldn't have to buy them elsewhere If they would already try to provide a reasonably competitive price.

It's no problem though, I've had them fit by a shop down here, even with fitting costs. I still saved $100 on the best price offered by anyone down here!